✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate what the user above is listening

MrsBerry

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have said the same thing! It's an absolutely gorgeous song throughout and there's very little that could be improved (I think the bridge is a little teeny tad boring compared to the rest of the song and might have benefited from something just a little bit different or maybe a shortening, but I'm not going to go and edit the song, it's something very minor and really it's nitpicking, the song is absolutely gorgeous and I'm wrong for trying to analyze it like this... lol) All in all, sublime.

7.8/10. Very unique minimalist song, I didn't expect the song to take this turn using those unique vocal effects and electronic elements! I love the overall melancholic vibe it gives off to. Almost feels a little short though. Not enough for me to rank it 8/10, but deserves better than 7.5/10, which is why I chose a weird number for the ranking, leaning towards the higher end of the scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivFYVAntpw0

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivFYVAntpw0

• Like 1

See these auto generated music videos by YouTube are awesome. And it sucks because I can't access them anymore!! It makes me mad. Going to find alternate video I can watch...

EDIT: Found another video, I'm surprised, with the artist name I thought it would be much more stripped down, but nope...

7.2/10. Pretty good pop song, actually sounds a bit unique amongst all the other crap out there today. But still reminiscient of mainstream pop nonetheless! So not those "sweet spot" kind of songs, but still pretty good. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LniY0pDQGaE

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LniY0pDQGaE

Funny enough, while listening to the beginning of this song I imagined it going down in the same pattern as U.F.O does, since the first two chords I think are exactly the same between both songs (well at least in U.F.O when CM starts singing, the first two are the same then)

i think that actually reminds me more of Parachutes than UFO :lol:

9/10 - reminds me a LOT of Pink Floyd but slightly different (and maybe optimistic? :P) and i love Pink Floyd. i might add this song to my playlist :D

See these auto generated music videos by YouTube are awesome. And it sucks because I can't access them anymore!! It makes me mad. Going to find alternate video I can watch...

EDIT: Found another video, I'm surprised, with the artist name I thought it would be much more stripped down, but nope...

7.2/10. Pretty good pop song, actually sounds a bit unique amongst all the other crap out there today. But still reminiscient of mainstream pop nonetheless! So not those "sweet spot" kind of songs, but still pretty good. :)

yeah, that song is very poppy but it reminds me of like 80s pop and that's one of the things i really like about it :wideeyed:

and speaking of Pink Floyd...

so, this is actually two separate tracks. my intention is for the focus to be on the first song, but i just love the transition from The Happiest Days of Our Lives into Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2 :wacky:

i think that actually reminds me more of Parachutes than UFO :lol:

9/10 - reminds me a LOT of Pink Floyd but slightly different (and maybe optimistic? :P) and i love Pink Floyd. i might add this song to my playlist :D

yeah, that song is very poppy but it reminds me of like 80s pop and that's one of the things i really like about it :wideeyed:

and speaking of Pink Floyd...

so, this is actually two separate tracks. my intention is for the focus to be on the first song, but i just love the transition from The Happiest Days of Our Lives into Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2 :wacky:

Yeah, U.F.O is a lot more "produced" I guess, Silent Lucidity feels more stripped down. So for me a mix between the two :D Even though Parachutes to me feel much lower and dense I suppose? While songs like U.F.O and the beginning of Silent Lucidity don't feel "low" or "dense" much at all. Just the production value I guess, at least for me.

Glad you liked it! Heard it on the radio, that's how I got to know this wonderful song :D

As for that other song, yeah that's right! More of that reaaaally old style pop sound. Probably why it doesn't bother me as much as today's pop sound (really doesn't bother me at all... it almost sounds like it takes elements from that old style sound and brings a new feeling into it... something like that, I don't know :D)

As for the actual rating of your song: 7.4/10. Very, very unique, and that part where the beat comes in a little earlier then you expect is a neat addition. Not predictable, which is nice. One thing I've noticed, the guitar in the background sounds really quiet while the beat feels much louder. I like that! How it actually sounds dynamic and not ultra hyper compressed into oblivion like some songs and you can't tell what's loud and quiet, it's just only loud...

It doesn't hit the "sweet spot" for me which is why the songs rating seems a little low for the praise I've been given it. It's not that I don't like these kinds of songs, I do, but there's just that "sweet spot" that needs to happen for it to be able to give me an 8 or something like that. Didn't feel like it deserved an 7.5 but did deserve a higher rating then the last song! Again these are all first impressions right, since I haven't heard the first song before, if I listened to it more of course I'd form a more solid opinion, and likely like it more.

Love the transition though. It's absolutely seamless! Like it should be one song, just like Mylo Xyloto and Hurts Like Heaven, or M.M.I.X/ETIAW. But of course releasing that whole thing as a single might drive people away as the first part of the song isn't necessarily "radio friendly", even for back then I'd assume, and usually you only listen to the first minute or so of a song to see if you actually like it or not. Unlike the two other Coldplay examples, where they should be an actual part of the song (okay, definitely Hurts Like Heaven, but maybe ETIAW should have just been a radio edit (LOL I actually said "head" instead of "edit" when just casually typing right there, I know off topic but weird nonetheless :P)

So yeah, that's my thought on that. Next one:

• Like 1

Yeah, U.F.O is a lot more "produced" I guess, Silent Lucidity feels more stripped down. So for me a mix between the two :D Even though Parachutes to me feel much lower and dense I suppose? While songs like U.F.O and the beginning of Silent Lucidity don't feel "low" or "dense" much at all. Just the production value I guess, at least for me.

oh, i just meant in terms of those beginning chords with that rhythm :P

Glad you liked it! Heard it on the radio, that's how I got to know this wonderful song :D

As for that other song, yeah that's right! More of that reaaaally old style pop sound. Probably why it doesn't bother me as much as today's pop sound (really doesn't bother me at all... it almost sounds like it takes elements from that old style sound and brings a new feeling into it... something like that, I don't know :D)

As for the actual rating of your song: 7.4/10. Very, very unique, and that part where the beat comes in a little earlier then you expect is a neat addition. Not predictable, which is nice. One thing I've noticed, the guitar in the background sounds really quiet while the beat feels much louder. I like that! How it actually sounds dynamic and not ultra hyper compressed into oblivion like some songs and you can't tell what's loud and quiet, it's just only loud...

It doesn't hit the "sweet spot" for me which is why the songs rating seems a little low for the praise I've been given it. It's not that I don't like these kinds of songs, I do, but there's just that "sweet spot" that needs to happen for it to be able to give me an 8 or something like that. Didn't feel like it deserved an 7.5 but did deserve a higher rating then the last song! Again these are all first impressions right, since I haven't heard the first song before, if I listened to it more of course I'd form a more solid opinion, and likely like it more.

Love the transition though. It's absolutely seamless! Like it should be one song, just like Mylo Xyloto and Hurts Like Heaven, or M.M.I.X/ETIAW. But of course releasing that whole thing as a single might drive people away as the first part of the song isn't necessarily "radio friendly", even for back then I'd assume, and usually you only listen to the first minute or so of a song to see if you actually like it or not. Unlike the two other Coldplay examples, where they should be an actual part of the song (okay, definitely Hurts Like Heaven, but maybe ETIAW should have just been a radio edit (LOL I actually said "head" instead of "edit" when just casually typing right there, I know off topic but weird nonetheless :P)

So yeah, that's my thought on that. Next one:

9.5/10 - A classic

• Like 1

Not the most interesting of songs of captivating of videos 4/10.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Coldplaying mobile app

2.5/10. Intro was interesting. Then it turned into a horrendus hip hop song, admittedly not similar to most hip hop nowdays but still so annoying and so awful... Video awful as well, nothing different than any other music video nowadays. All about showing everything off... yuck. Where did songs like "Glycerine" go...

Speaking of that song...