The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

418454511957.jpg

http://www.alternativemusic.com/Artist/954

It's good that they intend to promote this stuff, at least they have chosen the most "single-oriented" songs from the record.

However, it's kinda weird there's not any art from Jamie in the cover.

EDIT: Well, Jamie's son told me that he's not working with Gorillaz at the moment. Bummer.

The pic isn't showing up for me. :cry:

You know I keep forgetting that D has Formspring! I wonder what Jamie's up to if he's not working on Gorillaz right now. Hopefully he'll work on something for it having to do with The Evangelist when he can.

In all seriousness though, Jamie has definitely earned some downtime from Gorillaz. A lot of people out there still don't realize how he busts his ass designing everything for it. They both do-its just that because Damon is the face because he's performing it, thats all those peeps know. I think all of us here are appreciative of the whole thing that goes into it (not that we fantasize about the cartoons, mind you! :laugh3:)

The pic isn't showing up for me. :cry:

You know I keep forgetting that D has Formspring! I wonder what Jamie's up to if he's not working on Gorillaz right now. Hopefully he'll work on something for it having to do with The Evangelist when he can.

In all seriousness though, Jamie has definitely earned some downtime from Gorillaz. A lot of people out there still don't realize how he busts his ass designing everything for it. They both do-its just that because Damon is the face because he's performing it, thats all those peeps know. I think all of us here are appreciative of the whole thing that goes into it (not that we fantasize about the cartoons, mind you! :laugh3:)

The link there shows you the release date and cover, just in case you can't see the cover here.

Obviously i love Gorillaz by it's two sides (music & art), and it's safe to say i don't fantasize with the characters xD.

The link there shows you the release date and cover, just in case you can't see the cover here.

Obviously i love Gorillaz by it's two sides (music & art), and it's safe to say i don't fantasize with the characters xD.

YAY its showing up now! :-D

LOL!!!! Honestly though, I can't bring myself to follow D on his FS, but there are a couple legit questions that I am curious on: #1, is Jamie aware that Miley Cyrus wants to play Tank Girl in a remake to shed her HM image (YES this is true! HAHA!!) and what he thinks of that, and #2, If Jamie has ever seen Superbad-the reason I ask is because of a certain thing "Seth" does as a kid in it (the drawings show up in the end credits as well)-a quote from Alan Martin showed up on tumlbr today, revealing Jamie did this same thing in school too. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

YAY its showing up now! :-D

LOL!!!! Honestly though, I can't bring myself to follow D on his FS, but there are a couple legit questions that I am curious on: #1, is Jamie aware that Miley Cyrus wants to play Tank Girl in a remake to shed her HM image (YES this is true! HAHA!!) and what he thinks of that, and #2, If Jamie has ever seen Superbad-the reason I ask is because of a certain thing "Seth" does as a kid in it (the drawings show up in the end credits as well)-a quote from Alan Martin showed up on tumlbr today, revealing Jamie did this same thing in school too. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I don't think Alan or Jamie are going to let anybody direct Tank Girl, seeing how the first movie went.

And that's new, why would Jamie get obsessed with... male reproductive organs?

I don't think Alan or Jamie are going to let anybody direct Tank Girl, seeing how the first movie went.

And that's new, why would Jamie get obsessed with... male reproductive organs?

Seriously-that whole thing was a clusterfuck, NOTHING to do with Jamie nor Alan there. I will say Lori Petty made a CUTE Tank Girl though.

LOL!!!! Its actually a bit old! Aside from what we all know and have seen in Bananaz (and his 'I <3 MY PENIS' sign and his mentioning of that cartoon frog-forget his name-'s penis being pixalated on Jonathan Ross), THIS gem popped up on tumblr today:

I kept my distance at first, alarmed at the amount of penises Jamie drew. I mean that guy drew a lot of cocks; they were absolutely everywhere, a veritable blizzard of knobs and ball bags.

“— Alan Martin on when he first met jamie in school.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Seriously when I read that my brain automatically went to that part in Superbad!

I thank Perrine for putting it in a playlist for me.

I also really like Latin Simone (Que Pasa Contigo). Anybody any suggestions where I should start when it comes to listening to some of Ibrahim Ferrer's stuff?

I'n not really familiar with Ibrahim's stuff, but you can try with Buena Vista Social Club.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

G-U twitter:

- The long-awaited (sorry!!) world-exclusive #Gorillaz -Unofficial Jamie H. interview will b published this weekend!Will let u kno when its up

- Yes, we went there. We asked Jamie about those #Gorillaz breakup rumours. Read what he had to say in the new G-U interview, out this weekend

Anxious about this.

G-U twitter:

- The long-awaited (sorry!!) world-exclusive #Gorillaz -Unofficial Jamie H. interview will b published this weekend!Will let u kno when its up

- Yes, we went there. We asked Jamie about those #Gorillaz breakup rumours. Read what he had to say in the new G-U interview, out this weekend

Anxious about this.

I'm looking forward to this! I knew this was gonna happen and Jamie is such a wonderful guy to return the support and love his fans give him by doing this. Really cool that it worked out to coincide with the big 4-3 too! :D

Hey guys! I've emigrated from the Damon thread :laugh3:

Finally some Gorillaz-related news other than the opera and the new Snoop song! Btw I randomly found Denholm's Formspring account a couple of days ago and had a semi-conversation with him... he's so nice and a lot like Jamie :) but I'm sure y'all already knew that

And to clarify, by Gorillaz-related I meant Jamion-related... I may be an insignificant fangirl but I do my research ^^

P.S. It's the most mind-blowing thing in the world when you find out that your awesome Irish Latin teacher is a huge Damon fan, knows most of Blur's songs, and bought tickets to a Gorillaz concert (it got canceled)...