✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

Over $81 million pledged to Stand Up to Cancer following telethon

by Maane Khatchatourian

Stand Up to Cancer has raised over $81 million since Friday’s star-studded telethon.

ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC dedicated an hour of commercial-free primetime programming to the nationally televised fundraiser, which was executive produced by Gwyneth Paltrow and Tenth Planet Productions’ Joel Gallen. The event, which was also broadcast on over a dozen cable networks, featured appearances and testimonials from Hollywood A-listers Julia Roberts, Matt Damon, Tom Hanks, Michael Douglas, Halle Berry, Samuel L. Jackson, Jessica Biel, Justin Timberlake, Robert Pattinson, and SU2C co-founder Katie Couric, among others. In addition to staffing the phone bank, stars like Taylor Swift, Coldplay, Alicia Keys, and Tim McGraw also performed on air.

“We are profoundly grateful to the entire entertainment community, particularly the stars who volunteered their time and talent, as well as the networks and cable channels that donated the air time, to make our show a tremendous success,” Lisa Paulsen, SU2C co-founder and president of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, said in a press release. “Their support

means so much to the millions of cancer patients and survivors who know they are not alone in this fight.”

Paltrow, who lost her father, director Bruce Paltrow, to cancer ten years ago, said in a press release that she was “deeply moved” by the event.

su2c-biel-paltrow_240x320.jpg

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/09/10/stand-up-to-cancer-raises-81-million/

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwyneth Paltrow: Germs are good for my kids

image2_1347358889.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow encourages her children to play in dirt to build up their immune systems.

The 'Iron Man' actress realises she cannot shelter daughter Apple, eight, and son Moses, six - her children with her husband, Coldplay singer Chris Martin - from germs and actually thinks it is beneficial for kids to be exposed to muck.

In an interview with Britain's OK! magazine, she revealed: 'When they get home from school, I ask them to wash their hands but I think it's good for them to be in dirt and germs because that's how you build an immune system - by getting sick.

'I mean, if someone has the flu, I don't put my kid in their face, but it's an inevitable fact of life.'

After starring in 2011's 'Contagion' as a woman who contracts a deadly disease, Gwyneth realised she was borderline OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), describing herself as a constant 'hand washer', but she has now seemingly had a change of heart.

Gwyneth, 39, also used to follow a macrobiotic diet but now eats a more varied menu which includes poultry, fish and alcohol.

She said: 'I'm not vegetarian, I don't eat red meat, I haven't eaten red meat in a long time, but I eat fish and birds. I drink, I smoke once in a while - when in Rome, you know what I mean?

'I don't count calories, but that's because I exercise like a fiend. You can't have one without the other.'

link

I wonder if chris was actually at the after-party! I didnt see any mention of him in the internet...i just saw one tweet about gp. I guess they were the only celebs who evaded press.

No mention of Chris, but there was mention of Coldplay. Yet not a single picture of any of them. They're good at hiding, I guess.

In the UK papers Chris is mentioned as being at the Arts Club.

Gaga spent the night partying with Chris Martin, Jay-Z and Rihanna, while Dita Von Teesea and Marina and the Diamonds also got involved inside.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lady-gaga-drunk-wardrobe-malfunction-1316855

Jay-Z leaves The Arts Club in Mayfair, London after partying with Chris Martin, Rihanna and Lady Gaga after his performance at the closing ceremony of the 2012 Paralympic Games.

(September 9, 2012 - Source: PacificCoastNews.com)

Gwyneth Paltrow 'Too Old' For Avengers Assemble Sequel

Gwyneth Paltrow says she is getting ''too old'' to reprise her role of Virginia ''Pepper'' Potts in the 'Avengers' franchise.

Gwyneth Paltrow is getting ''too old'' to star in the 'Avengers' franchise.

The 39-year-old actress appeared as Virginia ''Pepper'' Potts in the first two 'Iron Man' movies and reprised her role in 'Avengers Assemble', but she has distanced herself from the possibility of portraying the character again in the sequel to this year's Marvel action film.

When asked if she will return to the franchise, the blonde beauty - who is due to return for the third 'Iron Man' next year - told E!: ''I don't know. I'm getting old for this s**t, you know what I mean?''

Gwyneth plays the onscreen lover of her 'Avengers Assemble' co-star Mark Ruffalo - who portrays Dr. Bruce Banner/Hulk in the Marvel franchise - in her latest movie 'Thanks for Sharing', and in one scene she has to give Mark a lap dance in black lingerie.

While she filmed some raunchy content for the movie, the blonde beauty was pleased about taking on the role because she was able to bring her children - daughter Apple, eight, and six-year-old son Moses - on location, but admits her youngsters prefer her in 'Iron Man' and 'Avengers Assemble' more than her latest film.

She added: ''They [the producers] called me up and they sent me The Script and I read it and it was really, really good.

''And it was just like a couple of weeks in New York in The Fall and I could bring my kids. I was like, 'OK, let's do it.'

''They like it better when I do that ['Avengers' and 'Iron Man'] than sex addiction movies.''

link

Gwyneth Paltrow: Kids aren't like me

Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Gwyneth Paltrow has joked her children look "alien" to her.

fde732eb-27f8-4c73-_710893t.jpg

The Hollywood actress has daughter Apple, eight, and son Moses, six, with her husband Chris Martin. When asked which part of herself she sees in her kids, Gwyneth replied "nothing" - explaining that physically Apple and Moses don't take after either of their parents.

"It's all alien! I don't think they look like us at all. Sometimes I see behaviours that reminds me of us, but physically I can't see it!" she quipped in an interview with the UK edition of OK! magazine.

Gwyneth has previously said that she wants to put her family before any leading roles. At the moment, the 39-year-old star finds juggling her Hollywood life with parenting possible.

"When I first had my kids, I just did not want to be anywhere else. They're only little for a few more years and I don't want to miss out on it. When it's gone, it's gone. In five or seven years they'll be like, 'Mom, get out of my room, I want to be with my friends," she laughed. "But now that they are older, I feel like my sense of self is coming back as an artist, so it's harder.

"But I figure everything is meant to be and if Meryl Streep is still doing roles, maybe I'll be so lucky to get a good part like that later in my life."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/gwyneth-paltrow-kids-arent-like-me-16209482.html#ixzz26EaTOHAV

Gwyneth Paltrow named best dressed woman by People magazine

?m=02&d=20120912&t=2&i=652018236&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE88B0SHK00

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow was named the "World's Best Dressed Woman" of 2012 by People magazine on Wednesday, wowing the celebrity magazine with a simple elegant style that avoids some of fashion's quirkier trends.

The Oscar-winning actress, 39, and wife of Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, headed a list of the year's style mavens that included Prince William's wife Kate, R&B star Rihanna, and the Kardashian family of TV reality show fame.

People said the list was compiled after soliciting input from the celebrity magazine's 42 million readers, its editors and fashion bloggers.

While Oscar-winner Paltrow won the best dressed title, fashion icon Kate Middleton - formally known as the Duchess of Cambridge - was named the woman with the best classic style.

Paltrow's stylist, Elizabeth Saltzman, told People that the actress was not a slave to trends. "She doesn't do fringe. She has a uniform. It's simple, not overdone," Saltzman said.

Emma Stone, the 23-year-old star of "The Amazing Spider-Man" and "The Help," was chosen as having the best red carpet style, while singer Rihanna was praised for taking the most risks in her fashion choices.

Actresses Jessica Alba (best jeans), Jennifer Lawrence (best under 25s), and Reese Witherspoon (best pregnancy) also made the top 10, along with Australian model Miranda Kerr.

Among men, honors went to actors Andrew Garfield, Brad Pitt, Colin Firth, Robert Pattinson, Chris and Liam Hemsworth and singer Jay-Z.

People also looked back at some of the fashion faux pas of 2012. The magazine recalled an orange lace dress worn with prominent black underwear by pop singer Fergie, and a floral floor-length dress worn by Sarah Jessica Parker that fashion blogger Heather Cocks said made the "Sex and the City" actress look like a cast member of polygamy TV reality show "Sister Wives."

People's special Best & Worst Dressed double issue hits news stands on Friday and can be seen online at http://www.people.com/bestdressed.

link

-----------------

GWYNETH: THE WORLD'S BEST DRESSED

She's an award-winning actress, a talented singer and even a good cook, but as far as PEOPLE editors are concerned, Gwyneth Paltrow is a fashion plate first and foremost. Her red carpet skills are unparalleled, always arriving in unexpected, yet chic looks. Of course, it helps to have Gwynnie's body when going for a Stella McCartney racerback gown or Prada micromini – but we can't begrudge her that when she seems to be having so much fun with her wardrobe.

gwyneth-paltrow-435.jpg

link

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow was named the "World's Best Dressed Woman" of 2012 by People magazine on Wednesday, wowing the celebrity magazine with a simple elegant style that avoids some of fashion's quirkier trends.

The Oscar-winning actress, 39, and wife of Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, headed a list of the year's style mavens that included Prince William's wife Kate, R&B star Rihanna, and the Kardashian family of TV reality show fame.

People said the list was compiled after soliciting input from the celebrity magazine's 42 million readers, its editors and fashion bloggers.

While Oscar-winner Paltrow won the best dressed title, fashion icon Kate Middleton - formally known as the Duchess of Cambridge - was named the woman with the best classic style.

Paltrow's stylist, Elizabeth Saltzman, told People that the actress was not a slave to trends. "She doesn't do fringe. She has a uniform. It's simple, not overdone," Saltzman said.

Emma Stone, the 23-year-old star of "The Amazing Spider-Man" and "The Help," was chosen as having the best red carpet style, while singer Rihanna was praised for taking the most risks in her fashion choices.

Actresses Jessica Alba (best jeans), Jennifer Lawrence (best under 25s), and Reese Witherspoon (best pregnancy) also made the top 10, along with Australian model Miranda Kerr.

Among men, honors went to actors Andrew Garfield, Brad Pitt, Colin Firth, Robert Pattinson, Chris and Liam Hemsworth and singer Jay-Z.

People also looked back at some of the fashion faux pas of 2012. The magazine recalled an orange lace dress worn with prominent black underwear by pop singer Fergie, and a floral floor-length dress worn by Sarah Jessica Parker that fashion blogger Heather Cocks said made the "Sex and the City" actress look like a cast member of polygamy TV reality show "Sister Wives."

People's special Best & Worst Dressed double issue hits news stands on Friday and can be seen online at http://www.people.com/bestdressed.

link

-----------------

She's an award-winning actress, a talented singer and even a good cook, but as far as PEOPLE editors are concerned, Gwyneth Paltrow is a fashion plate first and foremost. Her red carpet skills are unparalleled, always arriving in unexpected, yet chic looks. Of course, it helps to have Gwynnie's body when going for a Stella McCartney racerback gown or Prada micromini – but we can't begrudge her that when she seems to be having so much fun with her wardrobe.

gwyneth-paltrow-435.jpg

link

NICE.......:)

link

-----------------

gwyneth-paltrow-435.jpg

link

Gwyneth is world's best dressed lady :cool: :cool: her husband needs some dressing lesson from Gwyneth...seriously :laugh3: but we love him anyway :rolleyes:

Red Carpet Confidential: Behind-the-Scenes Secrets from Gwyneth Patlrow’s Stylist!

09/13/2012 AT 09:00 AM ET

gwyneth-paltrow-300x400.jpg

The editors of PEOPLE may have crowned her the world’s best-dressed woman, but Gwyneth Paltrow can still be surprised by her own fashion influence. Just ask her stylist, Elizabeth Saltzman: “She’s always shocked when a store will call me and say, ‘What was that jean [Gwyneth was wearing]? I’ve had 80 people come in today looking for it!’ Gwyneth will say, ‘Really?!’”

It’s Paltrow’s signature minimalism that makes her a style icon to so many. But don’t expect to find her closets bursting with couture. “She has an edited wardrobe,” says Saltzman, who adds that the Goop.com founder does most of her shopping online, at sites like net-a-porter.com. After she wears an outfit, “It all gets put away and documented — when and where she wore it — and then it’s gone [into storage] for her daughter. She’s not a hog.”

Whether strutting through the airport in layers of cool-girl labels like MiH (for jeans) and rag & bone (for boots), or rocking a modern Stella McCartney gown at the Grammys, “Gwyneth always relies on really clean lines,” says Melanie Kain, who co-designed a T-shirt with Paltrow for Goop. “That is why she always looks appropriate and comfortable in her own skin.”

She’s rarely looked more so than at this year’s Oscars. The instant Saltzman unveiled Tom Ford’s stunningly sophisticated gown and cape, “It was just, holy moly,” says the stylist. “Everyone was hugging each other. It was done.” Paltrow, who tends to nix busy prints and billowing shapes, immediately loved the look.

“I usually bring no more than four things for her to look at,” says Saltzman of red carpet events. “For the Oscars, I bought her one. I did have a second dress there, but I never even unpacked it.” Confident her client would stand out from the crowd, “I said, ‘Hey y’all, in your sequins and your tulle — side slits, beads, color!’ It was a moment where you just put up your hand and go, ‘I’m sorry,’” says Saltzman. “No one had rocked a cape. No one had gone dead simple. You just knew it was going to change fashion.”

For more secrets of Patlrow’s style, pick up PEOPLE’s Best & Worst Dressed issue, on newsstands Friday. Tell us: Do you like Paltrow’s style? If not, who earns your vote for best-dressed woman in the world?

–Suzanne Zuckerman, with reporting by Raha Lewis

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2012/09/13/gwyneth-paltrow-best-dressed-2012/

I definitely missed Goop in August! Especially the wardrobe picks - even if they're way out of my price range, they work great as cues!

Though I have to say, in some pictures Gwyneth's face looks badly pasted in - the lovely camel coat outfit, for instance :uhoh:

Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Food, Beauty & Goop with InStyle UK

Having just debuted her new movie "Thanks for Sharing" at the Toronto International Film Festival, Gwyneth Paltrow picked up a little overseas exposure via a feature in the October 2012 issue of InStyle UK magazine.

The 39-year-old Oscar-winning actress spoke with the European publication about a full slate of topics including her beauty icons, skin secrets and love of food.

Highlights from Miss Paltrow's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to InStyle UK!

On what she does as far as R&R is concerned:

"I never have time to go to a spa, but I love a hot bath with Epsom salts in the evenings. I prefer old fashioned vinegars to essential oils or bubbles."

On her skin secrets:

"Genetics play a part, but sweating it out every day is detoxing. I also drink a lot of water, take Omega oils and keep my word regime simple - a cleanser, face oils and Embryolisse moisturizer."

On her beauty icons:

"Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy always looked gorgeous and whenever I see Cate Blanchett on a red carpet, I think she looks amazing."

On her perfume pick:

"Boss Nuit Pour Femme is my new signature scent. In New York, I have all my fragrances out, but in London, they're behind a little glass door on shelves. It's like a sweet shop!"

On her website, Goop.com:

"I find everything about Goop exciting. I just hired a partner and we've started talking about our ambitions and hopes for the site. It won't be long before you start seeing some changes."

On her love of food:

"I work out so I can eat what I want; I adore food and have loved cooking for the past 20 years. My favorite foods are savory and if I allowed myself an treat, it would be fried food, or a baguette with smelly French cheese and wine, followed by a confit of duck and French fries."

http://gossipcenter.com/gwyneth-paltrow/gwyneth-paltrow-talks-food-beauty-goop-instyle-uk-october-2012-720328