✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

You'll Need 5 Guitars to Play 6 Coldplay Song

Centropolis

I've just printed most of Kapane's tabs' thread. Don't you guys realized that with all of the tunings they used, you'll need like 5 guitars tuned to different tuning to play 5 or 6 Coldplay songs?! Unless you can tune your guitar really fast between songs.

Just an observation.....

It doesn't take me long to tune them. I have good ears though.

Do they actually switch guitars during performances?

Yep they do, there're guys off-stage who keep handing them guitars :lol: ... Even within a song e.g. Jonny changes from an accoustic to an electric during The Scientist. And from song to song I've noticed the brands (and sound quality) of the guitars are different. Can't tell you what brands they are though... Not a guitar player :P

don't you saw how many guitars do they have? i think that on the documentary of live 2003 dvd you can see they have a lot of them. so i think may be they have each one of them with a different tune (tension..)...

sorry but i don't know the exact word in english :embarrased:

i hope you understand what i mean anyways :)

thats the word (el templar??)

because coldplay are so important now, Chris has one for each tuning because acoustics have a tendancy to go a bit out just after being tuned. but Jonny hardly tunes his around at all. his are still tuned properly in between songs though

That would be funky to have 5 guitars behind you during a live set. That would give me an excuse to buy more guitars. hahahaha. And yeah, acoustic guitars do have a tendency to get slightly out of tune after playing it. So it would be smart for the band to have more than one guitar. But it's definitely not hard to tune between songs. John Mayer used to do that before he got famous but now he has people to hand him guitars every time he plays a new song

• 2 weeks later...

well yeah they have already tuned guitars when they perform live but its not hard to tune a guitar , Nirvana used to detune 1/2 step down or a whole step down guitars then retune it to standart tunin in live shows , so if u have a good ear and u just have 1 guitar is not hard