✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Misheard lyrics....

atarisboy86

Mmm... i speak spanish so...

My t.v. has subtitles, and everytime i see violet hill's video, the subtitles say "Fox" instead of "Fog"...

also, the subtitles say "bury me in armor" instead of "bury me in honor"

also, they say "my nerves are poles" instead of "my love's a poem"

what are the correct lyrics?????? :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bumped from page 42 :P

In Yes, hte first time I listened to it when Chris sings "Sin, stay gone" I thought he said "sixty-nine". :sneaky:

I thougth it was : Since they've gone :P

And also in Fix You I always hear : Tears streams down your yellow face

I just can't hear your!

Dunno whether its been mentioned in this thread before, but anyway. Can anyone help me figure out what the lyrics are on the Unreleased version of Talk? After the second Chorus, Where Chris Sings "im up in the________, I'm trying to send a song, in a language i dont Speak"

I checked a few lyrics websites, and they are all either different, or unknown. Sounds like " Part of the Flow" or "Parlophone" maybe? bit of Label advertising?? maybe thats why they dropped that version? :o:stunned::o

In Chinese Sleep Chant, where Chris says "Slep satisfies"

I thought he said "Sleep, the summer's gone."

:laugh4:

well, i havent seen any confirmed lyrics..but im pretty sure youre wrong...lol

My t.v. has subtitles, and everytime i see violet hill's video, the subtitles say "Fox" instead of "Fog"...

the TV is right...the TV is ALWAYS right!!! lol

It is Fox, in an interview, Chris said he finished off Violet Hill, ( becuase "Was a long and Dark December") where the first lyrics Chris ever wrote within Coldplay. He said he got inspiration off Watching Fox news, or something along the line. I'd send i link, but i have no idea what the interview was for.

It is Fox, in an interview, Chris said he finished off Violet Hill, ( becuase "Was a long and Dark December") where the first lyrics Chris ever wrote within Coldplay. He said he got inspiration off Watching Fox news, or something along the line. I'd send i link, but i have no idea what the interview was for.

It was in the Rolling Stone interview...this is what was said:

Interviewer: "On the first single, 'Violet Hill,' you sing about a fox becoming a god and a 'carnival of idiots on show.' Was this song inspired by Fox news?"

Chris: "No one's got that before, no one in the band, no one. The fist line in that song is the first line of any song we ever wrote. Years ago, when Guy [berryman, Bassist] heard the first line and that first little melody - 'It was a long and dark December' - he said, 'OK, I'll join the band.' But we just didn't have the other 49 lines until last year. And then one day I was watching Bill O'Reilly, and I was like, 'I know how to finish that song.'"

Well the correct lyrics are "And the fox becam God"...but when i looked up the lyrics on yahoo it said "Fog"

it is also "Bury me in armour" and "My nerves are poles that unfroze"

If your wondering how I know...I got it off the tour program

In Trouble I always used to hear it as "a spot of which (or where).... that I'm caught in the middle". :lol: I never heard it as "A spiders web..."

There are a lot of more mishearing by me, I think. :confused:

I also used to hear yellow as "yeah scared, oh yeah I'm skinnin' force" or "yeah scared, oh yeah I'm scared for" or something like that, whatever the heck that means, instead of "your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones"! :lol: :embarassed: I thought it might was some english, that I hadn't learned. :thinking: :P

This thread makes me laugh

esp. the flying butts. You people are awesome :dunce:

Just my words! This is hilarious. :laugh3: I laugh so much that I cry! :laugh3: :lol: