• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crests

• squareonefivesix

• newpalaceplayer

• LibbyMew

Actually i haven't even seen mew stuff with my own two eyes. ^ i went to that store and they only had the label :( that said "mew", cds were on order or something.

Chadstone store also did not have them yet either.

StarsKay mentioned HMV-- i haven't checked there.

i looked at any music store on swanston street but i either have really bad eyesight or no luck.

sorry couldn't be of any more help.

good luck on the quest i'm sure one of us will find this elusive mew album.

Actually i haven't even seen mew stuff with my own two eyes. ^ i went to that store and they only had the label :( that said "mew", cds were on order or something.

Chadstone store also did not have them yet either.

StarsKay mentioned HMV-- i haven't checked there.

i looked at any music store on swanston street but i either have really bad eyesight or no luck.

sorry couldn't be of any more help.

good luck on the quest i'm sure one of us will find this elusive mew album.

when did you go check at JB? i got glass handed kites i think two weeks ago... but i had to ask them as i saw an empty section where mew should be too. then they went out the back and they had one copy that had come in the day before. so i was lucky i suppose... but yeah keep trying JB. i'm looking for their dvd...

You have know idea how happy I was to hear "She Came Home for Christmas." For some reason I really didn't expect them to play it. :)

how exciting, good for you, and them, that song is great imo. and the imagery, wow. picsssssss?!

i'm looking for their dvd...

i've been looking for the dvd as well, however, since it was made [primarily] for their danish fans (they guys talk in danish and there are no subtitles etc) the only place you can officially order it from is cdon.com and through the EU etc. however, unofficially, you will see some pop-up on ebay or amazon, check them out but as expected they cost heaps :\

hmv, jb hi-fi and lastly sanity (if you really must lol) sell the mew albums however jb hi-fi is the only place to sell tzb single which i had to snatch up!!!

oh! well i hope they have some next time i go. i didn't even know there was a dvd hehe.

oh in reply to an earlier post...i thought one of the members left cos of a riff good to see it wasn't, but couldn't he still be in the band even if he was gona be a dad?

GUYS! I'm seeing MEW TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 8am, and I barely slept a wink. (guess why?)

I'm bouncing off the walls right now with excitement.

:dance::dance::dance:

fajehkajehfa. I can't even make coherent sentences, I'm that excited. Oy, this day can't go by fast enough!!

:heart::heart::heart:

Mew. Me. Tonight. Oh god. Life is good right now.

Aww, i saw you were counting the days some time ago and now it's here :lol:

I hope you'll have a great time! And also that the others understand how great they actually are! Take loooaaads of pics and enjoy every second, it's hard not to enjoy though, haha

I'm so happy for you! And i'm reeally looking forward to hearing how it was like

:dance: :dance:

Frengers is a different kind of album than "And The Glass Handed Kires", but it includes SO many great songs as well..Not to even mention Am I Wry?No (the opening track), Comforting Sounds (the closing track) and everything between those two actually :lol:

GUYS! I'm seeing MEW TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 8am, and I barely slept a wink. (guess why?)

I'm bouncing off the walls right now with excitement.

:dance::dance::dance:

fajehkajehfa. I can't even make coherent sentences, I'm that excited. Oy, this day can't go by fast enough!!

:heart::heart::heart:

Mew. Me. Tonight. Oh god. Life is good right now.

OHHHHH NADIA, HAVE AN AMAZING TIME! :D

i'm sooooooooo excited for you, haha so excited even i'm having trouble containing my excitement that you'll be seeing them LIVE! how insane! lol you are so lucky, all i can say is get pics with everyone, because you definitely will have the opportunity too...ahh take pics and well, :dance: :D :nice: :heart:

MEW!

MEW!

MEW!

@Kekita, from mewsite, this is what was posted at the time of Johan's exit:

To step out of this band is one of the most terrifying things I have done in my entire life. But it is a necessary step because my life has entered a new and important phase.

I have dedicated most of my adult life to the dream I had with my three very close friends Silas, Jonas and Bo. Mew will always be my band, there is no doubt about that. Sure it wont be the same band without me, but I know it can be something new and exciting. I know that Silas, Jonas and Bo will embrace the new creative challenges with the same musical curiosity and backwards thinking that the band always has.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you out there who have believed in and supported Mew. I am very proud of what we have accomplished; the big concerts, the platinum and gold selling records in Denmark, and the insisting on always doing things in our own way!

On top of this I of course feel very privileged and honoured to have experienced the loyal support from Mew fans all over the world. Thank you everyone for making this period in my life so special.

Johan

there is a little more before that posted by silas, bo and jonas :) but yeah, still a loving family lol just minus one, but even johan has, with his wife, formed a musical duo so he's still in the music scene! :)

I just got home.

It's 3 am.

My mind is still spinning (in the best of all possible ways).

As much as I'd love to stay up, and write up what happened and post photos.....I HAVE TO GO TO BED.

All I will say for now is that they completely blew my mind. The energy, the sights and sounds, the vibrations thru my body.....

And I got to meet them too!!

I'll post properly once I've had some sleep and come down from Cloud #9.

:dead::dead:

Mew = :heart:

I just got home.

It's 3 am.

My mind is still spinning (in the best of all possible ways).

As much as I'd love to stay up, and write up what happened and post photos.....I HAVE TO GO TO BED.

And I got to meet them too!!

I'll post properly once I've had some sleep and come down from Cloud #9.

:dead::dead:

Mew = :heart:

oh wow, you must come back soon Nadia and tell us everything :dead: :D

i'm thrilled you got to meet them, and even moreso that you have pics! woohoo! :dance:

gosh, MEW:heart: to see them live would be surreal. after you've come down from the the high lol [if that's possible] please post the setlist? :wacko:

i am really really really jealous and amazed nadia, god you saw them.... then got to meet them, thats amazing!!

i so want to see them live, maybe wheni go overseas i'll make a date. i still hold out hope they will support bloc party this august. *fingers crossed*

I just downloaded "And The Glass Handed Kites" from Itunes, and I was blown away. This music is absolutely brilliant! :D

I'm going to try to buy "Frengers" later this week, too. I hope it's even half as good as this album.

oh don't worry, its better. well thats my opinion :D

mew = danish waffles with awesomeness jam :D

Thanks you guys for sharing the excitement with me!!! :kiss:

I'm so shattered this morning.....hardly got any sleep! I kept reliving the concert all night long. :stunned: :stunned:

I've got to head off to classes, but I'll share my photos and stories tonight. Don't be expecting toooo much from my photos :confused: .....The lighting was awful to capture anything amazing, but I tried! (I thought about not taking any photos actually, and just enjoying it in the moment, but then I thought of all of you guys and figured you'd be bummed if I came back with nothing) :laugh3:

^ :lol: .. yea i think that's very true, we could've been really bummed!

but i'm still looking forward for them anyways :D

and im soo happy for you Nadia.. its so cool that you got to see them. and that they had that much affect on you! :nice:

awesome. the program i was talking about can convert audio too. at the moment i'm converting the 4 songs mew played on rhapsody one (found on youtube) into 192kbps mp3 stereo audio. WOOHOO!! expect an upload in the next few days!

for a while i felt like i was forgetting something and finally i know that somewhere in my subconscious i was waiting for this upload lol did it pull through? those 4 acoustic versions are really good :D

btw what program are you using to rip videos and make conversions?

Nadia, i woke up this morning anticipating your review of the oregon gig. i can't wait, and i'm glad you thought of us when taking those pics, even if they don't turn out amazing, it's the thought that means a lot :) i still can't believe you met them lol woOow !! :heart:

lol, sorry Kathy! Today was a crazy day, and I didn't get around to writing anything up. I better do it soon though...before the fine details fade away!!

For now, I'll just post a small teaser for you..... to wet your palette. ;)

img2956eo4.jpg

img2936ao8.jpg

img29281fv0.jpg

Actually, I think it's safe to say those are the only photos that came out decent. :P Like I mentioned, they are reeeally grainy. And I think my lens was dirty. :dozey: .......I'll post the photos of me and Mew together later. :sneaky:

----

If you guys are looking to convert files either from your HD or from a url (ie. youtube, google vid etc) use this site: http://www.media-convert.com/

It's amazing!! You don't even need to download a program....you enter in the specifics, and it spits out a download link (a la rapidshare-style). Check it out! I've been ripping so many Mew vids off YouTube, and putting them on my iPod. :D

Btw, I'm still in a semi-state of shock/amazement from the concert last night. It's been exactly 24hours since it ended!

:D:D:D:D:D

OH WOW NADIA! you were SO close! i wish i was there :dance: we would've shown everyone who the real stars of the show were ~ MEW! :heart:

thanks a lot for the pics. has anyone else noticed the change in fashion of the guys? very slick imo compared to days when Jonas couldn't get enough of that zombie shirt :lol: but they still look really good...my eyes are fixated on Jonas. oh Bo cut his hair! he was looking quite raunchy but either length suits him! what was the setlist like? [that is more than a teaser ~ i am looking forward to the rest! :)]

thanks for the link, i'm off to do the same hehei think your excitement is rubbing off on everyone!

:D:D:D:D:D

OH WOW NADIA! you were SO close! i wish i was there :dance: we would've shown everyone who the real stars of the show were ~ MEW! :heart:

thanks a lot for the pics. has anyone else notices the change in fashion of the guys? very slick imo, but they still look really good...my eyes are fixated on Jonas. oh Bo cut his hair! he was looking quite raunchy but either length suits him! what was the setlist like? [that is more than a teaser ~ i am looking forward to the rest! :)]

thanks for the link, i'm off to do the same hehei think your excitement is rubbing off on everyone!

I love this thread to pieces!! :D:D I was telling Rolle earlier today on MSN that I'm so thankful I have you all to share this with.....none of my friends would care to listen to me gush this much about Mew. :rolleyes: Twits. ;)

Ok, so the setlist was posted on Mewsite by nanler:

Intro

Circuitry of the Wolf

Chinaberry Tree

Am I Wry? No

White Lips Kissed

Envoy to the Open Fields

Apocalypso

Saviours of Jazz Ballet

Eight Flew Over, One Was Destroyed

Snow Brigade

Zookeeper's Boy

Louise Louisa

Special

She Spider

Comforting Sounds

I was really glad they included Envoy and Snow Brigade. :)

Perfect setlist in my opinion....of course no Xmas, but I don't think they've played that recently, so I wasn't really expecting it.

I wont say anything more for now....otherwise there wont be anything left for "Lunar's Official Review!!"

And oh yes, Bo has indeed cut his hair. Looking good, I must say. Jonas wore the vest again...lol.....slick and swanky.

Going to bed now! Have a good day, Kathy. :nice:

I love this thread to pieces!! :D:D I was telling Rolle earlier today on MSN that I'm so thankful I have you all to share this with.....none of my friends would care to listen to me gush this much about Mew. :rolleyes: Twits. ;)

haha, it's the same here, my sister is sick of hearing me talk of Jonas, she even avoids coming into my room when mew is playing :lol:

this thread is definitely a favorite! that is an amazing setlist. apocalypso is the single track i heard when i realised "i need to see Mew live"!

i will subscribe to that review :smug: this is the closest i've gotten to a 'live-performance' lol thanks again and g'night! i don't think there's any question to what you will be dreaming about :D :nice: