🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Coldplay Quotes

Sam

These are all from "Ticking Clocks", the 2003 Steve Lamacq documentary on BBC Radio1.

Chris: We have an enormous musical udder and we have to milk it very hard.

Will: General inconsideration of humans pisses me off.

Chris: The bigger a ballon gets, it doesn't take a bigger pin to pop it.

Will: As we’re in traffic at the moment I’m not really nervous.

Guy: On days off we’ve found things that we like to do, I like to go buy old records and find pawn shops and buy vintage stuff.

Will: That’s P-A-W-N

Chris: This is a song about when you really mess things up with your girlfriend or boyfriend or whatever you have in Denver

Chris: There’s so much to hate about us now that if I was a writer I’d basically have an AK47 in one hand and a pen in the other and not be quite sure which one I wanted to use most

Chris: The best cure for coldness is singing a Coldplay song

Trouble, (They spun a web for me)

Chris: What a wonderful world (I see tress of green…)

I see the way its been rainin’, you’re enthusiasm’s not been changin’,

They treated us nice, and so we might do a encore twice,

As I think to myself, what a wonderful crowd.

Chris: Will it be very difficult to get our production in there? Where the hell’s the chef gonna go?!

That's one of the best Coldplay-related things ever, loooads of great quotes and interviews, had me in stitches. Will and Jonny introduced the show at one point and just the way Will says "Ticking Clocks" is hilarious, you must all listen to this at some point!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quotes from Q magazines, august 2002 (I've bought it a week ago... :D :D :D )

"He should learn to cook. He has two meals in his repertoire - Both highly dangerous..." Will, talking about Chris.

"He (Chris) 's not being drunk since. He brings quite spice enough to our lives without alcohol being involved.

Guy, talking about the moment when Chris kicked Will off the band...

"When his energy is up, he's brilliant. Creatively, he's great. But when the energy is down it makes things tough."

Guy, talking about Chris.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s sort of not doing any work for an exam and doing it all the night before [Guy]

I'm the best non-playing drummer in the world. No one doesn’t play like me. [Will]

And then we’re gonna do nine months of residency in Eurodisney. No, we’re not. We’re just going to play France. [Chris]

Chris: We don’t listen to our own music.

Interviewer: Why not?!

Chris: Well, because we know it’s bad!

I’m kind of, like, Ronald McDonald. I’m the face of the band, but I don’t really do the cooking. [Chris]

We [Coldplay e Sigur Rós] always seem to release albums at the same time and theirs are always better, but we’re are more good-looking, so we sell more records. [Chris]

We don’t mind being compared to anybody, even the Backstreet Boys. But no one ever compares us to them. [Chris]

You know, if you go on a safari, you may be bitten by a lion, but it doens’t mean you should stop going on safari... Or complain about the lion. You know, what form of safari it’d be without a lion? [Chris]

Comparing them [cds do Coldplay] is like comparing a fish with, you know, a pack of biscuits. You know, you can do it, but it might not be that... tangible. It doens’t make any sense... Time for commercial! [Chris]

Chris: We always touch the heads for some reason.

Jonny: If anyone of us got nits, it would be a nightmare...

Chris: We share nits and lice before we go on stage. Will doesn’t because he’s got shaved hair.

Jonny: But he gets beard one.

As soon as the song ‘Square One’ existed, it was always going to open the album because you can’t have a song called ‘Square One’ and put it in track seven. [Chris]

Festivals are a great chance to, sort of, meet everybody and see what everybody else is doing and steal all their ideas. [Jon]

I think hopefully we've got enough brain cells left to decide if our music is really worth something. [Will]

I think you have to have long hair to play a stadium, because if you flick your head in a stadium and you don't have long hair, the person at the back just thinks you're having some sort of attack.[Chris]

Coldplay is for people with great taste, intelligence, incredible good lookingness, talent, ability, success, grabbing of life. Coldplay's for people who know what life's about. They're always entertaining. Delightful to talk to. Sweet, charming, incredibly good in bed. Virile. They have incredible success with girls, or boys, or both. They're generally just the world's best citizens. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm definitely right. [Chris]

Normally, we don’t like to be arrogant, but we haven’t been to Denmark or Norway or anywhere for a while and yesterday, we got voted the best group in the world by everyone in Scandinavia... And it turned out we had over 27 votes, which is very many votes. And the only other nominee was The Backstreet Boys... So we were always gonna win! [Chris]

I’m kind of, like, Ronald McDonald. I’m the face of the band, but I don’t really do the cooking. [Chris]

You know, if you go on a safari, you may be bitten by a lion, but it doens’t mean you should stop going on safari... Or complain about the lion. You know, what form of safari it’d be without a lion? [Chris]

Comparing them [cds do Coldplay] is like comparing a fish with, you know, a pack of biscuits. You know, you can do it, but it might not be that... tangible. It doens’t make any sense... Time for commercial! [Chris]

:laugh3: Chris is so damn funny. He should write a book. :D I would SO read it.

Well, Alex Kapranos has written a cookbook... :D So why should there be no novel by Chris Martin?

Hahaha, that reminds me of that Radiohead/Chris story on atease...:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: Dead funny...

• 1 year later...