✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some relevant excerpts from: Gwyneth Paltrow's guide to Los Angeles

I was born in Los Angeles and my early childhood is imprinted in my brain: the memory of palm trees and the city’s specific light, harsh yet diffused at once – which I know doesn’t make sense. I remember my dad [the late director Bruce Paltrow ] driving me around to meetings when he was trying to get his career going.

To me LA is all about being outside. I have great memories of being little in California. Our house in Santa Monica had a pool, a tree house and pomegranate trees in the garden. Whenever I’m in the city I feel my brain works less hard. I’m not noticing everything everywhere because it’s all so familiar, whereas in London I’m constantly aware of everything – such as the blue plaques – because it’s still so foreign to me, even though I’ve lived there for 10 years. Los Angeles has the quality of home. I find it deeply tranquil. It’s my roots. But I’ve had a love-hate affair with the city over the years. It was fantastic when I was a child, but it wasn’t good for me in my twenties when I was dating and trying to make it as an actress. I felt lonely there. It’s a difficult city to discover yourself, because it is so spread out that you never quite know where you are supposed to be. But now, having a job and a family, it is fantastic.

My idea for the goop city guides app, which covers not just LA but New York and London too, came about because I’ve always been the person my friends call to find out where they should go in a city – for anything, right down to a good bikini wax. Because I’m so curious, wherever I travel I’m always pounding the pavement, asking locals a million questions. In fact, I originally started goop, my website, as a database for my friends. It’s such a big part of who I am and the app came out of that. There’s so much information out there that it’s nice to have someone whose taste you trust.

I always find that the hotel concierge in a particular city will recommend a restaurant that they say is great and in fact it’s terrible, so you waste your money. The recommendations on my app come directly from me, so they have to be good. You’ll find out about the best restaurants that really are tried and tested, and places you wouldn’t necessarily find on your own, but which a local would know. We designed the city guides app to be like a bookshelf, and I am effectively a curator sharing my experiences with you.

---

For a romantic dinner with Chris [Martin, her husband] we keep it casual, so the setting doesn’t have to be romantic. We love Giorgio’s, Il Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi (giorgiobaldi.us), which has been there since I was little and has simple dishes made with high-quality ingredients. Its corn ravioli with truffle sauce is beyond crazy; I could eat platefuls of it. Oh my God, it is so good. Yes, I eat pasta all the time – but I work out all the time too!

JUNE ISSUE EXCLUSIVE | WHEN EW MET GWYNETH PALTROW

Alexandria-Gouveia-and-Gwyneth-Paltrow.jpg

In a vast modern suite in the Caro hotel, Valencia, Gwyneth Paltrow is lounging on a sofa, dressed head-to-toe in Hugo Boss.

Her slippers are kicked off and she’s refreshingly un-Hollywood in her attitude, greeting me with a ‘best pal’ smile’ and politely ordering a pot of green tea and some vitamin C.

OK, so on first impressions she isn’t very rock ‘n’ roll, but, before you start jumping to the conclusion that she is the all-healthy eating, goody two shoes actress you imagined, I can tell you she is not.

During an exclusive interview with Gwyneth – who is the new ambassador of Boss Jour perfume, author of a best-selling cook book (It’s All Good), star of a Hollywood Blockbuster (Iron Man 3), wife to rockstar Chris Martin and super-mum to Moses, seven and Apple, nine – she revealed a dark and naughty side that is guaranteed to turn her critics into ardent fans.

Our verdict? She’s funny, down-to-earth, refreshingly normal and definitely wild – lest we forget she also once dated Ben Affleck, recently joked about her “70s-style” bikini line on the Ellen DeGeneres show and criticised the Met Gala, insulting Anna Wintour in the process, she’s obviously got nerve too.

Of course, you will need to buy the new June issue to read all about her “shady past”, but here’s a sneak peek to whet your appetite….

On having a “butt of a 23-year-old stripper”… “I’m very hardcore. Like every single day I will be dripping in sweat and gasping for breath during my workout. But I have to because I really eat food, and I don’t want to not drink wine.”

On her eating habits… “I’m never on a diet. I cut out processed foods and sugar. I don’t like processed food and I think it’s a big drain on your body and I have never been a sugar person really.”

On recently being voted the most beautiful woman in the word… “I was so flattered and so honoured. I literally thought that my publicist had emailed the wrong client. I read the email three times. I was like: ‘What? I’m 40. What’s happening?’”

On her marriage… “As a wife [my role] is about the time spent side by side with someone and the investment in each other.”

On cooking… “I get in the kitchen take off my shoes and get dirty in food. I feel like I creating something to nourish my family.”

EW-COVER-JUNE_2013_GWYNETH.jpg

Here's where she was headed:

BMqINdACMAI1PlA.jpg:large

link

Lending her support to a great cause, Gwyneth Paltrow added her autograph to a swanky Audi RS 6 Avant in London on Tuesday (June 11).

The “Shakespeare in Love” lady attended the launch of the new automobile as part of Elton John's White Tie & Tiara Charity ball where the car was auctioned off to raise money.

paltrow-061113-%20(4).jpg

link

She should be stateside soon, for that fete in Chicago in her honor (this weekend), plus the trade fair where she's talking about her personal brand.

Gwyneth Paltrow: Gene Siskel Film Center Gala Honoree!

Gwyneth Paltrow shows off her trophy while walking the carpet at the 2013 Gene Siskel Film Center Gala on Saturday evening (June 15) in Chicago, Ill.

The 40-year-old Iron Man 3 actress was the recipient of the Renaissance Award at the gala and she was joined by her pal Amanda de Cadenet while receiving the honor. She also participated in a discussion of her career at the event.

gwyneth-paltrow-gene-siskel-film-center-gala-honoree.jpg

More pics at the link.

http://www.justjared.com/2013/06/15/gwyneth-paltrow-gene-siskel-film-center-gala-honoree/

Gwyneth Paltrow glows on the red carpet in Chicago

jpeg

G wyneth Paltrow, recently named People magazine’s 2013 Most Beautiful Woman, certainly lived up to her title Saturday night. As the star hit the red carpet to be honored by the Gene Siskel Film Center with the Renaissance Award for career achievement at its “Summer Soiree,” the film critic’s widow, Marlene Iglitzen — herself a stunning beauty — quipped, “One thing for sure. None of us wants to stand next to her!”

On a more poignant note, Iglitzen said she and son Will Siskel had gone back to read Gene’s reviews of Paltrow over the years. “One of Gene’s last reviews, written in December 1998, was for ‘Shakepeare in Love.’ He loved the film and he loved Gwyneth in it,” said Iglitzen. For that performance, of course, Paltrow went on to win the best actress Oscar on March 21, 1999 — a month and a day after Gene Siskel’s death.

† Paltrow is a frequent Chicago visitor both to make films (“Proof,” “Contagion”) and to visit her high school best pal Julia Van Nice — and in fact lunched at RL before the gala with Van Nice and her daughter, who is Paltrow’s goddaughter.

The actress joked about being “always happy to visit this great city when it’s not freezing!”

† Informed on Saturday’s Ritz-Carlton Hotel red carpet about Kim Kardashian’s baby daughter with Kanye West, Paltrow diplomatically declined to give parenting advice to the new mom and dad. “They are very smart people. They will figure it out.”But on the eve of Father’s Day, she did tell this column the best advice her late father, director

Bruce Paltrow, gave her. “He told me that parenting will change as your children grow up. It will evolve more into becoming a friend to your children. … Now that I see my own kids getting older, I can see how that is true.”

† After dinner, Paltrow participated in a Q&A with longtime friend and veteran interviewer Amanda De Cadenet (“The Conversation”), during which she revealed that when asked to appear on “Glee” she was living in England and unaware of the Fox show’s popularity. She had agreed to appear simply because show creator Ryan Murphy was a good pal. Though she loved the script for her “Glee” episode, she said the grueling, 14-hour days were tough — especially when Murphy would spontaneously suggest she play the guitar to accompany a number, in the midst of complicated dance rehearsals.

Another Report Here

During the evening, Ellen Sandor, an alumna of the SAIC and 10-year member of the Gene Siskel Film Center’s Advisory Board, was honored for her leadership and major contributions to the film center. An honorable mention was also bestowed upon the late Roger Ebert and his legacy.

“It’s a privilege to honor Ms. Paltrow, one of the most versatile actresses working today, with the Gene Siskel Film Center’s award,” says Gene Siskel Film Center of the SAIC Executive Director Jean de St. Aubin. “The diversity of characters she has portrayed on the screen, from the deft romance and comedy of Shakespeare in Love and Sliding Doors, to her heart-rending performances in Proof and Contagion, is truly impressive. Audiences have come to know Ms. Paltrow from the honesty and intelligence she exudes, and we look forward to hearing about her inspirations and favorite memories when we celebrate her many accomplishments.”

Prior to the dinner, I chatted with Ms. Paltrow. On discussing what’s more challenging, her acting career or role as a mom, Ms. Paltrow shares, “They have different challenges. I think being a mother is challenging in a different way than doing ‘work work.’ I feel more personally challenged being a mother. It has offered me incredible opportunities to look at my own stuff and my own damage and to really try to parent consciously. Being a mom is exhausting; it’s 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, it’s the greatest thing I’ve ever done in my life. I adore my children [Apple, 9, and Moses, 7].”

Gwyneth Paltrow Credits Youthful Looks Down To 'Love And Sex'

June 21, 2013

Gwyneth Paltrow has one of the most sought after bodies in Hollywood thanks to her healthy lifestyle choice and personal trainer Tracy Anderson, but the actress also credits her figure down to a healthy sex life.

Speaking on how she manages to retain her youthful looks despite turining 41 year later this year and having two children, The Iron Man star admitted that far for having a secret weapon, she just enjoys life.

"Honestly, it’s pretty basic stuff, like exercise and self-discovery," she told Us Weekly, adding: "Looking at life as an opening and an adventure – and love and sex."

The Hollywood star recently admitted that her family’s welfare takes centre stage over everything, including her career, revealing that she only takes on one movie role per year to spend as much time with her children Apple and Moses and husband Chris Martin.

"I can only really do one film a year now because of my family and how it all works out, so it's so nice for me to be able to work (for Hugo Boss) as a spokesperson tool, you know," she told WWD.

Echoing the sentiment again in her newest interview, the Hollywood star gushed that her family means to world to her.

"You realise that the love you have for the people in your life, and their love for you, is all that matters."

Maybe it's time to hit ths sack!

gwy1s.jpg

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/118491/Gwyneth-Paltrow-Credits-Youthful-Looks-Down-To-Love-And-Sex