June 30, 200620 yr gah! batiks are fun to make..really complicated :wideeyed: We made some in art class and they took forever to make!
June 30, 200620 yr Ohhh, Brandon, awesome work with Angelina! The eyes are just perfect... I'd love to see more of your drawings! :nice: i have my album (not much in there right now) in my first post!
July 1, 200620 yr gah! batiks are fun to make..really complicated :wideeyed: We made some in art class and they took forever to make! Tams, that batik of your sisters is awesome! Yeah they are time consuming, but the end result can look really cool. Here's a batik that I made a lonnng time ago when I had the means to make one (back in school):
July 1, 200620 yr Tams, that batik of your sisters is awesome! Yeah batiks are time consuming, but the end result can look really cool. Here's a batik that I made a lonnng time ago when I had the means to make one (back in school): awe! that looks awesome :daisy:
July 2, 200620 yr i might've shown my chris drawing already...i can't remember...lol so i'll just show it again! and for this one i had to take the picture at an awkward angle so i didn't get a glare off of the glass...and it's not the best picture... both of those were done in chalk pastels...i like working in chalk pastels :)
July 2, 200620 yr Wow, the Jonny Depp pic is incredible! :stunned: :thumbsup: Can someone explain to me what these 'batik' things are all about? How do you make them? They look amazing :)
July 3, 200620 yr Tams, that batik of your sisters is awesome! Yeah they are time consuming, but the end result can look really cool. Here's a batik that I made a lonnng time ago when I had the means to make one (back in school): Wow, amazing! I absolutely love this pic! :thumbsup: Ivanneth - all three pics are really nice. Especially the first one because it looks so real. :) And Johnny... he looks like in the movie! And what exactly is on the last drawing? It looks like a flower to me...
July 3, 200620 yr Thanks for the compliments, guys. :) Steph, batiks are fabric dyed art. You use some sort of dye resistant substance to block out certain areas of your project at a time, and go through several dye dippings in different color layers to get the desired result. Well, that's how I remember doing it anyway.....it was a long time ago. :P Ivanneth, I love your Johnny Depp and flower paintings. Amazing. The flower reminds me of Georgia o'Keefe's art. (favorites of mine!)
July 5, 200620 yr Ivanneth' date=' I love your Johnny Depp and flower paintings. Amazing. The flower reminds me of Georgia o'Keefe's art. (favorites of mine!) Thanks :) and actually...the flower was the result of a project that i was doing for my art class where we had to imitate O'Keefe's paintings and styles and such... so that was a right-on guess :D
July 8, 200620 yr hehe, more talent! :D everyone's stuff rocks. :nice: i haven't made anything lately--haven't been inspired... at all... lol
July 12, 200620 yr yellowish - cool photos. nice perspective and colours. especially the first one, which is the best imo. :) i find the second one very similar to one of my photos.... here it is:
July 15, 200620 yr I got a new mobile phone yesterday (Sony Ericsson Walkman W800i), and apparently the camera quality is great. So I took a load of pics in my garden, using the Macro setting, and when I uploaded them onto my comp I was pretty impressed! :stunned:
July 15, 200620 yr Gee, cell phones are getting so fancy these days. Though I do think that mobiles in Europe are far more hi-tech than what we have available America. I've never seen a phone take such good pics. Way to go Steph! What a pretty garden you must have. :nice:
July 15, 200620 yr Thanks Nadia! :nice: It is pretty impressive, I was really shocked! Wasn't even an expensive phone! Funny, I always thought it to be the other way, that the US was way ahead of Europe in terms of mobile phone technology.
July 15, 200620 yr Ella, i love the first pic of the little river :blush: Steph, those pics are great! The camera must be really good quality! Mine cell phone's camera sucks :(
July 15, 200620 yr It's 2megapixels. It's a little bit grainy sometimes, but can't complain too much, it's still great. I love that little river pic too, it's beautiful. Looks really quiet and peaceful :nice:
July 16, 200620 yr Steph, I love the pictures. Which mobile phone is it if I may ask? I never imagined that they can make pictures of that quality... amazing! :) Here's another photo from me.... the stairs from the ship. big, labyrinth-like, and beautiful. :) and this is obviously a sunset. taken when i was on the boat. but on another boat, not on that one with those stairs. This one was big too, but not as beautiful, i guess.
Create an account or sign in to comment