✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Live Earth Thread

busybeeburns

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

www.together.com[/url] if anyone wants to try to get some too ... it looks amazing, is anyone going?

I got offerered a pair of tickets, but said No.

Mainly because the line up is rubbish, and 2nd because it's in Kenny's London, and 3rd I don't believe in the cause.

But have a fun day, Wembley is supposed to be a very nice place to get out off when the concert is finished due to the fact there is virtually no car parking available (You can pay NCP £25+ to park in one of their car parks near the venue), and the tube network finishes late.

Or maybe when James Blunt is singing "You're Beautiful".

All the good seats were taken up by "friends of live earth" people, so you will get business people there who have no idea what the music is.

Well as Fergie and James Blunt are on the bill, it appears there will be performers who don't, either!!:rolleyes:

But have a fun day, Wembley is supposed to be a very nice place to get out off when the concert is finished due to the fact there is virtually no car parking available (You can pay NCP £25+ to park in one of their car parks near the venue), and the tube network finishes late.

Any plus points at all?:confused:

Hmmmm that's funny because after I left after Muse at Wembley Stadium, I was herded into very organised queues for the train station and got a train in 5 minutes.

Ps.....m_c you're a :whatever: good day! :)

Didn't anyone ever tell you smilies aren't a language?:rolleyes:

Istanbul Live Earth gig shelved

The Turkish leg of the Live Earth concerts on 7 July has been shelved due to insufficient sponsorship and lack of time, organisers have confirmed.

A series of live performances in Istanbul are to be replaced by screens relaying the concerts from other cities around the world.

Purple Concerts told Associated Press: "There is no possibility to hold a live performance due to lack of time."

Eight cities will hold concerts across 24 hours to highlight climate change.

Shortfall

Tokyo, Hamburg and Shanghai are among those destinations taking part in the worldwide event, alongside Rio de Janeiro, New York, Johannesburg, Sydney and London.

Madonna, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Duran Duran are among the acts gracing the stage for the London leg.

The Turkish organisers said last week they still hoped to stage a scaled-down version of the planned Istanbul concert, but conceded it would be difficult to organise.

However, a shortfall in financial backing forced them to reconsider their plans, organisers said.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/entertainment/6242748.stm

I would have had the chance to visit the concert in Hamburg, but all the bands/artists there don't justify the price of 57€ for one ticket, although my favourite band Mando Diao is going to perform there. Mia. would be the other band I'd like to see, but definitely not for the cheeky ticket price. I'm not Scrooge McDuck!

I would have had the chance to visit the concert in Hamburg, but all the bands/artists there don't justify the price of 57€ for one ticket, although my favourite band Mando Diao is going to perform there. Mia. would be the other band I'd like to see, but definitely not for the cheeky ticket price. I'm not Scrooge McDuck!

Is he on the bill, too??:rolleyes: