✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MGMT

Leire

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most probably very late this year or early next year. they are touring loosely through 2009. but they said after their massive australian tour last december that they will start 'writing' the new album in the new year. now 'writing' is a very very primitive stage of an album. once they admit they are 'recording' then we can get excited.

• 1 month later...

wow it had never struck me that Kids didnt have a video. i still dont understand why youtube dont let you watch some videos if you're in certain countries. stupidest thing ever!!

IMO Kids is one of the best pop songs i have ever heard EVER. that video isnt exactly the best but wonderful nonetheless. i really liked it how they depicted the idea of how ' to a baby/kid everyone in the world is monster except their mum'

^^

yeah i agree with you the animated bit was a little silly. but thats MGMT for you. hope they bring out new material towards the end of the year. remembering that oracular spectacular effectively came out in late 2007 so it has almost been 2years.

would people agree with me in saying that Oracular is one of the most front loaded albums of all time? the first 5 tracks are just scary good but the remainder of the album is rather weak.

kind of, but i think that of moons, birds and monsters and the handshake are great. It really is a great album from start to finish except for future reflections.