✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

while the board was down, i had SEVERAL random coldplay moments! this one is my fave, though:

i was talking to my brother on AIM and he was talking about this me-box he had to make for his health class (basically a box containing things that describe himself), and he had to put something secret on the inside. so this is a bit of our conversation:

MY BROTHER: oh yeah you know my me box i was talking about?

ME: yeah

MY BROTHER: on the inside is suppose to be a secret thing

ME: ...

MY BROTHER: so i put the x and y album cover in there and will say my secret is i like coldplay

ME: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ME: OMG

ME: BEST. SECRET. EVER.

MY BROTHER: hahahahaha

ME: AHHHHHHHHHH

i about died of happiness!

oh, and that adorable pic of chris with moses on his shoulders was in random notes of the most recent issue of rolling stone (with thom yorke on the cover). i squeed when i saw it, because i wasnt expecting radiohead and coldplay in the same issue:

attachment.php?attachmentid=24886&stc=1&d=1200418784

it's next to a pic of anthony kiedis and his baby, everly bear.

the caption in RS reads:

"despite their differing preferences in climate--one's a hot chili pepper, the other likes to play in the cold--something that anthony kiedis and chris martin can agree on is that being a dad is rad. in new york, martin bundled up with his wee tot moses, and on the west side, kiedis smothered his son, everly bear.

i thought this was very cute :baby:

Today i was listening to a cd i burned of A Rush of Blood to the Head backwards. I think a while back i downloaded it from the media section here.Coldplays songs are naturally great!!But even when you play them in reverse they are pretty good as well!! You get different melodies that sound aweomse when you play them backwards and chris singing backwards is wierd but cool at the same time.I find myself singing along to the scientist and in my place when its played in reverse haha!!

Today i was listening to a cd i burned of A Rush of Blood to the Head backwards. I think a while back i downloaded it from the media section here.Coldplays songs are naturally great!!But even when you play them in reverse they are pretty good as well!! You get different melodies that sound aweomse when you play them backwards and chris singing backwards is wierd but cool at the same time.I find myself singing along to the scientist and in my place when its played in reverse haha!!

know anything about 'reverse speech'? it's interesting, don't have to believe in but it's interesting. just google it.

found something on you tube today! look and listen!!!! in my place reversed with lyrics! :shocked2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nr6r2mM--U

god, the scientist backwards makes my life...though i consider myself a HUGE nerd because i know all the words to it and it gets stuck in my head.

yesterday was a very coldplay day for me: the first thing i did when i woke up at 7AM was come here to see if coldplay were ACTUALLY on jimmy kimmel live. they werent, so i was quite disappointed and trudged off to class through the ice and rain. but later on in the day i got a package from my mom which contained, among other things, the issue of Q magazine with chris on the cover!! on the page with the coldplay article, she put a post it saying "DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU READ THIS. never mind, i know you wont," and it was really cute, so that made my day 10 times better. then after dinner i checked coldplaying again (because i'm addicted) and there was a new prospekt entry!!!! it was wonderful.

rachael, new sig???

Uh-huh...

god, the scientist backwards makes my life...though i consider myself a HUGE nerd because i know all the words to it and it gets stuck in my head.

yesterday was a very coldplay day for me: the first thing i did when i woke up at 7AM was come here to see if coldplay were ACTUALLY on jimmy kimmel live. they werent, so i was quite disappointed and trudged off to class through the ice and rain. but later on in the day i got a package from my mom which contained, among other things, the issue of Q magazine with chris on the cover!! on the page with the coldplay article, she put a post it saying "DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU READ THIS. never mind, i know you wont," and it was really cute, so that made my day 10 times better. then after dinner i checked coldplaying again (because i'm addicted) and there was a new prospekt entry!!!! it was wonderful.

Ooo, what a cool day that would have been...which reminds me, I need to get my sub in for the Rolling Stones mag.

I was reading this article in the Rolling Stones mag about Jay-Z, and then I remembered "He know Chris, doesn't he..." so I skipped everything in frantic search for a little paraghraph about Chris.

It read something like:

You're buddies with Chris Martin.

Yeah we met at the (something or rather) last year and...I've never met such a genuine guy...

That's all I can remember but that's all he really said about Chris anyway.

ok, so today i was in gap and the song that they were playing had these lyrics:

...He calls his mom, says he’s doing fine

She’s got somebody on the other line

Puts Coldplay on, pours a glass of wine

Curls up with a book about organized crime...

and my roommate knows i love coldplay (because of all the posters in our room :rolleyes:) and looked at me and we both cracked up. it was hilarious, and the second i came back to the dorm (right now) i looked up that line in google and found it was a Fountains of Wayne song called "someone to love." but it was still hilarious.

also, yesterday, i was listening to shiver on my stereo when my cell phone rang. my ringtone is also shiver, and it was EXACTLY that point in the song that the ringtone is excerpted from! so it was like all of a sudden the song was coming from two different places in my room. it was the coolest thing.

^^Hahaha yeah I've heard that Fountains of Wayne song. It's kinda catchy, and I probably kinda like it more than I should because of the Coldplay mention. :P

'Clocks' has been my ringtone for the longest time. And I don't think I'll be changing it for awhile. :D