✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The National

heartswarm

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd say 2010 has been a pretty good year for The National so far. High Violet has been getting a lot of mentions & so far as appeared on a number of "Albums of 2010" lists.

haven't really delved into Boxer tho. so far am only familiar with High Violet & Alligator. admittedly i fast tracked listening to Alligator cos i wanted to get to know more of their songs before their gig just this Monday. they had me at Mr November & Abel sealed the deal for me with Alligator (if that statement even made any logical sense at all!).

Which do you like better: 2007 or 2010?

2007. but i havent heard as much music from 07 as i have from 10.

2007 gave us amazing albums from Air, A + J Stone, Animal Collective, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Battles, Bon Iver (arguably), Chemical Brothers, Interpol, John Butler Trio, Kaiser Chiefs, Kanye, Klaxons, LCD Soundsystem, The national, The Panics, Sigur Ros, Silverchair and The White Stripes.

Mark Ronsons covers album was great too and the Killers were at their peak. oh yeah that band with thom yorke in it made an ok album.

so thats a good 20 albums.

• 1 month later...

seeing these guys tonight at my favourite venue! i'll post a review straight after the show!

oh yeah and the wonderful The Middle East are in support. couldn't dream of a better bill.

EDIT: cant believe i made the last post on here over a month. i guess we were all so busy putting High Violet near the top/at the top of our end of year lists we forgot about this :D

seeing these guys tonight at my favourite venue! i'll post a review straight after the show!

oh yeah and the wonderful The Middle East are in support. couldn't dream of a better bill.

EDIT: cant believe i made the last post on here over a month. i guess we were all so busy putting High Violet near the top/at the top of our end of year lists we forgot about this :D

That is going to be one insane show! Great bill.

just got back from witnessing something very very special. i've seen a lot of bands in the past year or so, some of them might have put on a better show than these guys but none left such an impact on me. they broke my heart and enlightened me at the same time.

more details to follow later in the weekend.