✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

Ugh...

Watch Out Gwyneth! ‘Vanity Fair’ Editor Graydon Carter Confirms Paltrow Takedown Piece Is A Go

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 @ 14:03PM | By radarstaff

Gwyneth Paltrow is shaking in her (probably very expensive) boots. Despite her complaints and a very public email-campaign to her A-list BFFs, Vanity Fair Editor-in-Chief Graydon Carter has confirmed that his magazine is set to publish a blockbuster takedown piece revealing the true Paltrow once and for all.

“We started a story on her,” he told The Times of London in an interview published this weekend. “We have a very good writer and it’ll run.”

The GOOP queen had previously emailed friends warning them not to cooperate with the author of the piece, and further, never to work with Vanity Fair again. Apparently, her pleas fell on deaf ears, because BFF Jay Z is the November cover boy, and she’ll grace the mag herself soon enough.

In fact, Carter says, Paltrow’s tantrum has made him even more determined to publish the piece. He explained, “Well, she sort of forced my hand.”

Despite its cushy reputation, Vanity Fair does not grant celebrities pre-publication approval of photos or text, Carter claims, explaining that publicists are “all p***ed off at us, but I can live with that.”

And if Paltrow, who recently moved back to L.A. from England, expects any differently, Carter says, she’s got a rude awakening coming to her.

“She’ll find Los Angeles very different and very difficult,” he says. “Some famous people believe that they live in a cone of celebrity that protects them … But it doesn’t really exist any more in L.A. unless they stay in.”

That has a lot to do with new 24/7 reality TV celebrities like the Kardashians, of whom Carter is no fan.

“Why are they ‘stars’?” he complains. “They are tabloid oddities who will disappear in ten minutes. I’m just weary of the phenomenon. And it’ll go away on its own.”

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/10/gwyneth-paltrow-vanity-fair-article-graydon-carter/

Maybe shes on her way to london now to avoid "vanity fair war" basing from just jared article

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what's in the article. I mean, except perhaps a murderer or something along those lines, she's been called pretty much every name by everyone.

"Gwyneth Paltrow: she disliked her husband's song Car Kids so much that she made it disappear from Coldplay's fifth album"

Now *that*would be dangerous for her :nod:

unless she has really harmed people, this reports about the article really baffle me. if it is very gossip-like and dig into her private/family life that non of us has business with, then it would be very skeevy and vindictive on the magazine's part. my guess is that this is much-a-do about nothing. i too hope that chris (or the band by extension) wouldn't be dragged into this and slammed in some way.

That's the thing, though, isn't it. What she did in her past or why she fell out with this friend or that friend, whatever. We don't want to see Chris or the band get dragged through anything, but doing an expose on someone would definitely include their personal life. I will not buy it.

Another cheating rumor with a literary agent. Whats this?

Do you believe everything you read in the tabloids? This is getting too aggravating.

I just saw Chris' pictures all over my tv this evening in the Access Hollywood opening story. I wish it were under better circumstances:-(

There's not going to be any bombshell in that Vanity Fair story. They're just using her name to sell the magazine. Perhaps people will realize what piece of trash it has become and will stop buying it 1x and for all.

To sell magazines. It's not enough to have someone everyone loves on the cover of a magazine, it's better to have someone everyone supposedly hates on the cover. I'm not sure whey VF would burn their bridges with Gwyneth, unless she did something to the editor personally.

It's my understanding that they approached Gwyneth to do an article with her assistance, but not liking the type of articles they'd run on other celebrities like Tom Cruise and Justin Timberlake, and not liking the general expose-type of direction the magazine had shifted, she declined and asked her friends not to participate in an article about her if VF should ask. Is that pretty close? This ticked off the editor, who, in my opinion, dug in his heels and will run an article out of spite. Even though I don't like anything that could cause strife to either her or Chris, I'm looking for it to be just smoke and nothing earth shattering. All the magazine has to do is create enough of a buzz to shift tons of copies and make a fortune. I will not be donating to their cause. She's been on the cover for them so many times and have made them so much money that I'm also surprised that they'd burn bridges with her, but I guess money and spite is important to some shallow people.

Gwyneth is London filming Mortdecai with Jonny Depp and others. It began last week.

Filming Begins on David Koepp’s Action-Comedy MORTDECAI Starring Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Ewan McGregor

Lionsgate has announced that principal photography has begun on Mortdecai. David Koepp‘s action comedy stars Johnny Depp as the roguish Charlie Mortdecai, an art dealer who finds himself in a race to recover a stole painting rumored to contain the code to a lost bank account filled with Nazi gold. The official plot synopsis adds some fun details like “angry Russians”, “Mi5″, “international terrorist,” and an “impossibly leggy wife”. It sounds a bit madcap and it could be a pretty fun flick.

Hit the jump for the press release. The film also stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Ewan McGregor, Paul Bettany, and Olivia Munn. Mortdecai will likely open some time next year

http://collider.com/mortdecai-filming-johnny-depp/

Let's nullify some of the haters with a nice little blog post:

The Greatest Celebrity Diner

The celebrity diner.

It’s inevitable to avoid them at a high-end, fine dining restaurant.

After working at several high-profile restaurants around the world over the years, seeing celebrity diners on any given night was pretty common. Mick Jagger, Kevin Costner, Cheech Marin, Geddy Lee of the band Rush (sigh), Oprah Winfrey, Carol Burnett, etc.. The list goes on and on. Let me tell you something about celebrity diners though. When they come through whatever restaurant they are dining at, they generally don’t have an interest in the restaurant they are at. Other than it being a place to eat and to be seen, you could serve them canned Spaghetti-O’s, and they wouldn’t know the difference. Although, Geddy Lee is a foodie and is an Epicurean in his own right.

One celebrity guest though, stands out amongst all the rest. It was the single, greatest, celebrity experience of my life. And of course, it happened at Charlie Trotter’s during my cooking tenure there. Of course, the night started off like any other night. It was common to look at the list of reservations and notate any dietary restrictions, return visits, VIP’s, etc.. The reservation list that night looked something like this:

6:00 PM Smith, Daniel Allergy to nuts and dairy

6:00 PM Allerton, Paul 3rd time visit. Ate Grand Menu and enjoyed the squab.

6:30 PM Tonnison, Jim Very picky eater. Disliked the Spanish blue fin. Ordered the ’82 Caymus Sp. Selection

6:30 PM Paltrow, G. VIP. Reservation made by her assistant. May be coming with C. Martin. Very nice.

6:30 PM Myland, Sarah Illinois teacher of the year. Celebrating award with family and friends.

7:00 PM Mallory, Rachel 1st time diner. Coming from Des Moines, IA to celebrate 10th anniversary.

7:00 PM Costello, Colleen Travel book writer and editor. VIP. Take great care. Super nice woman.

7:15 PM Allman, Perry Flying in from London just to eat here. Eats at Michelin restaurants all over Europe.

7:15 PM Wood, Kristin High-profile attorney here in Chicago. Loves foie gras. Loves red Burgundy.

Now, that was pretty much how a reservation list looked on any night. Dietary restrictions, what you ate the last time you dined, special celebrations, and pretty much any note that might make the experience that much better for the diner. However, did you notice one particular reservation in particular from above that stands out more than the others? Here, I’ll point it out for you:

6:30 PM Paltrow, G. VIP. Reservation made by her assistant. May be coming with C. Martin. Very nice.

So when we saw this, we knew immediately that Gwyneth Paltrow and her boyfriend (at that time), Chris Martin, were coming in for dinner. In case you don’t know who Chris Martin is, he is the lead singer for a little band called Coldplay. If you don’t know who Gwyneth Paltrow is, well…I feel for you. You should know who she is. With any other celebrities that I’ve cooked for, you treat them just like everyone else. Sure, you are a VIP, but at a place like Charlie Trotter’s, EVERYONE is a VIP. This isn’t to say though that we might do something a little extra for a VIP. With the case of Gwyneth and Chris, this would probably include a few extra courses and a tour of the restaurant, kitchen, and wine cellars. Especially if we knew that the guests in question were big into food and wine.

Needless to say, they arrived without a hitch and we were told they loved EVERYTHING they had that evening. But what really made the experience incredible for all of us in the kitchen that night was when they came back for a tour. At that point, we were busy putting out many of the 1500 plates of food we put out every night. Usually when someone came in on a tour, we would look up briefly to see who it was, and then continue on with our work. Mostly though, the guests went unnoticed because we were so busy with our food preparations. When Gwyneth and Chris walked in, we looked up. And stopped. And smiled. And she smiled back.

I think it goes without saying that Gwyneth Paltrow is a stunning woman. But to see her in person? Absolutely stunning and majestic. Tall and lean, she gracefully walked into the kitchen and had the biggest smile I’ve seen of any guest. What I didn’t know before that moment, was that she is a big-time foodie and wine geek. Her parents raised her well, in my opinion. As she and Chris were led around the kitchen by Marvin, our Maitre’D, she was so giddy and excited with what WE were doing. While we were excited by seeing her and Chris in the kitchen, she was even more excited to be in OUR presence. It was a very surreal experience, and she immediately took it upon herself to start asking questions to us about what we were doing.

Before we knew it, she had a chef’s coat on, and was helping us plate food – while Chris Martin was in the back eagerly talking to one of the cooks who had started washing pots and pans. Needless to say, she was a huge fan of his and Coldplay. All in all, they were in the kitchen with us for nearly 45 minutes. She was a natural when it came to food and knowing what to do with the plating of the food. She followed directions perfectly and never broke a sweat. I imagine in another life, she was a pretty damn good line cook. But in this life, she proved that she was a pretty damn good person despite her celebrity status. We were the celebrities in her eyes. For those 45 minutes, she was one of us.