✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

icon1.gif

^Aww yeah Coldplay definitely have that soothing relaxational healing effect when you start to like them .... but then you forget about it or it kind of goes away after like half a year ... :\

But I don'tk now, I haven't listened in a months, maybe they're still like that.

I don`t know you ANNA but i've listened to them since i was a child and i'm gonna be 20 and i still feeling the same emotion!...

"Starlight", i fell the same way you do!... You're not the only one who needs coldplay to feel there are many reasons to just go forward in life... there are some days you feel like the whole world is pushing you down or that you have been swallowed by the sea and you feel there's nothing or no one else that can cheer you up, but then you remember there is a magic music that plays a band named coldplay and you just listen to it, and that's all to find the light in a dark and dangerous road!-... and it never got tired to listen and feel it.

I just have to THANK COLDPLAY!

Yeah, sometimes people like a band because they sound 'cool' or they just want some indie cred.

But I love Coldplay because they are the reason why I'm living.

Didnt know where to put this but this seems like a good place!!I was reading some reviews from before on coldplays albums and a lot of the time they get compared to Radiohead,which is understandable. But doesnt it seem kind of annoying to anyone?Yea they have their influences and bands often get compared to other bands.I dont know to me it just gets kind of old.I dont even think Radiohead is all that good.I mean i recognize that a lot of people think they are a good band but just not for me.

Didnt know where to put this but this seems like a good place!!I was reading some reviews from before on coldplays albums and a lot of the time they get compared to Radiohead,which is understandable. But doesnt it seem kind of annoying to anyone?Yea they have their influences and bands often get compared to other bands.I dont know to me it just gets kind of old.I dont even think Radiohead is all that good.I mean i recognize that a lot of people think they are a good band but just not for me.

Oh wow...me and Chelsea (ApproximatelyInfinite) were just talking about this!

I love Radiohead, but comparing them to Coldplay is one of the most ridiculous things in the world.

I've just had a vision of the future.

Coldplay - Prospekt (19/05/08)

"I won't beat around the bush. Absolutely stunning album - everything you could want from a Coldplay album. Masterpiece. 5 stars."

And if Pitchfork said that....then that would be like the climax of the history of the existence of earth! :D

:lol:

Thats true, they called X&Y bland if I remember rightly.

Ugh, yeah I remember that. But then again...they seem to call a lot of things bland. :dozey:

If it's not an indie band that no one's ever heard of, it's automatically crap to them. Which is pretty stupid to me.

100% agreed. i love love love radiohead, but coldplay will always be my #1. and i just hate how people seem to think that radiohead is of more critical or artistic worth or something just because theyre more experimental and radical. coldplay is amazing (to me) for different reasons, and because of that, i can't compare them. i just dont think theyre worth any less just because theyre slightly more mainstream or public or whatever. theyre hardly the same in any venue, so i cant understand any musical comparisons beyond pablo honey. and all the waning coldplay love in favor of radiohead, while its slightly understandable, makes me sad. i just dont feel like coldplay has done anything to deserve the desertion that seems to be going on a bit. of course, to each their own, but i dont think we can make any judegements on them until we see what LP4 is like. THEN we can talk about what their future is.

Ugh, yeah I remember that. But then again...they seem to call a lot of things bland. :dozey:

If it's not an indie band that no one's ever heard of, it's automatically crap to them. Which is pretty stupid to me.

They gave Pink Floyd's Animals a perfect 10, and they gave well-known indie band Spoon a 8.5 on their last album. And In Rainbows got a 9.3.

But for the most part, yeah, they're pretty elitist. Enough so that I found this article pretty funny:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/pitchfork_gives_music_6_8

^ yeah, me too.

i've read a bunch of bad reviews about albums i actually love. so i don't really care what other people say unless their opinion is important to me.

on top of that there's just too many people bashing coldplay. i guess i'll never get their point.

on top of that there's just too many people bashing coldplay. i guess i'll never get their point.

Neither will I. And the thing is, when they bash Coldplay, it's always the same, lame excuse. 'Oh they are so boring...they aren't 'experimental' enough.'

Simplicity can be just as beautiful and ingenious. Besides, the lyrics are the number one thing that made me fall in love with Coldplay.

^ speaking of simplicity... i think that's one of the reasons why i love them so much. the "in my place" guitar riff isn't complicated at all yet they create a beautiful atmosphere!

I'm in a weird place in my relationship with Coldplay - I don't like them as much as Coldplay fans, and I don't hate them as much as the haters. I can always see where the critics are coming from, but I recognize that there is value in the music that they are dismissing as well. Most critics are people who demand edgier music, or least sophisticated music. There is no denying that Coldplay's music is not edgy, and to a point it is not very sophisticated either (read: to a point). However, many people don't need their music to be edgy or sophisticated, so in that sense, critics are simply wrong. But the critic can never be completely right, because somebody will always disagree with him.

On the sophistication note:

As a musician, I feel that A Rush Of Blood To The Head is the least musically sophisticated of Coldplay's albums. Parachutes has some interesting time signature quirks and some interesting chord uses, while X&Y has some very solid songwriting. The promise of new avenues on the upcoming album is what excites me the most.

Again, though, musical sophistication does not have a direct connection with good music.