✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Overview]: Suggest ideas here

Here's a quote I'd just like everybody to keep in mind, it's the approach I want this campaign to take.

"I'm sick and tired of party politics. You know, the left, the right - I'm sick of the left, I'm sick of the right. Even the liberals are giving me a pain in the ass. We need new solutions to new problems."-Bono in 1987

Don't bring your right and left wing agendas in here. We all respectfully accept your opinions, and OF COURSE we'll listen! :) But don't let this affect your views toward this campaign and what we want to do.

Thank you.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Danielle for bringing that up. :) MrCool, we'll give you a chance to explain why you don't like those charities...but for everyone, do keep in mind that one goal of this club is to promote a sense of unity, and divisive political agendas will only destroy that spirit. Thank you everyone for your understanding.

And just so you all know, the first post has been edited and is hopefully a little more clearer to first time visitors to this thread. :)

Also, if there is anyone here who is really familiar with the PayPal donation feature, could you please PM me? I need a bit of assistance. Thx!

Great first post Nadia! It's all nice and purty. Great job!

And also, I won't be able to meet online tonight. I have work all day and then babysitting in the evening. If you guys want to meet up Sunday, I can do so... anywhere after about 5:30 PM Easter time. :)

And yes Chris! Any donation is greatly appreciated. :D

Here's a quote I'd just like everybody to keep in mind, it's the approach I want this campaign to take.

"I'm sick and tired of party politics. You know, the left, the right - I'm sick of the left, I'm sick of the right. Even the liberals are giving me a pain in the ass. We need new solutions to new problems."-Bono in 1987

Don't bring your right and left wing agendas in here. We all respectfully accept your opinions, and OF COURSE we'll listen! :) But don't let this affect your views toward this campaign and what we want to do.

Thank you.

I'm to young to understand politics. :P

But no that is a good point to keep politics out of this. We have so many people here from so many countries it could become an issue if we allow political views and biases to creep in.

Right! We don't need any pointless arguments in here, it'll just get in the way and create bad blood.

Chris, that's cool if you just want to send 1 dollar!:) I'm positive if EVERYONE here donated just one dollar a month we could raise a LOT of money!!

• Like 1

Hey guys, sooo turns out we missed Earth Day by 2 days (:(), but it's not too late to celebrate it!

Take this Ecologocal Footprint Quiz to measure your 'ecological dent' and estimate how much productive land and water your lifestyle requires. This is quite an eye opener!

We could say that Western consumption culture has created a world where mass production of foods and material goods is the impetus for our society’s progress and growth. But by saying this, we are merely transferring the blame to a socially created ideal. We, the people, are the creators of our consumption culture, so the change needs to come from root levels. Hope the quiz gives everyone something to think about! :-)

Hey guys, sooo turns out we missed Earth Day by 2 days (:(), but it's not too late to celebrate it!

Take this Ecologocal Footprint Quiz to measure your 'ecological dent' and estimate how much productive land and water your lifestyle requires. This is quite an eye opener!

We could say that Western consumption culture has created a world where mass production of foods and material goods is the impetus for our society’s progress and growth. But by saying this, we are merely transferring the blame to a socially created ideal. We, the people, are the creators of our consumption culture, so the change needs to come from root levels. Hope the quiz gives everyone something to think about! :-)

I'm so liking this link cause I've been studying and working on sustainable development and I attended a lesson about the ecological footprint, thanks Nadia:)

• Like 1

Just bumping this up higher so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle (I really wish it could get stickied...:( ).

Nadia, Allie and I have been ironing out some details, just so you know. We'll be bringing you up to date about that very, very soon!

aw what a lovely thread! :nice:

i'd love to join.

only thing is i'd be pretty useless for a couple of months because it's my final year of high school and final exams. so after that i could definitely have a bigger involvement in this. i just wanted to express my interest :) just that i won't be able to help much until a few more months. :nice:

count me in too please, i always want to make a difference on issues such as this, i would be more than happy to contribute my money towards this, the thing is i dont have a credit card so i dont think i can use paypal, it may seem like a silly question but could i contribute by SMS (text message) somehow? because some services do use SMS.

this obviously ties in with everyday life for me since im an a level politics student, im studying pressure groups at the moment, and i would be intrested in a future in politics, so i would definetly join it, thanks for your time!!!

I would love to support this wonderful organization! From the moment I read the AROBTTH Liner Notes where it discussed the meaning and inspiration of Politik, I have been transformed into a person who is willing to help others. During the Live 8 Concerts last summer, I made it my utmost priority to get all of my friends to not only watch the concerts, but to donate their time or money to the ONE Organization. About 1/4 of my High School now sports the ONE Organization bracelets.

Therefore, I am willing to help spread the word about the Coldplay Charity Club throughout my neighborhood and school! Please add my name to the list!

Thanks and congrats on such a wonderful and meaningful idea!

-ColdplayJoe

• Like 2

There's no special thing you have to do, just give us your support and help us come up with ideas!:) Maybe add the link provided on the first post to your signature, and when we get it all set up perfectly, you can donate a couple bucks to our paypal account (which will go to a charity!).

Thanks for the interest, guys!

• Like 1

Hahahaha, well, someone was fighting with me about politics in another thread and all I kept thinking was "this person needs to stop and LISTEN!" then I thought of the song and laughed my ass off. LMFAO

Vanilla Ice ROCKS! Or uh... RAPS?