✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is your current most hated song??

mc_squared

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard the new Backstreet Boys (I can't believe there IS a new Backstreet Boys record), but I too have to agree with "Hollaback Girl" and "BYOB." System of a Down have some great songs, but... that's not one of them. And I've never really liked much that Gwen Stefani did even going back to No Doubt (although the last No Doubt record when they were almost on the verge of being dance pop wasn't too bad), but "Hollaback Girl" is nails on a chalkboard for me. I don't need to hear her voice doubletracked when she's not even singing a melody.

Yes' date=' B.Y.O.B is a big step down for SOAD, but I wouldn't say it was my most hated song, that award goes to Mariah Carey's song whatever its called. Can't she just shut up..[/quote']

No - that's her problem!! :P

And yes - the Backward Boys one is awful too!! Insipid garbage. :angry:

In fact, pretty much the whole of Top of the Pops was garbage - that's probably why it's being demoted to BBC2!! :D

And I've never really liked much that Gwen Stefani did even going back to No Doubt (although the last No Doubt record when they were almost on the verge of being dance pop wasn't too bad),

You mean "Don't Speak"?? That was O.K. - better than that pseudo-dance crap she's trying to do now!!

Top five most annoying songs of the year so far:

1. Crazy frog

2. Hollaback

3. Amarillo

4. J-Lo's one where she was dancing with a stick.

5. Backdoor Boys

Plus a special mention has to go to all that commercial R&B crap that seems to be en vogue at the moment - you know, Nelly, Mario - that kind of thing..........

MC Squared, you REALLY like hating music. :stunned:

But I think everyone should give Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" a second chance, I thought it was absolutely terrible at first, I just completely ignored it. But the more you listen to it, the better it gets, now, its a fantastic song.

When you come to the realisation that shes actually TRYING to sing in that annoying tone of voice you begin to see the beauty of it. When you listen to it enough so that you know what form the song runs in, you really start appreciating it from then on in. It just gets more and more wicked.

And plus- its incredibly original.

System's "BYOB" is brutal, of course. One of those songs that make you look at a band and think 'Yeah, theyre surrounded by money and have gone insane, lucky bastards'.

MC Squared, you REALLY like hating music. :stunned:

But I think everyone should give Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" a second chance, I thought it was absolutely terrible at first, I just completely ignored it. But the more you listen to it, the better it gets, now, its a fantastic song.

When you come to the realisation that shes actually TRYING to sing in that annoying tone of voice you begin to see the beauty of it. When you listen to it enough so that you know what form the song runs in, you really start appreciating it from then on in. It just gets more and more wicked.

And plus- its incredibly original.

System's "BYOB" is brutal, of course. One of those songs that make you look at a band and think 'Yeah, theyre surrounded by money and have gone insane, lucky bastards'.

To be precise, I like hating commercial pop trash!! :P

And I've heard Hollaback several times now, and it definitely isn't improving on me - it just sounds like noise, or something you might hear at an American Football game (which is pretty much the same thing).

have we all but forgotten - don't phunk with my heart by the black eyed peas

that song makes me want to drive screwdrivers through my head - or jump off a cliff.

either way.

and i second/third/twentieth hollaback girl, that drives me i n s a n e. especially the bit when that nonsense "this shit is bananas, b a n a n a s" bit comes on, we KNOW how to spell bananas thank you very much, thanks for enlightening us all. :angry:

have we all but forgotten - don't phunk with my heart by the black eyed peas

that song makes me want to drive screwdrivers through my head - or jump off a cliff.

either way.

and i second/third/twentieth hollaback girl, that drives me i n s a n e. especially the bit when that nonsense "this shit is bananas, b a n a n a s" bit comes on, we KNOW how to spell bananas thank you very much, thanks for enlightening us all. :angry:

Is that the BEP's latest one?? Is so, yes - that's terrible too!!

And thanks for the "Hollaback" vote!!

Can't stand Gwen's "in your face" image, either - or those daft Japanese girls who follow her around everywhere.

Craaap! I think that BEP song is another really good song.

Hahaha. It's okay. There's still time to drive that song out of your head and chant satanic sheep awakening rituals about how you hate the song.

It can be done.

Trust me... it can.