✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Jun-08: London - Brixton Academy

they didnt play cemeteries!! :(

So do does anyone else think the concert was a bit short? i mean with all the songs they've got now.. do u think it was short cause it was a free/and first gig? Do you think that all their live shows will have a similar setlist?

Coldplay shows are always too short! That's partly because they actually are, but the feeling's intensified because they have such a huge back-catalogue that's hardly even gone into, and of course they are so brilliant live that you wish it would go on forever.

Anyone who goes along to a Coldplay gig expecting more than an hour and a half is quite likely to be disappointed, very unfortunately.

That said, last night didn't feel too short to me for a free gig, there was so much packed in, so many different styles of songs and arrangement, so many highlights and quite beautiful moments. Then there was being so close to the band, and the wonderful people I met. I have been to hundreds of gigs down the years, maybe seen bands numbering into the thousands, and that was quite possibly the best ever :)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to the concert on the radio, and they had barely played for fifty minutes by the time they ended the main set. They've got 4 albums out for pity's sake! That said maybe the gig was short because it was just a warm up for the main tour.

I listened to the concert on the radio, and they had barely played for fifty minutes by the time they ended the main set. They've got 4 albums out for pity's sake! That said maybe the gig was short because it was just a warm up for the main tour.

Maybe you should just stick to Keane in future, of course you don't see them playing many free gigs do you as Mr chaplin's got to earn enough to feed his coke habit?!

I don't know what everybody's complaining for anyway, it was an amazing set with a good few surprises (Square One, Trouble, Will singing!) and if I hadn't won a ticket I would of happily paid £100 to go. Even though the playing was a little rusty at times, I agree with Kimchi, this was up there for me. I think people forget that this was a warm up for the band before they properly go out on tour, when they play the Arenas of course the set will be longer.

Maybe you should just stick to Keane in future, of course you don't see them playing many free gigs do you as Mr chaplin's got to earn enough to feed his coke habit?!

I don't know what everybody's complaining for anyway, it was an amazing set with a good few surprises (Square One, Trouble, Will singing!) and if I hadn't won a ticket I would of happily paid £100 to go. Even though the playing was a little rusty at times, I agree with Kimchi, this was up there for me. I think people forget that this was a warm up for the band before they properly go out on tour, when they play the Arenas of course the set will be longer.

I think the reason why Keane havn't played free shows is becasue they can't afford to , they're not as wealthy as Coldplay. Just becasue I said the set was short doesn't mean that I didn't like it, I actually really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing them play at the O2 in London. I didn't want to cause any antipathy, I was simply saying what I thought, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

From my rather amusing colleague from work, who just sent this in to me (she's a big Bruce Springsteen fan:embarassed:)

"Your gig got 4* in the Guardian today although it did say that it was marred by a 30-something groupie dribbling at the front...."

She will be referring to me, not that i was dribbling tho..haha

I think the reason why Keane havn't played free shows is becasue they can't afford to , they're not as wealthy as Coldplay. Just becasue I said the set was short doesn't mean that I didn't like it, I actually really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing them play at the O2 in London. I didn't want to cause any antipathy, I was simply saying what I thought, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I was only joking pal, sorry that was a cheap shot and I actually don't mind a bit of Keane every now and then. Anyway in truth it wasn't complete bliss last night, I was a tad disappointed that DAAHF wasn't played.

I'm going to be there at the o2 as well on the 16th, have a good one ok :)

I was only joking pal, sorry that was a cheap shot and I actually don't mind a bit of Keane every now and then. Anyway in truth it wasn't complete bliss last night, I was a tad disappointed that DAAHF wasn't played.

I'm going to be there at the o2 as well on the 16th, have a good one ok :)

I seriously think that DAAHF is one of the best tracks on the new album.

Hi all... met a couple lads from here (I think) today. Thought I'd drop a link to my photos from what was, for me a very, very manic day- I'm probably the unluckiest lucky guy you'd ever wanna meet, but it was nice meeting everyone in the queue.

2586086284_a5bbc9a257.jpg

Coldplay @ Brixton Academy

those photos are amazing :D I love them

Here are some of my pics. My camera was being temperamental and saying the battery was low when I was taking photos.......yet was fine when I was taking film. grrr.

So some of the photos are screen shots, and therefore a bit grainy, pixel-y, crappy

:D

guyandchris.jpg

Picture14-1.jpg

guybykara.jpg

My favourite photo:

jonnybykara.jpg

JONNNNNNNY!!!! :heart: