✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Live Earth Thread

busybeeburns

A day of concerts across the globe intended to exceed Live Aid in scale and ambition is to be held this summer to highlight the issue of climate change.

Organisers of the event, scheduled to take place on 7 July, hope to amass a worldwide television audience of two billion people in order to present the message about global warming.

The series of co-ordinated concerts in seven cities - London, Washington DC, Shanghai, Rio de Janeiro, Cape Town and Kyoto - is expected to be announced today by the former American vice-president Al Gore, who is now a figurehead of the campaign against climate change.

Promoters of the event, which will be branded "SOS", yesterday promised that the line-up of artists - likely to include U2, Coldplay and the Scissor Sisters - will "dwarf" those amassed for Live Aid and its successor, Live8.

Venues for the London event are still being discussed but the shortlist includes Hyde Park and the new Wembley stadium.

Organisers hope that up to three million people will gather at the venues and other cities for the day of interlinked music performances and film and television events.

One promoter told the Financial Times that the event was to be modelled on Live Aid and Live8. However, the source said: "The talent involved is just exponentially bigger because the issue itself is bigger. Live Aid was about asking people to stump up money, this about effecting systemic change. The aim is not just to drive awareness but to get people to take action."

http://www.u2france.com/article10022.html

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thinking: Global Warming. If only they would get it right. Supporting the current widely known "Global Warming" non-sense is making things worse!

Although I would like to be more green for the sake of it - better health, saving wildlife and all that side of it.

I'd like to see them play new stuff though.

Ohhh brain wave, brain wave... another rip roarer hell for leather ideal for this occasion... DON'T PANIC!!!

"We live in a beautiful world, yeah we, yeah we do..."

It makes perfect sense!!!

Crikey, Al Gore might as well just give Coldplay a headlining slot and tell the boys to do there thing.

Ohhh brain wave, brain wave... another rip roarer hell for leather ideal for this occasion... DON'T PANIC!!!

"We live in a beautiful world, yeah we, yeah we do..."

It makes perfect sense!!!

Crikey, Al Gore might as well just give Coldplay a headlining slot and tell the boys to do there thing.

Yeah, wudn't Don't Panic be a perfect opener?

And after all the other artists are done with their songs, bring Coldplay back on to perform Twisted Logic!

I think thats a great idea personally ;) .

Galaxy Of 'Green' Stars To Perform At World's Biggest Charity Gig

U2, Oasis, Robbie Williams, Coldplay and Kylie Minogue are among the acts expected to wow crowds at the world's biggest ever concert to help save the planet.

Former US vice president Al Gore invited some of the world's most influential media figures to a top secret London meeting last Friday (09Feb07) to plan the record-breaking gig.

An insider says, "It was the most stellar array of media figures you could ever see but to get all those people in the room on a Friday night shows how willing they are to help."

The 'Live Earth' show will be held on 7 July (07) at venues in England, America, South Africa, Japan and Brazil in a bid to raise environmental awareness.

Gore says, "Television hypnotises billions but it is a one-way conversation filling minds with junk food. The only way to breathe meaning back into our words is through music. We need you."

The full line-up of artists will be announced next week (15Feb07).

http://www.postchronicle.com/commentary/article_21263669.shtml

so the campaining for the 4th album has started even earlier then for the 3rd one.. :dozey:

sry, but you sound obnoxious and so negative. what does a global warming benefit have to do with promoting the 4th album? you don't even know what they are going to play tos ay that.

you obviously have a bad view on coldplay to reach for the negative like that, i don't understand how a goblal warming gig could be seen in such a bad light. sry. :(

no... i didn't say it was a bad thing, but if they weren't planing on releasing 4th album next year (read:very soon) they probably wouldn't do it.

it's a very nice thing to do, but just as LiveAid didn't help too much i dont think this will, but that some other topic.

all i'm saying..everything's not black and white ;)

and please..don't twist my words.