• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOSING DAD CHANGED MY LIFE, SAYS GWYNETH PALTROW

Tuesday September 25,2012

By Elisa Roche

348081_1.jpg#Gwyneth-Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow arriving for the charity event

HOLLYWOOD star Gwyneth Paltrow has told for the first time how her father’s death from cancer has transformed her life.

The 39-year-old actress made the revelation as she launched the Stand Up To Cancer charity fund-raising campaign yesterday.

Paltrow said that the loss of her writer-director father Bruce Paltrow at 58 had caused her to change her lifestyle.

She said: “I completely changed my diet, and I got very serious about exercising and about exposure to toxins.

“This is my one life, and I need to invest in myself and my family and make sure that we can do what we can to stay

healthy.”

The Oscar winner added:

“Cancer claims the lives of eight million men, women and children worldwide every year.”

Dressed demurely in a grey suit with matching shawl, she added:

“I lost my father in 2002 and I am all too aware of the impact this disease has on a family.

“Stand Up To Cancer is a grass-roots movement to raise funds for cancer research.

We have the power to make cancer powerless and perhaps even end it but it takes research and that requires

funding.

“Cancer has taken some of the best among us and it is time for us all to stand up and fight back. I am so proud to be standing up to cancer for my dad.”

Stand Up To Cancer, which is already a successful charity project in America, will raise money for Cancer Research

UK and other research projects.

The campaign will culminate in a live television fund-raising event on Friday, October 19 on Channel 4. The evening will see a host of stars come together.

Kylie Minogue, who suffered from breast cancer, is also to be involved, Channel 4 said.

Comedian Alan Carr, who is hosting the event, added:

“Pretty much everyone will be affected by this disease in their lifetime and that’s the very simple reason why I

wanted to be involved in this campaign.

“Like so many people I have seen how destructive the ‘Big C’ is. I’ve already lost two people this year to cancer and my friend was diagnosed with throat cancer and next week is having a voice box removed and won’t speak again.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/348081/Losing-Dad-changed-my-life-says-Gwyneth-Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow uses elastic bands to keep fit

Gwyneth Paltrow uses ''elastic stretch bands'' and a ''wooden workout stick'' to stay in top shape, her personal trainer Tracy Anderson has revealed.

Gwyneth Paltrow uses elastic bands to keep fit.

The 39-year-old actress is a client of fitness guru Tracy Anderson and the exercise expert has lifted the lid on the workout regime that keeps Gwyneth slim.

Tracy says the 'Iron Man 2' star follows her 'Method' regime six times per week, which involves the use of elastic stretch bands, a wooden workout stick, dumbbells and ankle weights to shift the pounds.

Tracy insists the reason why Gwyneth - who has an eight-year-old daughter, Apple and six-year-old son Moses with her rocker husband Chris Martin - looks so great is because she is very ''disciplined'' and is prepared to put in the hours and hard work to look good.

She told the New York Post newspaper: ''Gwyneth is uncoordinated during workouts, but she's disciplined.''

Tracy has a huge list of celebrity clients she has worked with to get fit including Victoria Beckham, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez and Nicole Richie.

She recently worked with pop star Cheryl Cole so she would look her best when she released her third album 'A Million Lights' in June.

Speaking about her work with former 'X Factor' judge Cheryl, Tracy said: ''She's petite like me and has a killer body but the trouble with being tiny is weight shows up very easily. Since then, she's been training for 60-90 minutes four to six times a week. She's just like Gwyneth - she works very hard and is a total doll to work with - she's incredibly down to earth.''

link

off thread

in case I dreamed that I was in a car that I could not open door in the middle of the residence, Gwynnie & Chris.

But there was nobody around the house

the paps around the house and saw me and insulted me,

and when I see a Chris want be husband of a female big Yeti ugly to be a real scoop.

I wonder why the paps always insult people big unknown ?

describes how is one nightmare. Fortunately is not real.

Cheryl Cole doll barbie girl aloud

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/whats-on-newcastle-north-east/celebrity-showbiz-news/2003/10/21/tweedy-s-drunken-violence-79310-13537358/

Tracy Anderson, Gwyneth Paltrow, not insult people and kicks . so I do not know why they are in the same newpaper for comparison to Cheryl Cole .

still glorify this girl she'd better find more suitable job, a waitress has his personality .

and put a real waitress in her place as a celebrity. (the poor they always hide their ass)

should not be on the fiction thread Chris fangirls. but in this thread real here. I have adjusted your spelling "Qweyneth" on Gwyneth wabbi

Umm I'll just take her word for it? That spelling though...

Amy Hadley ‏@hadderzzz

100% assure you that is Chris Martin & Gwyneth Paltrow @ Mumford #itunesfestival http://instagr.am/p/P-fmSjHe3m/

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBhMaHR0cDovL2Rpc3RpbGxlcnlpbWFnZTIuaW5zdGFncmFtLmNvbS81NTdhZTg5YTA2OWYxMWUyYmZiZjIyMDAwYTFjOTFhN183LmpwZxQCFgASAA&s=vS2nVVFqfaLGVxz3QIF-qsoBgF2J_Veu2B2bygAA2AU

Amy Hadley ‏@hadderzzz

Mumford were amazing but when Chris Martin is stood a metre behind you on a balcony you can't help being starstruck

I also think she looks better now than she has prior. I've seen some interviews around the time of her Oscar win, and she could come off very prissy and bored---like all her critics brand her. Sometimes it has to do with who is interviewing her, she seems to get into it depending on who is doing the interview, like with Chelsea Handler she just lets loose.

Overall, she seems really chill and happy now. Chris must be working wonders for her!

scaled.php?server=515&filename=dsc02650gc.jpg&res=landing

I got this gift for my birthday, by a girl who is not interested really have a sincere friendship with me (woman modern). but only by compassion, (I hope she will one day find the man of her life. she told me one day) she knows loved by anyone in my real life, I have no bf or husband or family. anyone is interested in me. in my world I do not like my fair value.

I can not put this nice gift because I will not put value in the eyes of my real world. then I'm in love with a man that I can not have. I am so sad.

So if one day I have the opportunity to meet Gwynnie put much better value, and her daughter Apple.

she is loved by all and she knows how to love people. and I offered it would value to the true meaning of love. ;)

Today I see my bestfriend, who is an admirer of Gwynnie we will celebrate his birthday in the resto.

Happy Birthday Gwynnie all the best !

Gwyneth Paltrow Turns 40: Check Out The Actress Pre-Fame (PHOTO)

The Huffington Post | By Kiki Von Glinow

Posted: 09/27/2012 8:46 am EDT Updated: 09/27/2012 8:56 am EDT

r-GWYNETH-PALTROW-TURNS-40-large570.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow may be hitting the big 4-0 on Thursday, but she doesn't look a day over "Shakespeare in Love" to us.

The timeless beauty celebrates a milestone birthday today and we're celebrating with an adorable flashback photo of the blonde beauty, thanks to Snakkle.

The photo below pictures Paltrow during her 1990 senior year of high school at New York City's Spence School. And it's no wonder that her studies would lead her to Hollywood -- after all, she calls actress Blythe Danner mom and director Bruce Paltrow dad. Just one year after this bubble gum-blowing snapshot was taken, Paltrow would earn a role in the beloved, "Hook."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/27/gwyneth-paltrow-turns-40-pre-fame-photos_n_1918737.html