✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve.

I finally managed to listen to "the fall" yesterday. It is surprising to know that everything comes out of an i-pad. A lot of songs are pretty good. I still prefer Plastic Beach but I'll listen to "The Fall " gladly.

^ no not posted yet, thanks.

Ahh no you guys, my friend Jen who was at the show in LA said Snoop Dogg never showed up for rehearsals and they don't know what happened to him, he didn't return Damo's phone calls.

tumblr_l89ytn5Odw1qzmw1so1_500-1-1.jpg

Poor Damo, guess that crush is over :P

^ no not posted yet, thanks.

Ahh no you guys, my friend Jen who was at the show in LA said Snoop Dogg never showed up for rehearsals and they don't know what happened to him, he didn't return Damo's phone calls.

tumblr_l89ytn5Odw1qzmw1so1_500-1-1.jpg

Poor Damo, guess that crush is over :P

I knew there was a reason I never really like Snoop! :P

Poor Damon :lol:

I love the live album some fans made! :wacky:

Could someone link me up with this? I'ver never heard of it :surprised:

Liz BB THANK YOU FOR THIS LINK!!!! :heart: I couldn't get any of them to work for me and this one does!!!!!! :D:kiss:

The Evangelist will be revealed tomorrow thursday, here are the drawings that made it to the final:

http://gorillaz.com/evangelist/final

Thanks for the link, Liz! :D

I'm quite interested to see who the Evangelist will be, too :wacky:

Well kiddies, here's the final result- congrats to jirouta! :D (this name saounds familar-checking my tumblr followers! ;))

http://gorillaz.com/evangelist

I know a lot of people are DIVIDED on this-I personally love this and the idea of it as it's supposed to be of the good power (right?)-it's all about searching for the true beauty, which is always underneath (this is what I get from it anyway). Seriously if anyone knows their Bible stories, it's always the outwardly beautiful types that are meant to lead us to true evil-this to me represents the opposite of that (OK I'm gonna shut up now-things like this always bring these kind of theories out of me! :laugh3:)

Now for the eyerolling that usually accompanies new Gorillaz goodies of late.....:thinking:

Of course there is some debating over at you-know-where, and of course some are going after Jamie-even saying that the chosen picture doesn't even follow the direction or the idea of the proposed storyline. Um....HELLO????? :inquisitive: The man himself CHOSE the drawing of how the Evangelist will be represented-obviously it falls in line with how the plot will continue. :rolleyes:

You're welcome guys! The first think didn't work for me either, tried to install some damn toolbar :thinking:

That's awesome! Oh god, I know people are bitchin' about it, STFU JAMIE HAS SPOKEN!

Ya I couldn't get any of the damn links to work from that whole set that they sent-so once again thank you Liz!!! *HUGS* I seriously needed that set! :D

As for the arguments-this one is a classic (and I agree 1000% with the first person! :D)

God Gorillaz fans are never happy are they? Imagine how the winner would feel if they read some of the comments on here?

It's Jamie's competition and he chose the design he liked the best end-of story. You'd swear there was some sort of conspiracy going on. I'm not going to question the decision of an extremely successful artist and I don't think anyone on here has the credentials to question them either. You are always crying out for new pieces of artwork from Jamie and when you actually get one all you do is complain.

RANT OVER...

And yet, as sensible as that is.....it STILL got this:

I see your point there but... this does not at all fit the design concept given as part of the contest brief.

As for the designer, sorry but I am not worried about speaking my mind. I repeat: it does NOT fit the design brief.

:stunned::stunned::stunned:

Yeah um....apparently it did fit the design brief-aka Jamie's VISION-otherwise it wouldn't have been chosen, right? Right! ;)

Love the drawing, Jamie chose right this time (good god the box didn't make it to the finals).

Btw, you know that's a Jamie's drawing because of the feet:

IMG_6696.jpg

tank-girl-rain.jpg

OMG You're right! Thats kinda cute actually! And what of this 'box' pic? I heard about it a few times!

It's Jamie's preference in the end. I don't care if it's music or art or whatever, not everyone likes everything. Morons jesus.

THIS to infinity!!!!!!

Liz BB THANK YOU FOR THIS LINK!!!! :heart: I couldn't get any of them to work for me and this one does!!!!!! :D:kiss:

Well kiddies, here's the final result- congrats to jirouta! :D (this name saounds familar-checking my tumblr followers! ;))

http://gorillaz.com/evangelist

I know a lot of people are DIVIDED on this-I personally love this and the idea of it as it's supposed to be of the good power (right?)-it's all about searching for the true beauty, which is always underneath (this is what I get from it anyway). Seriously if anyone knows their Bible stories, it's always the outwardly beautiful types that are meant to lead us to true evil-this to me represents the opposite of that (OK I'm gonna shut up now-things like this always bring these kind of theories out of me! :laugh3:)

Now for the eyerolling that usually accompanies new Gorillaz goodies of late.....:thinking:

Of course there is some debating over at you-know-where, and of course some are going after Jamie-even saying that the chosen picture doesn't even follow the direction or the idea of the proposed storyline. Um....HELLO????? :inquisitive: The man himself CHOSE the drawing of how the Evangelist will be represented-obviously it falls in line with how the plot will continue. :rolleyes:

Agreed, Shani!

Love the drawing, Jamie chose right this time (good god the box didn't make it to the finals).

Btw, you know that's a Jamie's drawing because of the feet:

IMG_6696.jpg

tank-girl-rain.jpg

Ha that's so true! And I love that second picture, the vertical line effect is so awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
BUMP

Listened to the live album, love it!

And the Evangelist drawing... kinda creepy, but I completely agree with you guys - it's Jamie decision and I trust he'll make it fit in the most awesome way :D

I HAVE FAITH.

OOH! You know what there's a new Jamie interview and he talks about The Evangelist:

http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/jamie-hewlett-talks-gorrilaz

OOH! You know what there's a new Jamie interview and he talks about The Evangelist:

http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/jamie-hewlett-talks-gorrilaz

I completely love Jamie interviews. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy reading Damon's interviews about the bad, but i really want to know more of what happened to the artistic side and stuff like that.

I really like this part especially:

That’s become the sort of online catchphrase of people saying…’well that’s not how I imagined it’ (laughs) but it would be impossible to have had a competition where somebody came up with a design that I picked that would appeal to absolutely everybody.

I completely love Jamie interviews. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy reading Damon's interviews about the bad, but i really want to know more of what happened to the artistic side and stuff like that.

I really like this part especially:

LOVED that he said that-it's actually healthy (dunno if thats the right word, LOL!) that something that was against the grain was chosen-I mean thats what art is, especially when it piques your brain and makes you think (and debate it even). It was also interesting to hear his thoughts on RE and that he has nothing against EMI for it either-VERY happy to finally find out what happened there (still sad we didn't get to see it obvs!)