✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Thom Yorke Thread

MrMagpie

Thank you Radiomad (I love your avy by the way). I will try looking it up on youtube. :D I'm still a newbie... only been tuned in for a few months, so forgive my ignorance. I have a very very far reaching net of music, so it sometimes takes me a lot longer to find certain bands/artists. Usually when I find one i really like, though, I'm able to focus in a bit more.

So THANK YOU

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Thom is NOT Radiohead. He's a huge part of the band, but this doesn't mean he should write and compose songs that you tag as "Radiohead-like". He has his own wishes and likings so why wouldn't he realise them? I find it brilliant that he writes songs on his own, that he has a chance to express himself even more.

No, I'm not saying I don't like his solo work, I respect this genius musician, also his lyrical work is awesome, but his music without the other 4 members make it loose that essence I love from radiohead

OK, Thom Yorke doesn't 'make' Radiohead just yet, but you gotta admit... these 3 performances are freakin' breathtakingly awesome.

Speaking of Thom...

Here's his brother Andy

[ame=http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=rmDLNZ1iwM0]Andy Yorke - Rise & Fall[/ame]

[ame=http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=losVx1ywGMs](Andy as frontman of) Unbelievable Truth - Solved (official video)[/ame]

But Thom is NOT Radiohead. He's a huge part of the band, but this doesn't mean he should write and compose songs that you tag as "Radiohead-like". He has his own wishes and likings so why wouldn't he realise them? I find it brilliant that he writes songs on his own, that he has a chance to express himself even more.

Yes you are right there. But, I prefer Radiohead, and once again I'm saying: I love the clock,analyze and cymbal rush, still I prefer when Thom works with Jonny, Ed, Colin and Phil and compose breathtaking songs.

The same for Greenwood.. And yeah Thom is an individual musician, but in my opinion his work with radiohead is better than his solo album

i hate when thom fucks shit up like he did to Cymbal Rush studio version. i was so excited after hearing the live version but so irritated when i got the album. i don't care for his fondness for all things electro. to me it sounds like shit.

I am always on "the fence" when it comes to Thom's fondness of electronics. It's really cool in Radiohead, and I like The Eraser, but some of these songs are brilliant in their most basic form (i.e. simple guitar or piano).

I am always on "the fence" when it comes to Thom's fondness of electronics. It's really cool in Radiohead, and I like The Eraser, but some of these songs are brilliant in their most basic form (i.e. simple guitar or piano).

yeah, like in the simple brilliance of "how I made my millions"...

No, I'm not saying I don't like his solo work, I respect this genius musician, also his lyrical work is awesome, but his music without the other 4 members make it loose that essence I love from radiohead

Its funny because I had never listened to Radiohead before the Eraser. By listening to Thom Yorke's solo stuff I got interested in his other project known as Radiohead.

WOW... I agree about Cymbal Rush! I have been listening to it over and over... I much prefer it like that. It's very gentle and melancholy, very beautiful. WOW!

Does anyone have the audio only of that performance? I would certainly pay you back in tons of cyber hugs and thank yous to the sky! it's just beautiful.

Its funny because I had never listened to Radiohead before the Eraser. By listening to Thom Yorke's solo stuff I got interested in his other project known as Radiohead.

yeah thats very interesting, myself, I don't like radiohead electronic stuff (nor Thom's). Well I like it on ok computer, but kid a was extreme for me

WOW... I agree about Cymbal Rush! I have been listening to it over and over... I much prefer it like that. It's very gentle and melancholy, very beautiful. WOW!

Does anyone have the audio only of that performance? I would certainly pay you back in tons of cyber hugs and thank yous to the sky! it's just beautiful.

I have the KCRW version, which I can send to you if you give me your email but I think it sounds best live.. Thom played it during their last tour

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrhDyCRA2E8]YouTube - radiohead cymbal rush jonny - colin 4.10.08 Tokyo Japan - first row[/ame]

I loved when Thom played Cymbal Rush on the last tour. I was fortunate enough to get a few words with Thom after one of the shows, and he was sheepish about the fact that he had forgotten how to play the song that night. Even geniuses have memory lapses.

I loved when Thom played Cymbal Rush on the last tour. I was fortunate enough to get a few words with Thom after one of the shows, and he was sheepish about the fact that he had forgotten how to play the song that night. Even geniuses have memory lapses.

so lucky!! i would not be able to formulate any words and would just stand there like a complete fool if i ever got a chance to talk to Thom.

oh man... ur so lucky to have met thom... i'd love to get to meet him... it'd be so cool