✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Viva la Vida" shoots to iTunes Top 10

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay can release a hip-hop or dreaded country album and people will still buy it. Don't you think they know this? That's why they can afford to experiment and drag in new fans with this crap album and maybe lose a couple of sales from some of their loyal fans. Then their next album will have everyone's attention...especially the z100 crowd. Then what will they do? Will they go back to AROBTTH or continue to sellout. My guess is the later and old school fans will be disappointed again. I wouldnt be surprised if Timbaland produces the next album and if becomes a hip-hop slash pop album. Funny thing is that people on these boards will say how awesome the album is. LOL

You need to chill out there man. Selling out would be to continue the X&Y style. That was the highest selling album of the year. Instead they decided to take some time off and refine their sound very much like the beatles did time after time. I am feeling this could be their "Revolver," at a major turning point in their musical lives. Just because a group changes slightly in style does not mean they are selling out.

Coldplay can release a hip-hop or dreaded country album and people will still buy it. Don't you think they know this? That's why they can afford to experiment and drag in new fans with this crap album and maybe lose a couple of sales from some of their loyal fans. Then their next album will have everyone's attention...especially the z100 crowd. Then what will they do? Will they go back to AROBTTH or continue to sellout. My guess is the later and old school fans will be disappointed again. I wouldnt be surprised if Timbaland produces the next album and if becomes a hip-hop slash pop album. Funny thing is that people on these boards will say how awesome the album is. LOL

What part of the song VLV sounds like anything else out there in popular music? God damn it they used a damn orchestra for the song, who does that?

selling out? hardly. Nelly Furtado sold out.

Anyone notice how on itunes now the album is being referred to only as

"Viva La Vida" instead of "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" like before? Or is it just me?

the album must be in two parts. my guess is something similar to rhcp's stadium arcadium. a complete guess but that's what it appears to be. on the official site they refer to the album by both titles: viva la vida or death and all his friends as well as just viva la vida. the album cover art suggests it's the latter too. either way, i'm excited :)