✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay Album Next Year?

sa_spurs_tx

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X&Y has seemed to be a disappointment. Another album would' date=' if done right, help EMI quite a bit. So the record label is going to promote it. Together with X&Y, the combined sales mey just outsel AROBTTH after all. And anyway, albums done in a short period of time always turn out to be better that the much-anticipated ones.[/quote']

I don't think that X&Y has been a disapointment to EMI ... its sold quite a bit, and will continue to sell as the next three singles are released, and the tour continues.

If anything the album has been a disapointment to some fans who had expectations that weren't met (such as the guy who wrote in this thread above Reilly i think? - he seems very bitter lol poor guy ...) anyways, i personally had very few expectations and like that they are constantly evolving and bringing new sounds forward.

Either way they're going to be criticized. They were criticized for Speed of Sound because critics and fans felt it was very similar to Clocks, and therefore lacked originality. How can they continue sounding like they did on AROBTTH but remain original??

anyways, i think it would be great to hear more new material from the band! can't wait!

Guest LiquidSky

(such as the guy who wrote in this thread above Reilly i think? - he seems very bitter lol poor guy ...)

He's not even a fan!!! :lol:

They were criticized for Speed of Sound because critics and fans felt it was very similar to Clocks, and therefore lacked originality

I have to say that when Speed of Sound came out.. I did not liked that song..but after listening to the whole album.. that's the song I would have brought out as a first single too... :/ They have a good reason to release "Fix You" as the second album (The second single is always a ballad one..always) so hopefully the third single will be like "Low", "Talk" or "White Shadows" but I think it'll be "Low" though.. you don't really want to ruin the other two songs by getting it so overplayed... :dozey: but those are the ones that would probably get them more attention..

I hope it will be sound and obscurely beautiful' date=' like in the old days.... :nice:[/quote']

yeah!!!me too...We've expected the X&Y for 3 years and now they're going to record some new songs next year?unfortunately, it don't think it's going to happen... :/

In my opinion' date=' that would be far too soon for new album. The quality would inevitably suffer.................................[/quote']

So with you on that.

Do you guys really want a new album as quick as possible and then maybe be disappointed, because they didn't really take their time?

I strongly start to doubt that's gonna happen anyway...in that MTV interview Chris mentioned that they needed that time when they come off tour, and start living a real life again. And that they needed to be influenced by "real life stuff" again, to write good songs.

Remember?

So building a tour around their recording schedule doesn't quite agree with that, IMHO.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, though ;)

Don't get me wrong, I can't get enough of them and would love to hear some new material and have them coming on tour as soon as possible again, but not at any price...