✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

I can't wait to hear the new version of No Cars Go.

:nice:

i cried as a baby when i heard it first. i cannot belive how powerful it sounds.

Title track- Neon bible- when i first heard i had a feeling that i've never ever in my life have heard any music and... like they did something that no one did. i can't express it well.

this is a rare moment in my life that something reached all my expectations, that were very very high after funeral.

this is a rare moment in my life that something reached all my expectations, that were very very high after funeral.

You are so right! Their music is a complete other category, completely refreshing and different from ANYTHING that's been done in the past 100 years or so.

My face when I listen to them: :wacko::bigcry::stunned::nice:

Yeah, I've heard No Cars go and Black Waves/Bad Vibrations today like 18768769876478612 million times today :stunned:

actually..i kinda lied. i like ATB very much but when i first started listening to NB i didn't like it, and that's why there a little aversion towards it but only until i hear it :who knew you were such a sensitive child* :heart:

as for BM..it's one of those songs that finally got into perspetive just after listening to it with the rest of the whole album. i adore it now.

TWATL? it didn't really hit me totally until i concetrated on lyrics and Regine. now i adore it.

Title track is the most amazing one.

Im still not too fond of ATB(maybe cause of the title :laugh4:). I loved it at first listen, now im sort of not liking it, maybe I'll give it another go :nice:

My top 3 favs so far: BW/BV(Looove it), No Cars Go(seriously perfect performance:stunned:) and Ocean of Noise :heart:. Black Mirror is fabulous and its better to hear iot when its dark, it becomes all creepy.

I've been listening to it on my ipod on the way to work. I just love it.

It's slightly darker than Funeral but not disappointing in any way! It's almost perfect actually. Not better or worse than funeral and yet different at the same time! It's also the perfect length for an album! I'm fed up seeing albums with like 14 or 15 songs on them, the majority of which are shite! What's the point filling up an album with crap just for the sake of it?! I don;t think I've been as excited listening to a new album for a long time! I can't wait to see them!

Exactly Jen! I said the same thing when describing it to my friend who loved the first album, that it's quite a bit darker. There are a few tracks on Funeral that are played a lot in clubs (Rebellion, especially) and are very upbeat & good to dance to, but not so much on this album.

That's not a criticism though, I wouldn't have it any other way! :nice:

Chris Martin Sees Arcade Fire Twice!

02-arcadefire.jpg

Arcade Fire aren't playing Toronto's Phoenix Concert Theatre from Feb. 24 to 28, as speculated on the internet on Friday, but it's a fact that frontman Win Butler got into a minor scuffle with security guards at a concert in England.

A message on the Stillepost website claiming that Arcade Fire, Wolf Parade and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah would play a five-night stand at the Toronto club to end the month caused a minor frenzy with fans looking to purchase tickets, but it turns out that it's a hoax. A check on various ticket-related and music industry websites and a call to the Soundscapes record store, which would normally sell ducats to shows like this, confirmed that the trio of bands won't be making their way to Hogtown to play on those dates. It should be noted that the hoaxster behind this joke hoodwinked even more people last year when he insisted that a Toronto show featuring Wolf Parade, Clap Your Hands and Fiery Furnaces was going to happen.

Arcade Fire did, however, play their fourth straight show in London on Thursday night, and Butler got involved in a minor dispute with security officials when he extended the group's concert in Porchester Hall by performing an encore in the venue's foyer.

Here's what happened, according to a report by a New Musical Express journalist who was at the show:

"One of guards was literally manhandling Win, who was pretty pissed off and shouted, 'Don't fucking touch me,' before shrugging off the attention and defiantly placing his mic stand at the bottom of the foyer stairs.

"The rest of the band — French horns, double bass and all — then emerged from the startled crowd, most of whom hadn't realized exactly what was going on, to play a spine-tingling extended acoustic version of 'Wake Up.' After about a minute, Win disappeared to the back of the throng, leaving the lead vocals to be sung en masse by the audience."

Butler then reportedly led the band back into the hall to play a brief rendition of The Clash's "The Guns Of Brixton" to end the evening's entertainment, which was apparently taken in by Coldplay's Chris Martin (his second show this week), The Rakes' frontman Alan Donohoe and Glastonbury music festival organizer Emily Eavis.

Video footage of the impromptu lobby performance can be found on the NME site. Arcade Fire conclude their London run at Porchester Hall on Friday and will play five shows in Montreal from Feb. 6 to 10.

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2007/02/0207.cfm