✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Rachael! I :heart: your sims coldplay!!!!!

They're cool aren't they. I might post a video of me makingthem do weird things (maybe Chris playing drums or Jonny cooking pancakes, who knows) but again, I didn't make them...I wish I could

I just realized how good 'Clocks' is. I've been a fan for damn near five years, and it just came to me. Always thought it was a good song, but just right now it hit me how great it honestly is. Still not my favourite, but it serves as a good track to follow. It reaffirms for me the value of this art the boys create, that after a long time scouring their songs for every appreciable nook and crater, one can still find something novel in it.

Felt like sharing. Toodles.

walking to lunch, my friend turned to me and said "i just cannot stop listening to coldplay's 'till kingdom come.' its the most perfect relationship song ever."

and i squeed in happiness :nice:

I still remember an eamil my friend sent me and she worte something like "It's thanks to you that I listen to awesome bands such as muse and Coldplay" and when I read it I exploded with happiness :nice: :D

Today in my French class we were talking about a poem from Senegal and I almost gasped while the teacher was talking about it because it has a really close translation of the line form 42, "Those who are dead are not dead, they're just living in my head" the French poem said:

les morts ne sont pas morts

(those who are dead are not dead)

And it repeated a few more variations of the phrase and said where the dead actually were. I wonder if this actually has anything to do with the new album, because of all the African connections it will seem to have.

Just throwing that out.

Yeah, I have the whole thing. And the chance of Chris reading a whole poem in French and being inspired by it is pretty small, but it was just surprising to find that many similarities.

Souffles

par Birago Diop

Ecoute plus souvent

les choses que les êtres.

La voix du feu s’entend,

entends la voix de l’eau

écoute dans le vent

le buisson en sanglots.

C’est le souffle des ancêtres...

Ceux qui sont morts ne sont jamais partis

ils sont dans l’ombre qui s’éclaire

et dans l’ombre qui s’épaissit,

les morts ne sont pas sous la terre:

ils sont dans l’arbre que frémit,

ils sont dans le bois qui gémit,

ils sont dans l’eau qui coule,

ils sont dans l’eau qui dort,

ils sont dans la cave, ils sont dans la foule:

les morts ne sont pas morts.

Ecoute plus souvent

La voix du feu s’entend,

entends la voix de l’eau

écoute dans le vent

le buisson en sanglots.

C’est le souffle des ancêtres,

le souffle des ancêtres morts,

qui ne sont pas partis,

qui ne sont pas sous terre,

qui ne sont pas morts.

heh, i was looking at photos of rooms in some of the residence halls at my college because i have to pick where i want to live next year by next week. so i was looking at the photos, and in the photo that represents the building i live in currently, there's a coldplay poster over the bed!

room3.jpg

(all the way at the back there, at the center of the photo above the bed)

is it sad that i can tell it's a coldplay poster even when it's that small? well, i have the same exact one, so i suppose it's not that sad :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have the whole thing. And the chance of Chris reading a whole poem in French and being inspired by it is pretty small, but it was just surprising to find that many similarities.

Souffles

par Birago Diop

Ecoute plus souvent

La voix du feu s’entend,

entends la voix de l’eau

écoute dans le vent

le buisson en sanglots.

C’est le souffle des ancêtres...

Ceux qui sont morts ne sont jamais partis

ils sont dans l’ombre qui s’éclaire

et dans l’ombre qui s’épaissit,

les morts ne sont pas sous la terre:

ils sont dans l’arbre que frémit,

ils sont dans le bois qui gémit,

ils sont dans l’eau qui coule,

ils sont dans l’eau qui dort,

ils sont dans la cave, ils sont dans la foule:

les morts ne sont pas morts.

Ecoute plus souvent

La voix du feu s’entend,

entends la voix de l’eau

écoute dans le vent

le buisson en sanglots.

C’est le souffle des ancêtres,

le souffle des ancêtres morts,

qui ne sont pas partis,

qui ne sont pas sous terre,

qui ne sont pas morts.

Beautiful poem ;)

heh, i was looking at photos of rooms in some of the residence halls at my college because i have to pick where i want to live next year by next week. so i was looking at the photos, and in the photo that represents the building i live in currently, there's a coldplay poster over the bed!

room3.jpg

is it sad that i can tell it's a coldplay poster even when it's that small? well, i have the same exact one, so i suppose it's not that sad :rolleyes:

not sad at all !! you should take that room :rolleyes:

isnt it in an episod of 24 that there's a huge poster of parachutes cd cover on the wall ?!

room3.jpg

No, it's not sad. It's exciting. And the funny part for me is that I have that exact same poster in the exact same spot on the wall over the head of my bed too!

Random Coldplay thought:

Today my mom and I were heading out for a walk around our block. She pointed to her white gym shoes and said, "Look! I have Coldplay shoes." :laugh3:

So we know Chris said this in an interview:

I do have a song called ''Goose Abuse,'' which goes like this: ''I wouldn't say boo to a goose, because boo to a goose would be goose abuse.''

So I'm sure you can all imagine when I laughed out loud as I was looking for books for my daughter at the library and found a book titled - no shit -

Boo to a Goose

I about died laughing in the children's book section. I'm sure the other people there thought I was insane!:lol::lol::lol:

^^ :lol: If I would have been there, I would have thought too you were insane !

but awww.. I've never heard of that interview :confused:

Random thought : I had a dream in which Chris and Guy were promoting VLVODAAHF on a French TV show. I was all :shocked2::stunned::shocked2::stunned: !!! I went here on Coldplaying right away to let you guys know :laugh3:

strangely, Guy had short hair as in 2000 and seemed quite bored about the album... :\ and Chris was, well, the same Chris answering questions and stuff..

this waiting thing is starting to get me :dozey:

weird dream Chavi:\

i've already posted here a coldplay thought which about Frida Khalo and now i've another one lol:laugh3:

today in philosophy class we started Art section and the professor brought some picrures of artists and one of them was a picture of Frida and he said "do someone know this artist?"

of course i was the first one to say yes, i was soo shocked because it's a big coincidance ( it happened to me two times)

between it's cool :D

^:)Oh yeah, I remember you saying that. And now again. So funny. Thats great some people have funny random moments twice, yet some people like me dont even have one. Oh well.

ah yeah like you

lol:laugh3:

so how are you today Ravi??