✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MGMT

Leire

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well since this is the proper MGMT thread i thought it would be right to up date it

the new album is called Congratulations and is due for release on April 12. here is the cover art

boingboingL1800210.jpg

im really looking forward to it the first 20mins of their debut was some of the best pop music i have ever heard. maybe they can carry that over the entire record this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the commercial about the album cover? I wonder if it's just a joke or if it's really true :thinking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auTPbnvDt4Q]YouTube- MGMT Congratulations Scratch Off Cover Preview[/ame]

I've got the feeling that most people have already made up their minds on this album without even having heard the album. Once you get into that frame of mind about anything it's unlikely you will change your stance.

Let's give it a fair chance and we might be pleasantly surprised.

I've got the feeling that most people have already made up their minds on this album without even having heard the album. Once you get into that frame of mind about anything it's unlikely you will change your stance.

+1

LOLno, I listened to the new song with an open mind and it's fucking terrible

it's like they tried to fit every hipster trend they could into 3 mins and it's just utter fucking shit.

I'm a big MGMT fan but I'm not feeling it so much this time around. I couldn't wait for "Flash Delirium" but that was a big let down.

I usually find info about MGMT and other cool indie bands really early here: http://soundcheckmusic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=indie

It's not majorly busy but it's a fun place to post and learn some stuff... they had the "Congratulations" (song) posted early.

There's just too much going on that at certain points in the song you don't really know what's going on because there are so many things going on that it just becomes noise.

As with previous MGMT songs there is no hook to this song which will have everyone singing along with it. At times it's hard to even know which bit is the chorus.

If they wanted to go against the grain with this song and release something which you wouldn't normally associate with MGMT then they've succeeded but Paranoid Android it ain't.

I'm glad they released it though, because too many people have hyped them up. Maybe it'll get them to shut the fuck up now.

I didn't really like the new song either, but I'm willing to give the whole album a try.

I'm a big MGMT fan but I'm not feeling it so much this time around. I couldn't wait for "Flash Delirium" but that was a big let down.

I usually find info about MGMT and other cool indie bands really early here: http://soundcheckmusic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=indie

It's not majorly busy but it's a fun place to post and learn some stuff... they had the "Congratulations" (song) posted early.

This.

Let's just give it a try.