✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Nov-08: Detroit - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 05-Jul]

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Birthday Ever

Part 1

First off, I want to say thank you to rivertop - April and Joe - without them none of this would have been possible. They offered me a free ticket and free plane ride and the Coldplay karma took care of the rest.

What an incredible day. The flight was smooth, the weather, was beautiful, the company fantastic.

We got to the venue a little after one where we met up with kspillers2 - Kelly. We kind of just stood around waiting to see someone. After awhile we noticed a couple of guys down by the parking dock barricades. I thought one guy looked like Bash so Lori and I walked down to say hi. We approach them and it goes something like this:

Mel: Hey! Are you Bash?

Bash: Yeah, how do you know that?

Mel: I know everything.

Bash: Well, then who is this guy? *he points to the guy standing next to him who I have NEVER seen before*

Mel: *laughing* uhhhhhhh, ok I don't know EVERYTHING!!

Bash: Come on, this is Big Tony

Mel: *makes mental note to remember the name Big Tony* Big Tony, huh? Ok. Well, we know you because we were at the Today Show in New York and on the second night in Chicago you gave us one of Will's drumsticks.

Bash: *look of recognition crosses his face* Oh yeah, wait, are you the girls with the sign?

Mel and Lori:*in unison* YES

*then Lori whips out the Reign of Jonny banner and he remembers it*

Bash: Yeah, yeah, ok.

Mel: So are the guys soundchecking today?

Bash: No, they won't be here until later - probably about the time doors open.

Mel: Ok, thanks. *Big Tony is talking into the walkie talkie thing on his shoulder*

We say bye then they walk away. At some point during that exchange I made a point to tell them that we had made a banner just for the roadies and that they would see it later. He laughed and said oookay.

Best Birthday Ever

Part 2

So, we wait and wait and wait. About 3 or 4 in the afternoon - help me out Kelly or Lori with times - a guy comes out to smoke. He is leaning on the barricade looking over to where security has told us we can stand so I wave to him and he gives me a little eyebrow action. Then he walks around the barricades and over to us. He says its really cool we are out here and that his name is Peter and he is the guy who sets all their dressing rooms up. We ask him what time he thinks they'll be coming in and he looks at his phone and says he thinks it'll be close to six. We tell him that we'll be at the Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale shows and that maybe we'll see him there. He tells us he'll try to get some signed stuff for us and that he'll try and come out and give us some sign when they are getting close to the venue. We see Peter after that but he is busy doing stuff.

Best Birthday Ever

Part 2

So, we wait and wait and wait. About 3 or 4 in the afternoon - help me out Kelly or Lori with times - a guy comes out to smoke. He is leaning on the barricade looking over to where security has told us we can stand so I wave to him and he gives me a little eyebrow action. Then he walks around the barricades and over to us. He says its really cool we are out here and that his name is Peter and he is the guy who sets all their dressing rooms up. We ask him what time he thinks they'll be coming in and he looks at his phone and says he thinks it'll be close to six. We tell him that we'll be at the Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale shows and that maybe we'll see him there. He tells us he'll try to get some signed stuff for us and that he'll try and come out and give us some sign when they are getting close to the venue. We see Peter after that but he is busy doing stuff.

Did you ask him to steal the blue shirt for me? :D or Jonny undies? :sneaky: