✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

LOVED that he said that-it's actually healthy (dunno if thats the right word, LOL!) that something that was against the grain was chosen-I mean thats what art is, especially when it piques your brain and makes you think (and debate it even). It was also interesting to hear his thoughts on OMH and that he has nothing against EMI for it either-VERY happy to finally find out what happened there (still sad we didn't get to see it obvs!)

You mean Rhinestone Eyes, right? :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH YEAH!!!!! DUH- Don't mind me I'm typing out of my ass again lemme fix that......

Oh, don't worry about that, it's not that bad :).

I'm pretty optimistic about the idea that Jamie wants to finish the Gorillaz storyline.

They could do another Rise of the Ogre, with plenty of new artwork. And that wouldn't be insane since Rise of the Ogre sold really well in it's initial run and it's hard to fnd copies nowadays.

Oh, don't worry about that, it's not that bad :).

I'm pretty optimistic about the idea that Jamie wants to finish the Gorillaz storyline.

They could do another Rise of the Ogre, with plenty of new artwork. And that wouldn't be insane since Rise of the Ogre sold really well in it's initial run and it's hard to fnd copies nowadays.

LOL!!! THX!

That would be great to see that! I still need to get RotO if I can!

^ Yes, another RotO plz!!

I only just recently got mine, had to get it shipped out from Germany no-one else would send it all the way to Aus!

Though I haven't actually been able to read it yet, we've had no mail for nearly a month because of these floods :bigcry:

^ Yes, another RotO plz!!

I only just recently got mine, had to get it shipped out from Germany no-one else would send it all the way to Aus!

Though I haven't actually been able to read it yet, we've had no mail for nearly a month because of these floods :bigcry:

Awww nooooo!!!!!!! *HUGS* How are you guys doing out there BTW BB? I hope and pray things are getting better!!!!!! :heart:

I completely love Jamie interviews. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy reading Damon's interviews about the bad, but i really want to know more of what happened to the artistic side and stuff like that.

I really like this part especially:

I'm the exact opposite.

Is it bad that I don't care about the cartoons and their storyline? Lol sorry I don't know how to explain it. I love Jamie and appreciate his visuals and love him as an artist, I just idk never got into that side of Gorillaz.

Especially when people act like "OMG it's 2D, he's so cute" LOL NO JUST POST A DAMON PIC

:disappointed:

I'm the exact opposite.

Is it bad that I don't care about the cartoons and their storyline? Lol sorry I don't know how to explain it. I love Jamie and appreciate his visuals and love him as an artist, I just idk never got into that side of Gorillaz.

Especially when people act like "OMG it's 2D, he's so cute" LOL NO JUST POST A DAMON PIC

:laugh3: You're fine BB! Thats the thing I don't get really is the 2D fangirls-I love the animation and stuff and the idea, just when people get into it on THAT level is a bit......ooooooookkkkkkkaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy! :laugh3:

I'm the exact opposite.

It's okay, i'm don't reach fanboy levels or stuff like that xD. I just like this interview because there weren't too many Jamie interviews this phase, so it's interesting for me to see it.

:laugh3: You're fine BB! Thats the thing I don't get really is the 2D fangirls-I love the animation and stuff and the idea, just when people get into it on THAT level is a bit......ooooooookkkkkkkaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy! :laugh3:

Thank god you weren't present at the Murdoc chat. Holy sh*t, there was too many fanboy there, who just said stupid crap like: MURDOC I WANT TO MARRY YOU!!! or WHERE IS 2D?? or my favourite WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN NOW???

Damn them, when you have the chance to actually ask him something good, they always have to come with loads and loads of over the top fans.

It's okay, i'm don't reach fanboy levels or stuff like that xD. I just like this interview because there weren't too many Jamie interviews this phase, so it's interesting for me to see it.

Thank god you weren't present at the Murdoc chat. Holy sh*t, there was too many fanboy there, who just said stupid crap like: MURDOC I WANT TO MARRY YOU!!! or WHERE IS 2D?? or my favourite WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN NOW???

Damn them, when you have the chance to actually ask him something good, they always have to come with loads and loads of over the top fans.

Are you for serious? Oh my dear Lord. I just HOPE these guys were like 14 or something younger! LOL!!!!!

In all honestly I really would love to ask Jamie if he'd ever thought about doing an animated film, you know, not Gorillaz or anything. I think watching the Golden Globe animated film category last night got me thinking about that.

D: YES

and I guess people actually write slash fics about the cartoons too D:

"EXCUSE ME BUT 2D?! HAVE YOU SEEN THE SEXY IN REAL LIFE CREATORS OF THIS CARTOON MY DEAR?!"

HIGH FIVE MY SISTER!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Awww nooooo!!!!!!! *HUGS* How are you guys doing out there BTW BB? I hope and pray things are getting better!!!!!! :heart:

Oh we're fine, I'm out of Brissy at the moment visiting family and although the town closest to us is a declared disaster area (:sad:) our property suffered minimal damage. The real work starts when I go back to Brisbane.

Thanks for the concern, though :hug: And things are already looking much better, all over the state!

I'm the exact opposite.

I like the cartoons and the storyline, the whole concept just intrigues me. But when people go all fanboy or fangirly over cartoon characters... that's just creepy in my opinion :P

Damon/Jamie pic > any cartoon character pic

Oh we're fine, I'm out of Brissy at the moment visiting family and although the town closest to us is a declared disaster area (:sad:) our property suffered minimal damage. The real work starts when I go back to Brisbane.

Thanks for the concern, though :hug: And things are already looking much better, all over the state!

I like the cartoons and the storyline, the whole concept just intrigues me. But when people go all fanboy or fangirly over cartoon characters... that's just creepy in my opinion :P

Damon/Jamie pic > any cartoon character pic

Oh thank God!!!!!!! :hug: :heart: I am praying for you guys!!!!

And Jamion!!!!! :heart:

Guys I posted this on tumblr, but I thought I'd put it here as well. It's the advert from which the superfast jellyfish sample is taken from, it's pretty funny!

OMG I KNEW I RECOGNIZED THAT AD!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!

*coughomgimoldcough*

Hey Sam! :D

Every year on Australia day (today) a national radio station hosts its Hottest 100 songs of the previous year, as voted by listeners. In the Hottest 100 of 2010 Gorillaz had 3 songs voted in - Doncamatic at #37, On Melancholy Hill at #42 and Stylo at #78 :awesome: