✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

James Blunt ~ Official Thread

corgi1998

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear...

perhaps my taste in music is a little awire ... i mean i have been getting into goth metal lately...hmmm :/

but i really like james blunt's work, his voice is so distinctive and fragile, Beautiful really touched me not just because the words but the composition of the song and the melancholy vibe.

plus i really like how its not decorated with extras it's just a guy and his guitar (albeit sometimes with a keyboard guy) it reminds me of the old troubadours who used to travel with just their guitars singing to people wherever the went.

If you're interested in hearing a "guy with a guitar" I suggest you try David Gray instead. He's far superior to the Blunt man!! :)

oh dear...

perhaps my taste in music is a little awire ... i mean i have been getting into goth metal lately...hmmm :/

but i really like james blunt's work, his voice is so distinctive and fragile, Beautiful really touched me not just because the words but the composition of the song and the melancholy vibe.

plus i really like how its not decorated with extras it's just a guy and his guitar (albeit sometimes with a keyboard guy) it reminds me of the old troubadours who used to travel with just their guitars singing to people wherever the went.

If you're interested in hearing a "guy with a guitar" I suggest you try David Gray instead. He's far superior to the Blunt man!! :)

Totally agree with you. David Gray is absolutly fantastic, going to see him twice this year. :D He is so much better than James Blunt and he is the original singer/song writer (apart from Bob Dylan). His newa album is out on Monday. :) ;)

yeah i like David Gray's stuff its a shame he is not playing Babylon no more but i suppose you can sing a song one too many times.

just want to keep the discussion going

what exactly is the pivotal reason or thing that made James Blunt a no no for you guys :huh:

i heard some of his stuff on AOL so i haven't heard the full album, i was planning

on buying it but now ... i don't know.... :/

yeah i like David Gray's stuff its a shame he is not playing Babylon no more but i suppose you can sing a song one too many times.

just want to keep the discussion going

what exactly is the pivotal reason or thing that made James Blunt a no no for you guys :huh:

i heard some of his stuff on AOL so i haven't heard the full album, i was planning

on buying it but now ... i don't know.... :/

David Gray is performing Babylon occasionally, but not ay every single concert like he has done in the past. I believe he has performed it a couple of times this year. In answer to your question on Blunt, I really don't like his voice, it really irritates me. Also the first time I heard "You're Beautiful", I found it really cheesy and nearly predicted every single line.

^ of course, i agree to a point...Silvio Rodriguez is his equal if not better. Silvio is more poetic Dylan is a story teller both though are political and both have not -what one would call 'singing' voices.

Most people would not have head of Silvio though cause he sings in spanish and at one point the Cuban Embargo did not let music from cuba get through- now there's a loop hole though.

Victor Jara was another one that equals and more so than the two i've mentioned above because he died for his music, during the Pinochet coup in Chile. He was one of the many rounded up put in concentration camp then killed off- symbolicaly his hands were cut off because he played the guitar. :cry:

I kinda like james blunt or at least the album (don't know much about him). I was somehow impressed when I listened to it for the first time, but I don't have to listen to it every day. I'm not getting too much into it, but I think it's good, though. *shrug*

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
oh dear...

yes

or Damien Rice, both far superior

• 1 month later...

i agree with whoever said it may be a one hit wonder album ... it really wouldn't surprise me if his next album flopped but i think ...

this album is really good :) ... i haven't properly got into it but i know that if i actually listen to it all i will ... High, You're Beautiful, Cry & No Bravery are the stand out tracks for me :D