Katharina

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are other articles about them eating out, such as this one:

Gwyneth Paltrow Avoids Carbs and Dessert While Dining With the Family

August 21, 2013 at 02:39PM EDT by Beth Sobol

Gwyneth Paltrow claims she indulges in decadent food when she wants to, but that certainly wasn’t the case this past weekend when the Oscar winner and cookbook author dined at Serafina in East Hampton with her family.

Gwyn, hubby Chris Martin, and their children Apple, 9, and Moses, 7 — along with two other adult friends — arrived and seemed “in great spirits,” according to an onlooker. But Gwyneth’s mood turned serious when it came time to order.

“The kids ordered off the Bambini menu,” the onlooker notes. “Organic spaghetti with tomato sauce and juice for both. No French fries or soda.”Forgoing the eatery’s renowned pizza or pasta dishes herself, Gwyneth ordered a plate of steamed vegetables, which she washed down with sparkling water. Chris and the other grown-ups split two pizzas among them.

For dessert, Gwyneth requested several for the table, including a chocolate soufflé, apple pie, and ice cream. “Everyone went to town on them, except for Gwyneth,” says the onlooker.

Sounds like a delicious meal. Too bad Gwyneth didn’t get to sample most of it. Maybe next time!

http://www.wetpaint.com/moms/articles/2013-08-21-gwyneth-paltrow-avoids-carbs-dessert?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wetpaint%2Flatest%2Fexcerpt+%28Wetpaint+Network+%28Excerpt%29%29

This was following by numerous other articles totally focused on what she ate and didn't eat. Example headlines: Gwyneth Snubs Pizza for Veges, Gwyneth Snubs Pizza For Greens and Gwyneth Paltrow Eats Only Steamed Vegetables at Carb-Filled Family Dinner. It's ridiculous how interested people are in what she eats or doesn't eat. Sometimes it seems like she can't do anything, even enjoy what seemed like a very pleasant, happy dinner, without certain people picking it apart. :rolleyes:

This was posted in the Chris thread (thanks gai!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVti4u-Aggs&feature=youtu.be&t=46s

Also:

Gwyneth Paltrow Hosts a Goop Garden Party in the Hamptons

August 24, 2013

Gwyneth Paltrow buddied up with her best friend, Stella McCartney, to host a Goop garden party in the Hamptons yesterday. While Gwyneth got support from her pal at the fete dedicated to her digital newsletter/app, she reciprocated the love by donning one of Stella's designs from her Spring 2014 collection for the affair. This is not the first time Gwyneth has had the help of famous friends to celebrate her success, she was joined by Kate Hudson, Tom Ford, and her husband, Chris Martin, in London for Goop's Summer party overseas back in May.

Gwyneth has been balancing both work and play during her getaway to the Summer hot spot. She and her daughter Apple hopped on a red Vespa to make a casual stop at Jacks Coffee in Amagansett earlier this week, and she also snuck in a signing for her cookbook, It's All Good, at the annual Authors Night in East Hampton two weeks ago.

d2a8c040ecb4e4e9_g.jpg

New (highly photoshopped) cover:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The October issue of marie claire with Gwyneth Paltrow on the cover is out today! <a href="http://t.co/ANGT2zGpKp">pic.twitter.com/ANGT2zGpKp</a></p>— marie claire (@marie_claire_au) <a href="https://twitter.com/marie_claire_au/statuses/375390500879998976">September 4, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gwyneth Paltrow: family, fame and ageing: our cover star opens up about learning to love the skin she’s in

Nice picture!

def8bc12875d1476099ffcb7b7f64b00.jpeg

Stella And Gwyneth's New Collection

05 SEPTEMBER 2013 LAUREN MILLIGAN

Picture credit: image courtesy of Kevin Mazur/Wireimage

STELLA MCCARTNEY and Gwyneth Paltrow have teamed up to create a capsule collection for Paltrow's lifestyle website, Goop, featuring investment pieces designed by McCartney and curated by Paltrow - and the twosome are very clear about their roles.

"I think of myself as a woman who is a lover of beautiful things," Paltrow said. "I'm very specific about my taste. The role I want in a partnership is curating a collection as opposed to taking a designer point of view. I can tweak a blazer and make it the

Gwyneth-paltrow-Stella-McCartney-vogue-5sept13-Kevin-mazur-Wir-image.jpg

perfect blazer. It's being able to fulfill what my ideal things ought to be."

"I have quite a lot of admiration for her at so many levels and that's a big part of how I design," McCartney added, WWD reports. "Her spirit and inner beauty as well as outer beauty are a big inspiration for me. I draw from that every day from all my friends."

The selection - which features classic McCartney pieces including a black blazer, black jeans and black wool trousers, as well as several exclusive handbags - will sit on the Goop Collection part of the company's website, which offers products exclusive to Goop readers. Past Goop Collection associations include Cynthia Rowley, Rag & Bone, Warby Parker and Alexandra von Furstenberg.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2013/09/05/stella-mccartney-and-gwyneth-paltrow-goop-collaboration

Stella And Gwyneth's New Collection

05 SEPTEMBER 2013 LAUREN MILLIGAN

And here it is:

stella-gwyneth-01.jpg

A collaboration between Gwyneth Paltrow and Stella McCartney seems like a no-brainer. The only question is, what took them so long?

“We complement each other,” Paltrow said. “It was the right time. We’re very close friends. We were bringing two worlds together and it was important not to force them.”

The BFFs created a capsule collection for Goop, Paltrow’s Web site devoted to a healthy lifestyle, beautiful things to covet and buy and delicious food. The collection consists of such exclusive styles as a classic black blazer, charcoal gray knit jumpsuit, black jean and black wool trouser. McCartney’s newly introduced Beckett handbag in black, gray and white will also be available. Prices start at $795.

“It makes perfect sense. Stella and I keep our [collaborations] to a minimum,” Paltrow said, explaining that both are extremely selective about the projects they choose.

“For me, it’s trying to find the ones that fit” with my company, said McCartney, who has created capsule lines for Gap Kids and H&M, and designs the ongoing Adidas by Stella McCartney collection.

The women teased fans last week with a post on Goop.com’s Facebook page that revealed the name of the project, Stella McCartney x Goop, and the Sept. 12 launch date, but nothing else.

Stella McCartney x Goop is part of the Goop Collection, the e-commerce component of the Web site, launched in 2012. It offers an ever-changing selection of exclusive products to Goop readers. Past Goop Collection associations include Cynthia Rowley, Rag & Bone, Warby Parker and Alexandra von Furstenberg. Paltrow’s mostly female audience spans a range of ages and backgrounds, from professionals to mothers to fashionistas “who are very interested in all the things we provide,” she said. “Selling is growing by leaps and bounds. We’re learning about what people want and at what price point.

“When one of your best friends is a very successful artist and you love and admire her work, you want to support it at all [costs],” Paltrow added. “I have this start-up, Goop, and I have a strong idea of what I want it to be. I went to Stella and asked if she would collaborate with me. She never had done a collaboration like this before until I strong-armed her. She’s the most insanely amazing designer.”

“I’m cringing,” McCartney said, reacting to the praise. “Gwyneth has such a strong sense of style. One automatically recognizes what she likes to wear — very timeless and effortless pieces.”

McCartney considers Paltrow to be a muse: “I have quite a lot of admiration for her at so many levels and that’s a big part of how I design. Her spirit and inner beauty as well as outer beauty are a big inspiration for me. I draw from that every day from all my friends.”

“She has all these amazing women,” Paltrow said, referring to Cameron Diaz, Naomi Watts, Liv Tyler, Kate Hudson, Kate Moss and Rihanna, who McCartney dresses. “We all represent different aspects of a woman. You have something from each of us.”

The one thing Paltrow doesn’t consider herself is a designer — she describes her role as a curator.

“I think of myself as a woman who is a lover of beautiful things,” Paltrow told WWD. “I’m very specific about my taste. The role I want in a partnership is curating a collection as opposed to taking a designer point of view. I can tweak a blazer and make it the perfect blazer. It’s being able to fulfill what my ideal things ought to be.”

Stella McCartney x Goop isn’t trendy fast fashion; rather, the collection is about investment pieces. “We sat down and talked about it a lot and it was very considered,” McCartney said. “The outcome is designs that are very timeless. In order to create pieces that are effortless, it’s very considered. Gwyneth was a huge part of that. This is a big reflection of her life.

“The pieces are very subtle,” McCartney continued. “If you glance briefly at the jeans, they look like timeless black jeans with a zip detail and a great shape.” Upon closer examination, the jeans are actually made from deep navy blue velvet fabric with denim on the back.

“I tend to go for more classic pieces,” Paltrow said. “I wanted to make things that you’d leave to your daughter. My audience loves an investment piece and nothing will last longer. We could have done some brand-new trend collection. For the first time, we wanted to work on something that was very easy to understand.”

“We are a luxury house, but we have really affordable pieces,” McCartney said of her own company. “This is another way to let people understand that we have opening price points. We also understand that there’s a cut-off point for price. It’s always difficult to bring the highest quality garment made in Italy” in at a lower price. “It’s never easy, but if you want something badly enough, you can do it.”

Besides making money, the partnership is about “having fun and being accessible,” McCartney said. “These designs are not going to blow anyone away. They are staple pieces.”

Now, the line is about to launch and the women are still friends. “I would collaborate again,” Paltrow said.

“We’ll see how this goes and we’ll build on it,” said McCartney.

stella-gwyneth-03.jpg

stella-gwyneth-02.jpg

stella-gwyneth-05.jpg

stella-gwyneth-04.jpg

Link

Is this old or new news?

Coldplay - Chris Martin Gets Pro Cooking Tips For Gwyneth Paltrow

by WENN | 03 September 2013

Coldplay singer Chris Martin urged celebrity chef Jamie Oliver to give his wife Gwyneth Paltrow a cooking lesson to fine-tune her skills in the kitchen.

The Shakespeare in Love actress has penned several cookery books since marrying the British rocker, but he is convinced she could do with some professional tips so he enlisted his pal Oliver to help.

The chef tells Britain's Daily Star newspaper, "I know Gwyneth because her husband Chris rang and asked if I'd give her a cookery lesson for her birthday. I'm a big Coldplay fan, and Gwyneth's a lovely woman, so it was a done deal.

"I spent the afternoon cooking in her kitchen, we made a slow roasted duck ragu and then a bunch of her friends came around to eat it."

source: http://www.contactmusic.com/story/chris-martin-gets-pro-cooking-tips-for-gwyneth-paltrow_3846866

At 41, Gwyneth Paltrow remains luminously beautiful, her figure as lithe and graceful as ever. In many paparazzi photographs, it has become hard to tell which part of her “perfect” body is real or is the result of retouching. Paltrow, on the other hand, is so lovely in real life, it’s confounding – even close up, you would swear her face and body were somehow the product of Photoshop.

The daughter of the late director/ producer Bruce Paltrow (who died almost 11 years ago) and the actress Blythe Danner (with whom she co-starred in 2003 in Sylvia, a biopic of ill-fated poet Sylvia Plath), the actress attributes her air of calm assurance to her upbringing as much as to her professional success.

“The self-belief I have is thanks to my dad,” she says, her voice filling with emotion. “We had an incredible relationship, we understood each other to perfection.” She remembers a thousand fond anecdotes about him, like the time he took her to Paris as a teen and said, “I want you to get to know this city with a man who will love you forever”; and wise advice such as, “Look after your old friends. The possibility doesn’t exist to make new old friends.”

The other great man of her life has been – and is – her husband, Coldplay’s Chris Martin, to whom she has been married to for nearly a decade. Despite the fact that one of the provisos of this interview was not to ask about him, Paltrow herself never stops mentioning him in our time together. “One of the things that unites us the most is that we always laugh at the same jokes,” she reveals. For his part, Martin recently confessed in an interview: “When I met her, I went from being a loser to winning the lottery.”

Like every mother, she’s discovering that parenting doesn’t get any simpler as children grow. “Last night, I was talking about that with my husband: it gets more complicated. The problems are getting more serious and I notice that they need me more now than even when they were very little. My daughter, for example, who is super-intelligent, asks me [tough] questions! I feel I have to constantly be by her side.”

Are she and Martin planning to have a third? “I would love to, but I don’t know if I could start changing nappies again. Also, when my son was born I had terrible depression. It was strange because with my eldest it didn’t happen, I was super-happy. But with Moses it took me a year to get out of the hole.”

gwyneth_paltrow2_1928i5t-1928i63.jpg

gwyneth_paltrow3_1928i5t-1928i66.jpg

Link

That second pic... bad photoshop again. Her head looks abnormally big!

Is this old or new news?

Coldplay - Chris Martin Gets Pro Cooking Tips For Gwyneth Paltrow

by WENN | 03 September 2013

Coldplay singer Chris Martin urged celebrity chef Jamie Oliver to give his wife Gwyneth Paltrow a cooking lesson to fine-tune her skills in the kitchen.

The Shakespeare in Love actress has penned several cookery books since marrying the British rocker, but he is convinced she could do with some professional tips so he enlisted his pal Oliver to help.

The chef tells Britain's Daily Star newspaper, "I know Gwyneth because her husband Chris rang and asked if I'd give her a cookery lesson for her birthday. I'm a big Coldplay fan, and Gwyneth's a lovely woman, so it was a done deal.

"I spent the afternoon cooking in her kitchen, we made a slow roasted duck ragu and then a bunch of her friends came around to eat it."

source: http://www.contactmusic.com/story/chris-martin-gets-pro-cooking-tips-for-gwyneth-paltrow_3846866

This was Chris' gift to Gwyneth several birthdays ago. Not b/c he wanted Jamie to teach her how to cook, but rather b/c of Gwyneth's love for cooking. I don't even know why I attempted to explain that.