✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

OBAMA FUNDRAISER BRINGS A SELECT GUEST LIST TO JOIN STARS IN MAYFAIRr

Guests said to have paid $15,000 a head to join Gwyneth Paltrow and friends to raise money for the Obama Victory Fund

Anna Wintour and Tom Ford slipped through the discreet door in the heart of Mayfair early. An hour later, Cameron Diaz dashed in without a backward glance, closely followed by Gwyneth Paltrow, who paused reluctantly on the doorstep to give the cameras a split-second pose and pained grin. And that was the sum excitement for star-spotters waiting on the pavement outside the Obama Victory Fundraising dinner in London on Wednesday.

Hosted by Paltrow, Wintour and Ford at the exclusive Mark's club, the minimalist guest list saw fewer than 25 people hop from their black cabs and chauffeur-driven cars into the club.

Natalie Massenet, founder of Net-a-Porter and new chair of the British Fashion Council was there – albeit wearing Yves Saint Laurent – as was Downton Abbey's Elizabeth McGovern and Elizabeth Saltzman, international social editor of Vanity Fair.

The hedge fund managers and property investors crowded onto the pavement of the pub opposite the club barely registered the small stream of other more anonymous guests, dressed in a range of diplomatically restrained black dresses and perfectly cut suits.

As one woman protested, stumbling in the glare of the flashlights as she fumbled for ID to show the woman guarding the door: "I'm no one famous."

Journalists were strictly forbidden from attending the event – the hosts, perhaps, fearing a Romney-shaped uproar if remarks intended only for the ears of wealthy campaign donors reached the public.

But if the night was bijou, then that is how Wintour intended it. This was the fourth fundraising event the editor of Vogue has hosted this year. By last month, she had already donated the maximum allowable $35,000 to the Obama Victory Fund and the Democratic National Committee, Obama's candidate committee.

The guests, it is said, paid $15,000 to rub shoulders with the small band of stars from fashion and film. The hosts paid $40,000 to the president's campaign coffers.

This is the first fundraiser Paltrow and Ford have hosted, although both have been active donors to the Democratic campaign. According to the Sunlight Foundation's Influence Explorer, Paltrow has given $20,000 to the Obama Victory Fund. Ford has donated £75,000 to Obama for America.

gwynethpaltrow008.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/19/obama-fundraiser-guest-stars-mayfair

03b6f42ee48cdd211523567.jpg

http://www.popsugar.com/Gwyneth-Paltrow-Obama-Fundraiser-London-25044956

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are supposedly some of the pictures in the Instyle Magazine to hit the stands tomorrow.

1347999418_5234_Untitled.jpg

The one in the centre is from Vanity Fair! Not Instyle!

Ps. I really Like it that Gwyneth has wrinkles and lines on her forehead. It looks natural and not totally botoxed like some others!

Another quote from her interview with Diane von Furstenberg for the Instyle Magazine

"My brain says, 'Oh, I think I'm done, the kids are so big now, and I don't want to go back to changing diapers,' " Paltrow says. "But a part of me would love to have another. Of course, I'm old now!"

The one in the centre is from Vanity Fair! Not Instyle!

Ps. I really Like it that Gwyneth has wrinkles and lines on her forehead. It looks natural and not totally botoxed like some others!

Oh thank you! It vaguely looked familiar. Hopefully we'll have access to the magazine tomorrow.

Gwyneth Paltrow collaborates with Chinti and Parker

Actress and lifestyle guru Gwyneth Paltrow has collaborated with British label Chinti and Parker to create two exclusive jumpers for her Goop website.

BY OLIVIA BERGIN | 21 SEPTEMBER 2012

gwyneth-chinti-mai_2346672a.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow, aka Mrs Chris Martin, doesn't do things by halves. As part of the stylish collaborations stocked on her lifestyle and e-commerce website Goop , she has created limited-edition pieces with the likes of MiH jeans, hip New York Fashion Week label Rag & Bone and bikini guru Melissa Odabash. This week, it's the turn of British eco-conscious label Chinti and Parker .

Since discovering the label during one of her guest edit shoots with luxury e-tailer Net-A-Porter , Paltrow has become a fan of the label's effortless basics, beautiful cashmere and statement knits.

Collaborating with the brand's founders, cousins Anna Singh and Rachael Wood, the result is two highly-covetable sweaters: a thick Breton stripe style with a blue breast pocket and elbow patches, and the other a navy design adorned with a white heart print and red elbow patches.

"Goop shares many ethical and stylistic values with Chinti and Parker, from a commitment to sustainability and better living to a love of timeless, beautifully made clothing" explains Singh. "We are immensely privileged to have collaborated in this way and hope you love the pieces as much as we do."

Chinti and Parker was founded in 2009 and only uses organic textiles. Its cotton pieces are manufactured in Portugal and India - the latter of which where Singh and Wood have family and where production supports the local industry.

The only snag about this stylish marriage is that the sweaters, priced $525 (approx £316) and $485 (£300) are only available in the US for now.

gwyneth-chinti-emb_2346673a.jpg

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/columns/olivia-bergin/TMG9557697/Gwyneth-Paltrow-collaborates-with-Chinti-and-Parker.html

http://news.instyle.com/2012/09/20/gwyneth-paltrow-october-instyle-set-photos/

Her Hair

Hairstylist Chris McMillan used Oribe Gold pomade to smooth Paltrow's tresses. "It gives blond just a touch of rich, metallic shine," he said. Find it for $49 at barneys.com.

092012-gwyneth-cover-bts-1-383.jpg

Her Look

Paltrow accessorized her Diane Von Furstenberg cover look with Fred Leighton earrings and Vhernier bracelets, a look styled by InStyle's Samira Nasr.

092012-gwyneth-cover-bts-2-383.jpg

The Mood on Set

When she wasn't looking into the camera, the Oscar winner sang along to songs from Channel Orange by Frank Ocean, and Watch the Throne by Jay-Z and Kanye West.

092012-gwyneth-cover-bts-3-383.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow collaborates with Chinti and Parker

Actress and lifestyle guru Gwyneth Paltrow has collaborated with British label Chinti and Parker to create two exclusive jumpers for her Goop website.

BY OLIVIA BERGIN | 21 SEPTEMBER 2012

gwyneth-chinti-mai_2346672a.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow, aka Mrs Chris Martin, doesn't do things by halves. As part of the stylish collaborations stocked on her lifestyle and e-commerce website Goop , she has created limited-edition pieces with the likes of MiH jeans, hip New York Fashion Week label Rag & Bone and bikini guru Melissa Odabash. This week, it's the turn of British eco-conscious label Chinti and Parker .

Since discovering the label during one of her guest edit shoots with luxury e-tailer Net-A-Porter , Paltrow has become a fan of the label's effortless basics, beautiful cashmere and statement knits.

Collaborating with the brand's founders, cousins Anna Singh and Rachael Wood, the result is two highly-covetable sweaters: a thick Breton stripe style with a blue breast pocket and elbow patches, and the other a navy design adorned with a white heart print and red elbow patches.

"Goop shares many ethical and stylistic values with Chinti and Parker, from a commitment to sustainability and better living to a love of timeless, beautifully made clothing" explains Singh. "We are immensely privileged to have collaborated in this way and hope you love the pieces as much as we do."

Chinti and Parker was founded in 2009 and only uses organic textiles. Its cotton pieces are manufactured in Portugal and India - the latter of which where Singh and Wood have family and where production supports the local industry.

The only snag about this stylish marriage is that the sweaters, priced $525 (approx £316) and $485 (£300) are only available in the US for now.

gwyneth-chinti-emb_2346673a.jpg

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/columns/olivia-bergin/TMG9557697/Gwyneth-Paltrow-collaborates-with-Chinti-and-Parker.html

scaled.php?server=40&filename=dsc02633nj.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=209&filename=dsc02642v.jpg&res=landing

I have this shirt that I bought a few months ago, more sober, because and black is standard and elegant and less become fat lol.

this is such good taste young clothes. Jeans etc.. even for me is standard

materials that young like. and it is genial work with or they industy quality but in countries like India or africa, indonesia. the coururiers made beautiful clothes. and need to live

I also think the bright orange does not going well to her because of his skin color skin freckles.

I think Gwynnie should work with designers who do not promote Anorexia young models. because it is as murderers.

as you know I was trained in school 96-97 by a leader embroidery of Dior when I drew my models was the great time.

I really was inspired by Gianfranco Ferré, an inspiration in the models that I have created. but more younger.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4oJngt9H5M]"Christian Dior" Spring Summer 1995 by Gianfranco Ferrè "Backstage Hair & Make-up by Aldo Coppola" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7XpGgARTK0&feature=relmfu]Christian Dior Haute Couture spring summer 1996 - part 4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikRQgAVrRHc&feature=related]Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall 1996 Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-kpbhqj5d8&feature=relmfu]Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall 1996 Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

I do not like to show my work. but one parade in TV local and a dress

and it was in a furniture store . but I do not want to be a designer. I should have done before if I had had the opportunity but poverty and even doing anything .

scaled.php?server=593&filename=canvasdfil1996002.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=10&filename=canvasdfil1996004.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=259&filename=canvasdfil1996005.jpg&res=landing

dsc01602o.jpg

scaled.php?server=201&filename=dsc01601ny.jpg&res=landing

Gwyneth Paltrow uses elastic bands to keep fit

Gwyneth Paltrow uses ''elastic stretch bands'' and a ''wooden workout stick'' to stay in top shape, her personal trainer Tracy Anderson has revealed.

Gwyneth Paltrow uses elastic bands to keep fit.

The 39-year-old actress is a client of fitness guru Tracy Anderson and the exercise expert has lifted the lid on the workout regime that keeps Gwyneth slim.

Tracy says the 'Iron Man 2' star follows her 'Method' regime six times per week, which involves the use of elastic stretch bands, a wooden workout stick, dumbbells and ankle weights to shift the pounds.

Tracy insists the reason why Gwyneth - who has an eight-year-old daughter, Apple and six-year-old son Moses with her rocker husband Chris Martin - looks so great is because she is very ''disciplined'' and is prepared to put in the hours and hard work to look good.

She told the New York Post newspaper: ''Gwyneth is uncoordinated during workouts, but she's disciplined.''

Tracy has a huge list of celebrity clients she has worked with to get fit including Victoria Beckham, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez and Nicole Richie.

She recently worked with pop star Cheryl Cole so she would look her best when she released her third album 'A Million Lights' in June.

Speaking about her work with former 'X Factor' judge Cheryl, Tracy said: ''She's petite like me and has a killer body but the trouble with being tiny is weight shows up very easily. Since then, she's been training for 60-90 minutes four to six times a week. She's just like Gwyneth - she works very hard and is a total doll to work with - she's incredibly down to earth.''

link

tell me when the paps write true things on this thread Gwyneth Paltrow.

keeping fit is something different than weight loss.

Gwynnie has a metabolism for cooking and eating what she wants.

http://goop.com/recipes

poor children to Gwynnie & Chris .

do not have gym at school?

ex : Switzerland it is a mandatory condition disipline at school once or twice per week but in anothers countrys, not know.

they need to grow and eat healthy rather than made gym.

What is the problem with celebrities to be perfect or that it's the paps who write stupidity ?

So I'm going to prepare my potatoes chicken baked

rigatoni mountain its very good I recommend (béchamel onions light cheese parmesan, ham) bit less fat than Gruyère cheese bacon

scaled.php?server=255&filename=dsc01992xh.jpg&res=landing