✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CD Artwork!!! (Read 1ST Post)

TraceOddity

It's finally time! I've wanted to make this CD as 'open-source' as possible, and the artwork is no excption!

If you want to submit artwork, now's the time. You can do as much or as little as you like, one part or the whole package.

Due to budgetary constraints, we don't need any more than a single fold, double-sided insert (4.75x9.5 inches).

If you also want to do a tray card (the back insert) and/or a label, feel free.

Title: How We See The World

The front cover needs to mention the CCC in some way...like a bi-line that says 'music for the Coldplaying Charity Club' or 'An Album for the Coldplaying Charity Club', something like that. Put it anywhere on the front cover you like.

The inside of the insert (the part ppl will read when they open the CD) needs to include the following:

Causes Supported By The Coldplaying Charity Club

(Let's Put A Smile Upon Their Faces)

Followed by a list which I'll provide here soon.

The complete tracklist hasn't been firmed up yet, so don't worry about it for the time being...I can always insert it down the road.

Feel free to use the Albertus font for now, but know that it may be changed depending on permission.

Feel free to use any other font you like if it lends itself more to your concept.

Original artwork is recommended. Choosing a design based on a Coldplay album or concept (i.e. Baudot code) could result in legal recourse, and besides, it's new music. It deserves new artwork.

The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges chosen by myself, and will be awarded a free copy of the CD, as well as a prize pack of not-so-expensive goodie,lol.

NOTE: Photoshoppers, please do not flatten images if possible, as further additons and editing of the text may be required.

Submission deadline: Extended to March 1st.

Thx in advance to everyone for taking part!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's so many creative people in this place.. just take a look to the "show us your art thread" :P...

for example

I think that Alyssa could help in this.. she's so good with photoshop...

PM her maybe she can do somethimg.. not sure if she has time though

Well...apparently I came off as rude or stressed. THat was not my intent. The Title, (Which is in the 1st post) is " How We See The World". The concept is simply a group of musicians who are members of this forum giving their talent to raise funds and awareness for the CCC. If you want to know more about what the CCC is doing, check out the stickied 'overview' thread. People are welcome to submit as much or as little, as many or as few ideas as they like, and original artwork or photography is encouraged.:)

Hey, Rick. If you want to help out, you could always do a sound byte for me. *wink, nudge*:D

Hope that helps...if not, feel free to PM me.

I wanted the artwork to be done so much I made my own ZIAs_Smooth_Abstract_by_Z1AS.jpg

THat's the whole reason for this thread:D ...so that ppl can make their own, and we'll use the best one for the finished product! That's really amazing, yamfox...sorry, I don't know your real name,lol:) . I love the colours ('m a sucker for anything blue,lol.:) )

So, we ifnally have our first submission...keep 'em coming!

Andrew: Do you mean circular text? That could be really cool.