✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Aug-08: Washington - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 02-Jul]

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no surprise encore but there was the usual one consisting of Politik, lovers in Japan, and Death and all his Friends.

With that being said, the concert was fucking great! This was my first time seeing them live! Chris sang so well, he didn't miss a note. And holy shit, Will Champion is one amazing drummer!!! I can't believe someone said he doesn't belong in the top 50....

Best performances:

Yes (had an incredible ending to it)

Viva la Vida (the crowd was great)

Lost! (that song belongs to Will)

The Scientist

Politik(great energy from the band)

Death and All His Friends

Chris did about half of The Hardest Part and then stopped!

The crowd was okay throughout the show, could have been a bit better. They began clapping before some songs were even over, including Yellow!!! Chris had to wait until they stopped clapping to finish. Very annoying. Energy from the crowd was sporadic.

... I stood up the whole entire time...

Oh, and Guy's voice is so cool during Chinese Sleep Chant!

The hits received the biggest praise, as to be expected.

I really had the time of my life. Such a great show!!!

*sorry for any typos, on the blackberry!

FUCKING AMAZING... PICTURES IN THE MORNING...

How about the bomb threat out front though?

They shut down the whole street!

Oh shit! i was wondering what was going on, and the best part of the show was when chris changed the words in politik saying somthing like "take me where the wizards play" that was awsome, and they ran right past me going back for the acoustic set.

There was a bomb threat? No wonder there were so many policemen...

I don't feel like the show was too short. I was happy with the setlist, although I did stick around for another encore which didn't happen.

But how about God Put a Smile Upon Your Face? It was so weird, in a good way

Luckily, I had some really cool, energetic fans seated next to me

It was pretty great overall. A few minor nitpicks, such as the setlist not flowing perfectly, or wanting the lighting to be super intense on every song, but the band is coming into their own as far as live performances and seems to be enjoying it.

The Muse-esque improv/additions to songs (such as the classical-sounding ditty after Politik) are huge in my book. I hope they continue to do these.

Setlist:

LIT

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Yes

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

Chinese Sleep Chant (side stage)

GPASUYF (side stage/techno version)

Square One

Hardest Part (again half of the song and Chris w/piano only)

Yellow

Lost

The Scientist (acoustic in crowd)

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic in the crowd)

Encore:

Polotik (with a bit of extra piano playing!)

Lover in Japan

DAAHF/The Escapist

Setlist:

LIT

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Yes

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

Chinese Sleep Chant (side stage)

GPASUYF (side stage/techno version)

Square One

Hardest Part (again half of the song and Chris w/piano only)

Yellow

Lost

The Scientist (acoustic in crowd)

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic in the crowd)

Encore:

Polotik (with a bit of extra piano playing!)

Lover in Japan

DAAHF/The Escapist

finally...thanks!......

For, The hardest part, it's a waste :(

Even if there are just Chris & Will, they could finish correctly this song, couldn't they ?

He does it as a joke, like "This song isnt a big enough hit." Then they play Yellow. I thought it was funny.

brilliant

*Will sang Death Will Never Conquer Me. The show was awesome, even from section 407! There is a general agreement among my friends who went to the show that all the songs were executed well. Despite my thorough enjoyment of every second they were on stage, my favorites were: Death and All his friends, Fix You, Politik, Yes, and In My Place. Fix You brought tears to my eyes. The crowd was completely amiable. Lights were fantastic during Clocks- at that point I refused to sit down the entire show. GPASUYF sounded crazy... I would like to have a recording of it myself. The energy and singing and screaming just never seemed to let up for me. I was blissful from square one (the phrase not the song), even through the slow piano and acoustic part. This was my first Coldplay show and it proved to me why Coldplay is my favorite band.

The show was brilliant. It was incredible how much the crowd got into it. A highlight for me was Viva la Vida, when Chris told the crowd to take it away and we all sang the harmony part at the end, so beautiful.

Which song did the "VIVA" banner come down at? Was it on Death and All His Friends? That part was epic.