✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

TALK NEW SINGLE OUT DEC 19TH WITH 2 BRAND NEW TRACKS!!

talk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December 13!!!!! not December 19th

You can pre order the talk single on amazon.com and it says that it will be released on DECEMBER 13 not december 19 woo woo!!!!!! 6 days sooner!!!!!!!!! right in time for my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coldplay rock and i get to see them febuary first!!!!!! only like two and a half more months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TALK B-Sides

I hope we get the official word on the 'TALK' B-Sides soon. All these rumours are making me anxious....

I've heard everything from....

Coldplay release their stunning new single "Talk" on the 16th of January, 2006."Talk" is taken from the multi million selling album "X&Y" which has already spawned hit "Speed Of Sound" and "Fix You".Talk is backed up by brand new song "When I Get Back On My Feet Again" and includes bonus track "Talk Remix" """""

To

Coldplay are to release a live version of Gravity as a b-side on their single Talk which is due out on December 19th, 2005. Gravity, which was originally penned by Chris Martin, was a big hit for Embrace in 2004 and launched a major comeback for the Yorkshire band.

Talk is the third single to be taken from X&Y, the year’s second biggest selling album in the UK.

To

Coldplay are releasing 2 brand new tracks recorded for the 'TALK' previewing a taste of what the 4th album will sound like?.....

The rumours add up to-

TALK

GRAVITY (live)

WHEN I GET BACK ON MY FEET AGAIN (Solid Ground)

TALK (remix)

UNKNOWN BRAND NEW SONG

UNKNOWN BRAND NEW SONG

....anywhere between Dec. 19th, 2005 - Jan. 16th, 2006!

....hmmm, that's an awful lot to release and that still leaves us with the as yet unreleased unheard studio versions of

LADDER TO THE SUN

GRAVITY

MOSES

POUR ME

SWEET MARIANNE

and the Rumoured early X & Y tracks

DESERTER

THE ALCHEMIST

EYES FOR EYES

Wow, that's alot of material! Will we ever hear it all? Will there be 2 CD singles instead of one?!? A DVD single???? Have fun debating as the official word should be in any day....

Deserter

Yes, 'DESERTER' is an old RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD track along with THIS HOLLOW FRAME, HARMLESS, and A GHOST....

....COldplay are infamous for going back to old songs and morphing them (*sometimes a little bit sometimes alot) into newer songs....

'IN MY PLACE' was an old leftover track from PARACHUTES but included on 'RUSH OF BLOOD'....

'WORLD TURNED UPSIDE DOWN' was completely different by the time COLDPLAY finished with it....

but I am actually referring to an older thread on this board referring to the songs Mr. Martin had on a list from the LIVE 2003 DVD that inlcuded -

DESERTER

THE ALCHEMIST

EYES FOR EYES

Re: Deserter

Yes, 'DESERTER' is an old RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD track along with THIS HOLLOW FRAME, HARMLESS, and A GHOST....

....COldplay are infamous for going back to old songs and morphing them (*sometimes a little bit sometimes alot) into newer songs....

'IN MY PLACE' was an old leftover track from PARACHUTES but included on 'RUSH OF BLOOD'....

'WORLD TURNED UPSIDE DOWN' was completely different by the time COLDPLAY finished with it....

but I am actually referring to an older thread on this board referring to the songs Mr. Martin had on a list from the LIVE 2003 DVD that inlcuded -

DESERTER

THE ALCHEMIST

EYES FOR EYES

So do these songs actually exist? Can you get them anywhere? I've never heard of deserter, alchemist, eyes for eyes, or this hollow frame.

Rumoured tracks

The songs I had previously mentioned have all been 'Rumoured' songs leftover from the last few album sessions (ie. 'Rush of Blood' & 'X & Y'....)

There has been a few mention of these songs and that list on this very board. I am fairly sure of their existence at one point or another. Most likely they were morphed into new songs during the process or just plain abandoned.

Remember last year (2004) when COLDPLAY (after a huge recording session) ditched more than an album worth of material! The songs were most likely in that batch,...the list I got is from the list that Mr. Martin had in the 2003 live DVD.

DESERTER

THE ALCHEMIST

EYES FOR EYES

If they do exist I am fairly certain they are from those sessions....

along with the 'Studio' versions of 'LADDER TO THE SUN' , 'MOSES' ,

and the original 'WORLD TURNS UPSIDE DOWN'....

I have always been very curious as to what exactly got recorded!

Apparently there is another version of 'ONLY SUPERSTITION' as well. It was recorded during the PARACHUTES sessions (along with the 2nd version of BROTHERS & SISTERS),....slightly mutated and given a different name?

BROTHERS & SISTERS (versions 2) was released as a B-Side to TROUBLE. The new "ONLY SUPERSTITION is unreleased....still as of yet....unheard.

Hopefully some day in the furture we will hear most of these Truly Rare Gems!

OK, so here's what they post on the website for the new single (and I think these singles will be with the WHITE artwork):

'Talk' single track listings:

CD

1. Talk

2. Sleeping Sun

DVD

1. Talk

2. Gravity

3. Speed of Sound (video) directed by Mark Romanek

4. Talk (video) directed by Anton Corbijn

5. Behind the scenes footage from ‘Talk’ video shoot

7"

A. Talk

B. Gravity

But then there are other releases that don't get mentioned:

The Dutch 3 CD set:

CD 1 (Orange Digi pack that holds all 3 CDs)

1. Talk (Radio Edit)

2. Swallowed In The Sea (Live @ Gelredome, 2005))

3. God Put A Smile Upon My Face (Live @ Gelredome, 2005)

CD 2 (White paper sleave)

1. Talk (Album Version)

2. Square One (Live @ Gelredome, 2005)

3. Clocks (Live @ Gelredome, 2005)

CD 3 (Blue paper sleave)

1. Talk (Live @ Gelredome, 2005)

2. Til Kingdom Come (Live @ Gelredome, 2005)

3. Fix You (Live @ Gelredome, 2005)

This Dutch release is just like the limited dutch release of Clocks, but without any cool unreleased tracks :cry:

It's a pretty rotten game these record companies play. Essentially it's a game of "how can we fuck the fans?" Everyone knows that true fans are the only ones who are going to go out of their way to get these songs, but at the same time no effort is made to make these songs readily available to true fans, let alone casual fans.

And then record companies wonder why people steal music. If it was bloody well available at a reasonable price, nobody'd steal it. Stupid, greedy bastards.

I think Ian McKay of Fugazi/Minor Threat said it best when he said, "everyone is asking the wrong question. Everyone is asking: 'Can the major record companies be saved?' but the real question should be: 'do they deserve to be saved.'"

Re: Rumoured tracks

Remember last year (2004) when COLDPLAY (after a huge recording session) ditched more than an album worth of material! The songs were most likely in that batch,...the list I got is from the list that Mr. Martin had in the 2003 live DVD.

DESERTER

THE ALCHEMIST

EYES FOR EYES

If they do exist I am fairly certain they are from those sessions....

along with the 'Studio' versions of 'LADDER TO THE SUN' , 'MOSES' ,

and the original 'WORLD TURNS UPSIDE DOWN'....

I have always been very curious as to what exactly got recorded!

Apparently there is another version of 'ONLY SUPERSTITION' as well. It was recorded during the PARACHUTES sessions (along with the 2nd version of BROTHERS & SISTERS),....slightly mutated and given a different name?

BROTHERS & SISTERS (versions 2) was released as a B-Side to TROUBLE. The new "ONLY SUPERSTITION is unreleased....still as of yet....unheard.

Hopefully some day in the furture we will hear most of these Truly Rare Gems!

where on the dvd you saw this list?

Unreleased Coldplay

Check out the link here

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23324

....which discusses the aforementioned track as well as a link to the video footage....

I ran away

Deserter

Warning Sign

Eyes for eyes

Amsterdam

Ahcmlees (alchemist)

Green Eyes

http://www.mycoldplay.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=68&pos=0