✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I dreamt that I was reading a magazine with headline 'Jonny quits' :stunned::shocked2: I had a freaking heartattack and woke up !!

I think the dream was due to a tv show I was watching last night about Robbie Williams quiting Take That :laugh3:

tomorrow's april fool's day...and we all know something ridiculous surfaces in this section on that day :dozey:

i wonder if coldplay/prospekt is going to mess with us by posting something on the site? that seems like something they'd get a laugh out of. then again, if there's official, plausible news on the main site, like the tracklisting, i think i'll believe it regardless of the date. but if prospekt writes "screw it, we've scrapped the entire thing," i know they just like messing with us.

anyway. i think we've just got to be careful of what we read on here tomorrow to avoid any needless heart attacks or explosions!

well, i was talking more on this board than from coldplay themselves, but there was some weird coldplay april fool's joke in the past that i didn't really get. i was just saying that we shouldn't believe every thread we read tomorrow, because i figure that there's bound to be one that says "NEW STAR--PROSPEKT POSTED VIOLET HILL" or something so we all rush over to the site and there's nothing there. or something to that effect :D

we're learning about japanese samauri in one of my classes, and yesterday my teacher was reading aloud from the hagakure, which is like a book of their rules and way of life. this is one of the quotes that he read:

"When faced with a crisis, if one puts some spittle on his earlobe and exhales deeply through his nose, he will overcome anything at hand. This is a secret matter. Furthermore, when experiencing a rush of blood to the head, if one puts spittle on the upper part of one’s ear, it will soon go away."

i think i'm going to put spit on my ear the next time i listen to AROBTTH to see if it makes it even better! :laugh4:

needless to say, when he read that, i snorted a laugh audibly. everyone kinda looked at me funny, but it's such an outrageous quotation anyway that they probably just figured i was laughing at how dumb it was, not the coldplay reference that they didn't pick up on.

at uni I have this course with different people from basically everywhere (people who attend sciences, history, psychology, english, french, law studies..etc..) and well, it's an English course during which we have to make oral presentations about topics from the news. And so today there was this guy and I just realised TODAY how much he looked like Young Will Champion in his early twenties !! It was SO disturbing I couldnt stop staring at him the whole time !! and then I was just imagining him playing th drums and stuff, and actually acting like Will Champion ahahah !!

I thought I needed to share this because I still cant get over it :lol:

im a lucky ass

my brother, solve sundsbo (in norwegian sølve sundsbø) made the picture on " a rush of blood to the head" :o on my birth day solve, my brother gave my a coldplay signature :D it stod: hay snorre (snorre is my name), happy birth day, love coldplay their names:P:P:D we live in a beautiful worl! or what say you?:P:cool: by the way, the piano wersion of yellow is the most beautifull peace of music i`v ever herd!!

^

:stunned:

are you SERIOUS?!

your brother is an AMAZING artist!

thanks:P im prouvd :P:D thanks to him i discoverd coldplay! and today im one of coldplays bigest fan! befor i herd the piano werson of yellow i didnt care about music. but today i play piano gutiar and i listn to all day long, today becous of coldplay music is my life!!:)

at uni I have this course with different people from basically everywhere (people who attend sciences, history, psychology, english, french, law studies..etc..) and well, it's an English course during which we have to make oral presentations about topics from the news. And so today there was this guy and I just realised TODAY how much he looked like Young Will Champion in his early twenties !! It was SO disturbing I couldnt stop staring at him the whole time !! and then I was just imagining him playing th drums and stuff, and actually acting like Will Champion ahahah !!

I thought I needed to share this because I still cant get over it :lol:

o my gosh i wish i was in your class!!!! :cry:

i wonder if he's a coldplay fan .......

o my gosh i wish i was in your class!!!! :cry:

i wonder if he's a coldplay fan .......

well you know he's not in my class. I only see him once a week and I'm not even sure i'll see him again because my uni year is almost over (tomorrow I'll be on a two-week break and then I'll have a week of exams, and then it's over).

and plus, it's only my own perception.. he might not look like Will at all to you :laugh3: (even if he really does!!!!:P)

I mean this in a totally straight way but;

I wonder how many of the guy's RIGHT now, are naked!

:lol:

why in hell would you ever wonder that ?! :dozey:

like I've never wondered that myself..... :rolleyes::P

my brother, solve sundsbo (in norwegian sølve sundsbø) made the picture on " a rush of blood to the head" :o on my birth day solve, my brother gave my a coldplay signature :D it stod: hay snorre (snorre is my name), happy birth day, love coldplay their names:P:P:D we live in a beautiful worl! or what say you?:P:cool: by the way, the piano wersion of yellow is the most beautifull peace of music i`v ever herd!!

:stunned:

That's so cool!!!!!

That's gotta be one of, if not my ultimate favourite album art of all time. I've even drawn it on several occasions I love it so much.

Although I think I read somewhere that the person who designed it was asian (chinese / japanese, can't remember exactly), but I'm probably wrong anyway. Either way, welcome to the board 'sundsbo' :nice:

Yep, I was wrong.

From wikipedia:

Clocks_single.jpg

Clocks Single Art

'The single cover, created by Sølve Sundsbø, depicts lead singer Chris Martin with his hands folded on a glass table. The drawing perspective is looking from below the table.'

200px-The_scientist_cover_art.JPG

The Scientist Single Art

The single cover features drummer Will Champion, art-directed by Sølve Sundsbø.

GodPutASmileUponYourFace.jpg

GPASUYF Single Art

The single cover features bassist Guy Berryman, art-directed by Sølve Sundsbø.

In_My_Place.jpg

In My Place Single Art

The single cover features guitarist Jon Buckland, art directed by Sølve Sundsbø.

Oooh, and I've found an interesting interview about where the album art actually came from, and how it was created:

Sølve Sundsbø's best shot

'Chris Martin came across the image and said he wanted it for a Coldplay LP cover'

Thursday February 14, 2008

I did this for the fashion magazine Dazed and Confused in the late 1990s. They wanted something with a technological feel, something all white. As a photographer, you try to do stuff that hasn't been done before, which is virtually impossible, so I suggested taking a shot with a three-dimensional scanning machine.

These devices use technology that was developed for American air force pilots, to get their helmets to fit their heads better. You sit still while a computer goes all around you, hanging from an arm. Afterwards, you can look at the scan from any angle.

The model, named Mim, had to wear all-white makeup, because you get the best results that way, but in this image she was also wearing a cape with a coloured twill. The computer couldn't read the colours, so it replaced them with spikes. I decided to keep them. The machine only scanned in 30cm segments too, so it chopped her head in half.

A_Rush_of_Blood_to_the_Head.jpg

When I first saw the result, I was terrified. I thought it was so beautiful, but I was sure the magazine was never going to run it. The fashion editor absolutely adored the pictures, however. They were the lead story that month.

Then Chris Martin saw the magazine. He approached me and said he wanted the image for the cover of Coldplay's latest LP, A Rush of Blood to the Head. He wanted something really iconic, he said, and asked what we could do for the singles. I suggested scanning the four members of the band for the four different releases. I suspect they were hugely disappointed when they met me - I think they expected some kind of German scientist. The album was hugely successful, which was nice. I can think of a lot worse images to be associated with. It is unique.

· Interview by Leo Benedictus.

· Sølve Sundsbø's work is at Spring House, London, until March 20. Details: 020-7428 7166. springprojects.com

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/art/photography/story/0,,2256244,00.html

I know, its so cool. I don't know why I didn't bother finding out how it was made sooner. And I love the fact that the final render was a result of lots of little mistakes, like the spikes coming off the model and the head cut in half. I always thought it was intentional! Still, its a great piece of art.