✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

James Blunt ~ Official Thread

corgi1998

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone have such strong negative feelings toward him? I'm just wondering...

I've only heard that song "You're Beautiful" and granted, it is kind of unoriginal and repetitive, but it doesn't inspire hate I don't think. :lol: He seems like a decent guy. :D

Heard the song and at first hated it.

But then it got me all emotional, so I really like it now.

He was on Saturday Night Live last night. And he had the most INTENSE eyes. He would not look away from the camera. I was impressed.

and whoever it was that mentioned Damien Rice......yes he is an excellent artist. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L music. totally wrenches my heart, but I can't ever stop listening to O.

i like james blunt and i agree with u Marisa, hes got crazy intense eyes.

he was at a borders on friday night in NYC. (since he was around for SNL) and he gave a free performance and i got him to sign my CD! i took a bunch of burry pics and some videos too :D

So far, I have only heard You're Beautiful and Goodbye my Lover after his performance yesterday night on SNL. I have heard snipets of You're Beautiful from Vh1 and such, but... WOW..WoW..WOW!! He is amazing and his voice is so beautiful. I will definitely be buying his CD. I heard the 30 second clips of the rest of his album on Itunes.. JAMES BLUNT!!! :)

yeah i like David Gray's stuff its a shame he is not playing Babylon no more but i suppose you can sing a song one too many times.

just want to keep the discussion going

what exactly is the pivotal reason or thing that made James Blunt a no no for you guys :huh:

i heard some of his stuff on AOL so i haven't heard the full album, i was planning

on buying it but now ... i don't know.... :/

Wow.. I really love discussing music online with intelligent people. LOL.. People that I associate with listen to all songs I find CRAP.

David Gray is excellent.. "Please Forgive Me" is a great song.. I can't stop listening to it.

i like james blunt and i agree with u Marisa, hes got crazy intense eyes.

he was at a borders on friday night in NYC. (since he was around for SNL) and he gave a free performance and i got him to sign my CD! i took a bunch of burry pics and some videos too :D

That is so cool!

was he hotter in real life?:lol:

Lucky you in NYC, where all the stars mingle.

Well' date=' i know that for a lot of people he's just making fine music, but nothing special.[/quote']

I do agree with you there...even though I really like his album!

For being his first album, I would think that it wouldn't be extremely extraordinary...like one or two songs are exceptional - but, the way I see it, it's like every band in a way when they put out their first CD. It could be really great and a lot of people can like it, then they can just progressively get better (and I think that James Blunt will get a whole lot better). Or some people don't really take much liking to it...

But in the case of James Blunt...(dare I say? lol) "we can expect great things" from him soon...

Like, he has talent! But I think he just needs to push a little more further with his it...

Again...that's just what I think...

However, it was the third single "You're Beautiful" that became James' breakout hit. The song debuted at #12 in the UK, and demonstrated a rare trend of upward mobility on the UK charts, rising all the way to the #1 position, six weeks after its debut. The song also received massive airplay in the UK which was able to propel Back To Bedlam to #1 on the albums chart, with the special feat of unseating the record-breaking album X & Y by Coldplay from the pole position.

interesting. he must be good, if he took out Coldplay.

Seems like quite a feat.

Back To Bedlam is one of my favorite albums of the year. I bought it over the summer when I was in Italy on vacation. It's only just now blowing up in the US- I'm so happy to see him having success here. I think he's going to the biggest breakout artist in the States in 2006... the same way he was in the UK in 2005. :D

I did like You're Beautiful when i first heard it. Then for me it was ruined cos it kept getting played absolutely everywhere. Anyway, my sister has his album and she lent it to me and i have to say that by about track 4 i was bored. Anyway, i decided to listen to the rest of it anyway to see if it got any better - it didn't. One of the most disappointing albums i've heard all year i'm afraid :(

i really like james blunt and i'm not annoyed by 'you're beautiful' yet.

i think that 'back to bedlam' is an awesome record. his lyrics are great and it's fun to listen to his voice (kinda reminds me of adam levine [maroon 5])

and james is quite a cute bloke, isn't he?!

However' date=' it was the third single "You're Beautiful" that became James' breakout hit. The song debuted at #12 in the UK, and demonstrated a rare trend of upward mobility on the UK charts, rising all the way to the #1 position, six weeks after its debut. The song also received massive airplay in the UK which was able to propel Back To Bedlam to #1 on the albums chart, with the special feat of unseating the record-breaking album X & Y by Coldplay from the pole position.[/i']

interesting. he must be good, if he took out Coldplay.

Seems like quite a feat.

This is in the country where the Crazy Frog beats Coldplay to number 1, so I wouldn't get too excited....

i really like james blunt and i'm not annoyed by 'you're beautiful' yet.

i think that 'back to bedlam' is an awesome record. his lyrics are great and it's fun to listen to his voice (kinda reminds me of adam levine [maroon 5])

and james is quite a cute bloke, isn't he?!

yeah.. he is... hi has gorgeus eyes...

I'm also nos annoyed by you're beautiful yet, but they play it always everywhere, so I understand why people is so tired of listening to it...[/b]