✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Does anybody here ever cringe at Chris Martin's speeches?

mburn

Obviously Im a huge Coldplay fan, but recently in interviews and little speeches at gigs and stuff, I find myself kind of cringing at the things he says. This could be because he says them on the spot so doesnt really plan the right words but I duno.

He can get away with it because of his status but for me its still 'er that was KINDA funny'

Yes Sir! At live 8 I cringed- Ive forgetten exactly what he said but it was the way he said it, and also at Glastonbury 'I cant remember what to say' and another time I cringed was when he kept on doing the crazy frog.

how can you cringe?

i would pay full price for a concert just to hear his hilarious adlibs. they are so random and witty... last night he was on about how everyone in bolton must hate him for being a southerner.

and it wouldn't be coldplay without his attempts to smash his head on the piano. i love that he rocks the stool back and forth now aswell, he never used to do that!

how can you cringe?

i would pay full price for a concert just to hear his hilarious adlibs. they are so random and witty... last night he was on about how everyone in bolton must hate him for being a southerner.

and it wouldn't be coldplay without his attempts to smash his head on the piano. i love that he rocks the stool back and forth now aswell, he never used to do that!

Well said!

Hmm I've never been to a Coldplay gig, but I have plenty of shows downnloaded and I think they're why I love coldplay so much. The way in which Chris adds those extra little bits and is just humorous. It probably doesn't appeal to everyone, but I am a fan of it.

I think Chris is great in the things he says.

I remember one of his jokes from some time ago:

"What do you call a blind dinosaur?"

"Do-you-think-he-saur-us"

Writing it down now still makes me laugh. I just love his remarks.

i think all hisspeeches and changes of lyrics are bloody great. at glasto in politik: give me weather that does no harm, micheal eavis worthy farm, give me mud upto my knees, the best festival in history!! utter brillaince!

Here we have one of the most genuine, spontaneous, involved, and down-to-earth artists in the business today, and still you're complaining. Some of you are hard to please...

Re: Does anybody here ever cringe at Chris Martin's speeches

Obviously Im a huge Coldplay fan, but recently in interviews and little speeches at gigs and stuff, I find myself kind of cringing at the things he says. This could be because he says them on the spot so doesnt really plan the right words but I duno.

He can get away with it because of his status but for me its still 'er that was KINDA funny'

he's only human, and he messes up by saying stupid things like anyone else. i think it's endearing! :smug:

This is off topic but Im not gonna create a new thread for it and I cant find a good topic for this but I was listening to U2 and heard the lyrics...

I believe in the kingdom come

Then all the colors will bleed into one

''I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For''

I hope not to hear more lyrics that have been copied by Chris :( Ah well, they admit plagiarism many times, so I can forgive em... But still a weird finding.

I don't care whether they copy lyrics or not! It's putting them into a great song that I care about! They said they nick lyrics on Friday night with Jonathan Ross. I love when Chris says them things too. And I think it's wierd, but funny, when he's doing the scales, and he tries to go to a really high note. I also remembered the time when he jumped off something, I can't remember what it was, but it was funny. I love Chris...........

going back to the old and original topid :rolleyes: ....

I absolutely love when Chris talks to the audience. I've even felt so connected watching concerts on tv due to the fact that he keeps checking with everyone in the audience to make sure they're ok... I'm sure if someone answered "no", he'd probably do something to fix that :lol: