✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The National

heartswarm

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't take pictures. Cell phone cam sucks, and its not really worth the trouble.

The concert was amazing though. The theater had a blue ceiling that looked like the night sky...I won't try to get the exact setlist right, but along with the usual set, they played The Geese of Beverly Road and All The Wine. The entire concert a guy was shouting for it. First Bryce said, this song is not All The Wine before Apartment Story, then they dedicated Geese of Beverly Road to "the guy who keeps shouting for 'All The Wine'", and then they opened with it during the encore.

Oh, they also didn't play Green Gloves, which is normally on the setlist, and they closed with a fully acoustic version of Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks where everyone hushed while Matt shouted the lyrics without a mic. The lights also reflected the silhouette of the guys singing against the theater walls, which was spectacular. They were also funny as usual, I most remember them saying Slow Show was the only song of theirs that got played a weddings, which is odd because of the phallic imagery, and they continued to argue about how many times he mentions a phallus in the song.

Overall it was really great, I was also blown away by Owen Pallett's set, which was ridiculously awesome.

When I bought the tickets I thought I'd be in the balcony, but somehow I ended up near the middle of the orchestra area. It was a pretty small venue, and only about half full. Near the end of the main set Matt encouraged people to move up, so I got to within about 50 feet of the stage before some security guy made people return to their seats :dozey:. But yeah, wasn't disappointed by the view at all, mainly because I'm tall.

When I bought the tickets I thought I'd be in the balcony, but somehow I ended up near the middle of the orchestra area. It was a pretty small venue, and only about half full. Near the end of the main set Matt encouraged people to move up, so I got to within about 50 feet of the stage before some security guy made people return to their seats :dozey:. But yeah, wasn't disappointed by the view at all, mainly because I'm tall.

haha why would security do that? What Matt says is what should go! haha

• Isn't All the Wine a song they usually play? They did the times I saw them.. :thinking:

Did they play anything from Sad Songs? :wacko:
    They didn't play All The Wine at any of the three shows before this one. No, they played nothing from sad songs, though they played Available and 90-mile water wall at Nashville a few days ago.

I forgot to mention they also played Secret Meeting, and Matt crowd-surfed for a longtime at the the end of Terrible Love. :D

1. Runaway
    2. Anyone's Ghost
    3. Mistaken for Strangers
    4. Bloodbuzz Ohio
    5. Secret Meeting
    6. Slow Show
    7. Squalor Victoria
    8. Afraid of Everyone
    9. Conversation 16
    10. Apartment Story
    11. Sorrow
    12. Abel
    13. The Geese of Beverly Road
    14. England
    15. Fake Empire

Encore:

16. All The Wine

17. Mr. November

18. Terrible Love

19. Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks (acoustic)

I GOT FRONT OF STAGE STANDING TICKETS TO THEIR SYDNEY SHOW!!!! :D

apologies for the caps but when their first show sold out in a few minutes i was really disappointed. but then 2 nights ago they announced a second show and i wasnt going to miss out on that. im even happier that 4 people came out of nowhere almost and said they wanted to come with! ive bought tickets for 3 of them already the 4th is uncertain. but regardless i couldnt be happier with how this has panned out.

bring on Jan 7 :)