✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Jun-08: London - Brixton Academy

The guy at the very front of the queue told me about the guy and the needle!!! That was soooo bad. I'm glad that the guy was okay though! It made me not want to sit down whilst waiting. :(

You should have said hi, Steve! :D Glad you got to the front too :) What do you look like btw?

I agree about changing the lyrics to the end of Square One..I was all ready to sing...'is there anybody out there whoooo....." oh well. I'm so happy they played it, was such a shock in the middle of the setlist! woohoo.

Thanks re. the setlist! The security guy was awesome in making sure I got it.:dance: I think its a bit sad of me but I noticed there was a Jonny footprint on it, well I hope it was his. It's probably a roadie's haha.

Yeah i quickly got up and checked the ground when i heard lol. Despite the name i'm actually fairly small lol, short blonde hair, was wearing a black hoody and mostly leaning against the barrier in the queue lol. Also i was on the phone a fair bit, sorting some stuff about where i should of actually been haha.

Haha we'll say it was Jonny's even if we're not sure :cool:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok the morning after the gig. it was a little bit amazing. i arrived just as johnny walked into the building so missed him by seconds but whilst i was queuing i saw a lot of commotion down the road, i thought it was johnny again because of the hat he wears - it was CHRIS!! he'd been signing autographs for a while so i didn't think i would be able to get anything - he was kinda in a hurry - so when i asked him for a photo he was like 'man i'm late for souncheck' (which he was because i had been listening to the soundcheck). Then he went to me (and everyone else) 'this is the last one. It's gonna be a classic!' the funny thing is when the photo was taken hes still saying classic so his mouth is wide open and its a really bad photo but to me its the most amazing thing ever lol. I can't believe i met him.

The gig was great too. Just one person off the front had a great view - I've uploaded some short youtube videos because i was too impatient too hold the camera up for a whole song. Theres more youtube videos to come when i get round to doing them...

Jon Hopkins

For all those who were at the fantastic Brixton gig last night does everyone know that the support act Jon Hopkins was sampled by the band on 'Life in Technicolour' and 'The escapist'.

He was pretty good I thought. Animations were cool also.

Just thought about something...

The crowd standing below the upper tier area....couldn't have seen Yellow being performed.

Its a shame a couple of people in the front boo'd off the support performer, can't remember his name...Jun or John...I dunno.

Strawberry Swing

:)

I loved that....sang along like mental lol

Hi all... met a couple lads from here (I think) today. Thought I'd drop a link to my photos from what was, for me a very, very manic day- I'm probably the unluckiest lucky guy you'd ever wanna meet, but it was nice meeting everyone in the queue.

2586086284_a5bbc9a257.jpg

Coldplay @ Brixton Academy

You took some fantastic pics!! :shocked2: Thanks!

I think i was still in shock for the first half hour of the set , for me it really picked up during Lost!, from then it was the usual Coldplay experience of being pelted with one great song after another.

I was the same! EVen though I listened to it live from Radio1 on my headphones, it was just like being there :D

The entire gig gave me goosebumps :stunned:

Truly,truly amazing :cry: :D

Hi all... met a couple lads from here (I think) today. Thought I'd drop a link to my photos from what was, for me a very, very manic day- I'm probably the unluckiest lucky guy you'd ever wanna meet, but it was nice meeting everyone in the queue.

2586086284_a5bbc9a257.jpg

Coldplay @ Brixton Academy

Wow, thank you! Fantastic pictures!

And I love the three pictures of the album cover and the guy painting "Viva La Vida" on it. I will put that on my desktop now.

they didnt play cemeteries!! :(

So do does anyone else think the concert was a bit short? i mean with all the songs they've got now.. do u think it was short cause it was a free/and first gig? Do you think that all their live shows will have a similar setlist?