16-Jun-08: London - Brixton Academy

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys , after a small glitch on my part, Here are my photos of Brixton

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=56057&l=ddd49&id=508655860

enjoy!

Kash is too kind - the truth is that the 'small glitch' was on MY part (me not having slept properly for days before the gig, and asking him to remove pics of me that made a zombie look like a new born babe in comparison, lol)

He took some incredible pics of an astonishing gig, I hope everyone enjoys them :)

i was there, too. damn, i wasn't allowed to get in because i had no tickets... :(

i saw aakashnaik there, i already recognized you on the photo :D

after that i was going to see the coldplay studio and violet hill near to abbey road. :cool:

img1664ww5.jpg

84691565lx0.jpg :D

i was there, too. damn, i wasn't allowed to get in because i had no tickets... :(

i saw aakashnaik there, i already recognized you on the photo :D

Did you see Kash after the gig by the stage door? I was with him and I think I met you very briefly too.

Ian's been busy uploading photos from all the gigs so far. All in one nice easy place.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/gal...y.php/cat/1478

That link's not working for me...? (And Jeez when it is I hope no pics of me are on there!)

There's pretty bad review of this gig in the new issue of NME.

The reviewer compares them to U2 and said Coldplay are nothing in comparison. She calls them bland, flat and predictable and says even the strongest of their new songs can never replace The Scientist in the set. She also called the acoustic set novelty and said that they've flattened Yellow which is 'the best song Chris will ever write.'

There's pretty bad review of this gig in the new issue of NME.

The reviewer compares them to U2 and said Coldplay are nothing in comparison. She calls them bland, flat and predictable and says even the strongest of their new songs can never replace The Scientist in the set. She also called the acoustic set novelty and said that they've flattened Yellow which is 'the best song Chris will ever write.'

The girl, quite simply, is nuts!

• 2 weeks later...

Little late to respond, been on vacation, which I really needed after the huge excitement of coldplay in London!!

I was there too! check out my vids

http://nl.youtube.com/user/carlaatje84

and photo's at a site we started:

http://coldplayatbrixton.hyves.nl/

concert was fab! Even though we arrived late and the line was already around the corner (we were suppost to fly in from amsterdam in the afternoon, but we arrived late because we were delayed about 30 min and then circled above london for 45 minutes because of stupid Bush)we stood in second row! Really loved the butterflies, almost chocked on one though! Can't wait to see what they have in store for us in rotterdam.

afterwards we waited at the stage entrance and saw Guy and Jonny (didn't have a marker! do-oh!!) after about 15-30 minutes we figured Chris and Will had left already or something, and walked away when we walked past another entrance and saw first Will and Marianne leave, and later Chris and Gwyneth

I have to add that I really hate to fly and really hated circling above london like that, but listing todon't panic for 45 minutes really pulled m through!

1Live (Germany) To Repeat Brixton Live Concert Tonight

coldplay2_dpa_g.jpg

1Live (Germany) has an official announcement on their site announcing a repeat broadcast of the Coldplay's Brixton gig from last month, thanks to Philip for this translation:

Coldplay live!

We present Coldplay live! On June 16 they played an exclusive concert in the venerable Brixton Academy. The night from July 7 to July 8 you can hear the full concert at midnight during 1Live Plan B. Starting July 14 we present chosen concert-highlights at Plan B Concert-Summer in full-length. From Monday to Thursday, 3 weeks long, at midnight. As foretaste we present Coldplay live at Brixton Academy! Apart from their greatest hits they play songs from their new Album "Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends".

More on this broadcast on the 1Live website here

---------------------------------------------------

Wir präsentieren Coldplay live! Am 16. Juni haben die ein exklusives Konzert in der ehrwürdigen Brixton Academy gespielt. In der Nacht vom 7. auf den 8. Juli hört ihr um Mitternacht in 1LIVE Plan B das Konzert in voller Länge.

Coldplay live!

Ab 14. Juli präsentieren im Plan B Konzertsommer ausgewählte Konzert-Highlights des Jahres in voller Länge. Montags bis Donnerstag, drei Wochen lang, jeweils um Mitternacht. Als Vorgeschmack gibt es Coldplay live in der Brixton Academy! Neben ihren größten Hits gibt es auch Songs von ihrem neuen Album "Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends":

Setlist:

Life in Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Chinese Sleep Chant

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Square One

Trouble

Lost!

Strawberry Swing