✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Nov-08: Detroit - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 05-Jul]

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian - the roadies made sure to tell us that they would definitely do it with the light on:sneaky: they also asked us to take our tops off for the picture:stunned: :P

There were about 15 people maybe standing where we were....that's it.

:lol:

roadies are as pervy as coldplayers!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Best Birthday Ever

Part 3

A little before six a lot of activity starts happening and they move that security truck that was blocking the entrance to the loading dock. We stand up and hold our signs...by this time there is a small crowd of people who don't know what is going on but are standing there because we are. The SUVs and vans come in and we hold our signs and wave. No windows come down, no one comes out. We knew they wouldn't but.....we were still hoping.

So we kept standing there - hoping maybe Peter would come out with something. A few people left when the doors opened - including Joey and April who were with us (they were picking up some tix at will call) - all of a sudden there are two ladies - Jasmine and EJ - walking over to us. They approach us and ask if we have tickets and we just can't lie so we say yes. Then Jasmine says - well are they good seats??? Then she goes on to explain that Chris saw us standing out there and he asked Jasmine and EJ to go out and MAKE SURE we had really great seats for the show!!!!! Jasmine grabbed the tickets I had and I started to panic wondering what she was going to give me. She asks how many of us are together and I say five and she says - great that's gonna work out perfectly. She hands me five tickets and when I look down at them I realize she has just given me row 3 (which was really row 2) on Jonny's side. I nearly fell over. We thanked them profusely and asked them to thank Chris for us and how sweet it was that he wanted to make sure we had great seats. Jasmine and EJ left and the squealing ensued. April heard screaming and came running and couldn't believe she had missed the ticket exchange. Pretty sure this was the point I was clutching onto the tickets and had to sit down on the curb because I was in shock. And then I couldn't help but cry tears of joy. Best Birthday present EVER!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to get really pissed off with the quality of you tube vids that are uploaded...the quality is NOWHERE NEAR what it actually looks like...grrrr

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zggH1cX6SWQ]YouTube - Coldplay Violet Hill Detroit Nov. 3, 2008[/ame]

Best Birthday Ever

Part 3

A little before six a lot of activity starts happening and they move that security truck that was blocking the entrance to the loading dock. We stand up and hold our signs...by this time there is a small crowd of people who don't know what is going on but are standing there because we are. The SUVs and vans come in and we hold our signs and wave. No windows come down, no one comes out. We knew they wouldn't but.....we were still hoping.

So we kept standing there - hoping maybe Peter would come out with something. A few people left when the doors opened - including Joey and April who were with us (they were picking up some tix at will call) - all of a sudden there are two ladies - Jasmine and EJ - walking over to us. They approach us and ask if we have tickets and we just can't lie so we say yes. Then Jasmine says - well are they good seats??? Then she goes on to explain that Chris saw us standing out there and he asked Jasmine and EJ to go out and MAKE SURE we had really great seats for the show!!!!! Jasmine grabbed the tickets I had and I started to panic wondering what she was going to give me. She asks how many of us are together and I say five and she says - great that's gonna work out perfectly. She hands me five tickets and when I look down at them I realize she has just given me row 3 (which was really row 2) on Jonny's side. I nearly fell over. We thanked them profusely and asked them to thank Chris for us and how sweet it was that he wanted to make sure we had great seats. Jasmine and EJ left and the squealing ensued. April heard screaming and came running and couldn't believe she had missed the ticket exchange. Pretty sure this was the point I was clutching onto the tickets and had to sit down on the curb because I was in shock. And then I couldn't help but cry tears of joy. Best Birthday present EVER!!!!!!!!!

your story is getting me all teary!!!! :heart: