✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Thom Yorke Thread

MrMagpie

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number of sales lost due to having the normal paid-for download available a couple weeks after the single comes out on vinyl?

Come on Thom, the fans will buy the vinyls regardless, what about the unlucky fans unable to get one of the vinyls, with such a gap they will illegally download the tracks for free instead of waiting.

Number of sales lost due to having the normal paid-for download available a couple weeks after the single comes out on vinyl?

Come on Thom, the fans will buy the vinyls regardless, what about the unlucky fans unable to get one of the vinyls, with such a gap they will illegally download the tracks for free instead of waiting.

yeah... but it's to give an incentive for people to buy it. Like "Here, I'm releasing a single that you can get on this date, but if you don't get it you have to wait". I see what you mean in that its unfair for people who don't have a turntable, or credit card. At the same time it's also unfair that Twisted Words and Harry Patch was released for people that don't have internet access. I see what you're saying though

• 2 weeks later...

The song by Thom that is scheduled to appear in the new Twilight Movie is going to be announced tomorrow:

http://www.gigwise.com/news/52499/Radiohead-The-Killers-Set-For-Twilight-New-Moon-Soundtrack

also in other news apparently Thom was/still is in LA. He did some DJing. People on atease believe that perhaps he was working w/ the song as to how it will fit in the film. Also there's the age of stupid movie coming out i think the weekend or next week where Thom is going to be playing Reckoner solo. The film is having a debut in NYC, so I wonder if he'll hop on a train and go to NYC. I wouldn't be surprised. It would also make sense because the day after there is supposed to be a Mark Mulachy tribute concert, where a music video of Thom's Cover All For The Best is going to be premiered. It'd be awesome if Thom also made an appearance.

i will say that thom doesn't like to get himself photographed/videoed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK__l0Eiuus

If I ever get a chance to meet him I'll know not to do that. Look at his expression and how pissed off he is. although he's short, he's still very intimidating

You're right he's short, but I'd be scared shitless if I ever met him for some reason. I don't think I'd ask for a photo.

because 1. I want to wait until the official release just to be excited (kind of relieve the excitement of In Rainbows), and 2. The sound quality is apparently not so great, so I'd be better to listen to the song in the best quality

same here... will wait for the official download.

though i think there are some flacs floating around..

because 1. I want to wait until the official release just to be excited (kind of relieve the excitement of In Rainbows), and 2. The sound quality is apparently not so great, so I'd be better to listen to the song in the best quality

1. Why? It's no less exciting to listen now than next week or whenever

2. The quality is perfect.

1. Why? It's no less exciting to listen now than next week or whenever

2. The quality is perfect.

you make a good point. I just got home and I hate to say it but I caved. Knowing that there's a new Thom song out there, I just can't wait...lol :embarassed:

So here's what I think of each:

Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses: Definitely much different than either versions, which is sort of nice... it's like we have 3 different songs. This one I like the vocals and the beginning part. The rest of the song is good w/ the beats but I feel that it drags on for a bit too long. The song also has a different riff rhythm than the older version which I miss.

The Hollow Earth: This I am a bit uncertain of. It's definitely a very pop-electronic song for Thom. I find the song slightly strange throughout, especially after he stops singing. I honestly don't know what to make of this song yet.

Overall I think that these songs are not so bad, but they will definitely take some time for me to really get into. I find a lot of Radiohead's stuff is like this.

I was on atease and wonsaponatime made a good point about these songs. He said that these songs are good that they are released the way they are now because it's good to get these songs out of the way. I mean I think that these songs could be sort of b-side material. Don't me wrong I really love all the songs that have been released (Harry Patch, TAMTW, FPABH, THE), but they do not to me at least seem as though they are album worthy. I mean songs like The Present Tense I could not imagine getting released so soon because it seems like a song that would work well in the studio.

Overall I like how they are releasing songs individually here and there because that way when they finish a song they can post it online instead of spending months critiquing them.