✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Show us your art!

SeeCup41

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, suppose I'll post a few of the pictures for those of you who don't visit the account.

It's funny looking back to these, I didn't take photography totally seriously back then (whereas now I take a shot to get an actual SHOT, as opposed to just randomly clicking whenever I feel like it).

But this was the first serious concert picture I ever took :nice:

u2b22dw1.jpg

I was surprised when it came out, with the peace sign, because I took it on a whim and didn't expect it to have the "bookends" of Edge and Bono in it. I'm still proud of it.

u2b16rw1.jpg

But if I were to look back, and compare, say, this picture:

u2b20hu6.jpg

To this picture:

dpttheshot3mg6.jpg

I see how much I've improved in a years time. And I hope that I can only get better, and hopefully gain some attention as a freelance concert photographer. It definately makes me proud to see professional photographers adding my FLICKR account as a contact :nice:

I don't know why I'm rambling about this, but I'm editing a lot of pictures today and really thinking about doing this seriously in the future. So.... Figured I'd ramble here? haha ;) Now, I shall go back to e-stalking Andrew Kendall through his FLICKR and myspace accounts... :uhoh:

OMG!!!! You gotta tell me! how did you get that close to U2!!!

I had a General Admission floor ticket, and was in line at 5am... ;) haha oh man. That was, and still pretty much remains, the greatest day of my life. It's a looong story, but wow. GA is the way to go for a U2 show! (whoa, that rhymed..... :laugh4: )

Whoo, good luck! :D Yeah, definately get there way early. I'm not sure what it's like in Australia, the fanbase, but I saw them here in Boston where they're (quite obviously) huge, and I was 38th in line at 5am. A lot had slept overnight from the show the day before. People are nuts! ( :uhoh: even though I plan on doing that the next time they come around, errrr)

The Edge one came out great, can't top that! He and Bono "fought" (kind of like the bullfighting thing they did during the Elevation tour) right in front of me! What a moment..

I only asked coz Ive got GA tickets as well for this Nov.....and was wondering how long you must have lined up for...now it makes total sense how you go that spot!! Your photos have improved' date=' but that one of Edge to me is gold!!![/quote']

that's different in every country I guess

here people waited since 21:00 of the day before :O

Those are BRILLIANT!!! :stunned:

Everyone's work is great, Coldplay fans are the most talented I've ever seen! (No, honestly, this art thread blows away all other ones I've seen on other boards!)

And thanks for the support Steph :nice: It truly does mean a lot to know that there are people rooting for me, even in a small way. I've never felt as much pride as I do when I get a great shot. I don't know why, nothing else compares for me. Some people have sports, some have grades. I have photography. It's truly all I feel a passion towards in my life (well, there ARE other things, like writing, etc etc, but....)

So yeah. Thank you haha /done rambling?

Oh yes, I've got this thread abandoned and I regret it :embarassed:

But all the photos posted lately are awesome! Really interesting stuff.

And I totally get the whole pride thing you're on about. But on the other hand, how bad is it when you've got this whole photo pictured in your head and get totally disappointed when not getting it? Keep trying I'd say :rolleyes: *encourages herself*

It truly does mean a lot to know that there are people rooting for me' date=' even in a small way[/quote']

But you deserve it cause your pics are always beautiful, you're able to take the best from a moment :)

I have some more pics from Paris...that city really inspired me :nice:

Parigi-Agosto2005031_mod.jpg

Parigi-Agosto2005044.jpg

^ this was taken uspide down :lol:

Parigi-Agosto2005049_mod.jpg

Everyone here is so talented, I hope some of it rubs off on me :lol: I love photography. You guys encurage me to try harder and practice more at taking pictures:nice: one day they wont look crappy.

Danielle, I love your U2 pics!! and Denise your Paris pictures are beautiful, they bring back good memories for me:nice: