✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Nov-08: Detroit - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 05-Jul]

Holy fricking mother of god!

Mel says Chris comes out and says Happy Birthday, it's Jonny's baby's 1st birthday. (Awwwwwww Mel has same birthday as Jonny's baby) and then he sees sign Mel has that says it's her birthday and he says "And Happy Birthday to you too!"

They held up "Roadies do it in the dark" sign and some girl that works for band sees them and comes and gets them and takes them back stage and they take their picture posing with sign and all the roadies!

OMG they might be on R42 blog on Coldplay.com.

:D:D:D

OMG that'd be awesome :dead:

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said not too much action on the ramp of love. Some shoulder bumps but no ass or lower back action. They got stopped by security from filming so that sucks, but said they got some good pics.

All butterflies they got came from ramp of love. hehe

Kelly had "Dreaming of the Obama Sun" sign and Chris sang it during LIJ. weeeeeeeeee

Setlist

------------

Life in technicolor

Violet Hill

In my place

Speed of sound

Cemeteries of London

Chinese sleep chant

Fix you

Strawberry swing

Side Stage

-------------

God put a smile on your face (partial techno)

Talk (partial techno)

the hardest part (instrumental)

Main Stage

--------------

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Side Stage

---------------

The scientist (acoustic)

Death will never conquer (Will singing)

Viva la vida remix interlude

Main stage

--------------

Politik

Death and all his friends

Encore

--------------

Yellow

First of all, it was the best concert i have ever been to. there were not any huge surprises but i words cants express what this concert was like. Coldplay playing in Detroit Rock City!! I came within 20 yards or less when Death will never conquer and The scientist. The crowd was nuts. I was nuts. thats all i have to say. thank you COLDPLAY

Viva La Coldplay

thanks for the setlist.. there was already a thread for this show so I merged both threads :)

Originally Posted by Texasluvsjonny;2613353

Holy fricking mother of god!

Mel says Chris comes out and says Happy Birthday, it's Jonny's baby's 1st birthday. (Awwwwwww Mel has same birthday as Jonny's baby) and then he sees sign Mel has that says it's her birthday and he says "And Happy Birthday to you too!"

They held up "Roadies do it in the dark" sign and some girl that works for band sees them and comes and gets them and takes them back stage and they take their picture posing with sign and all the roadies!

OMG they might be on R42 blog on Coldplay.com.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!

that's amazing!!!!!

i see a coldplaying mention on coldplay.com in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Setlist (originally posted in other thread but it was missing some songs so I slid them in

------------

Life in technicolor - I got side seats and was able to see them before the thin black curtain was pulled away

Violet Hill - MY TOP 3 of the night, the DRUMMING was excellent and really engaging

CLOCKS - I THOUGHT this was overrated and a bit crapish but it was STUNNING live

In my place - now I don't love this on the album so much but LIVE it was AMAZING, Chris let the audience chant a bit during the song and it was one of the best of the night

Speed of sound

Cemeteries of London

Chinese sleep chant - The audience was really STONE DEAD for this one, although I was excited to see it live as it happens to be one of my favorites

Fix you - the whole audience sang throughout the song

Strawberry swing - not as good as it is on the record, but it's my favorite Coldplay song so it was obviously amazing to see it live

Side Stage

-------------

God put a smile on your face (partial techno) - I thought this was a bit strange, but it worked in a strange way...then again I'm not a huge fan of the original anyway

Talk (partial techno) - I would've liked to hear the regular version and in full, but it was nice to just hear it at all

the hardest part (instrumental) - Chris DEDICATED it to JENNIFER HUDSON, it took me a bit by surprised but it was really nice of him of course...only Will and Chris performed the song as usual

Main Stage

--------------

Viva La Vida - after a bit of a lull in the show this brought everyone back up and it was certainly one of their biggest hits for a reason

Lost! - One of my favorites of the night! It's certainly best when live...especially those ending notes give me chills

Side Stage

---------------

The scientist (acoustic) - he went into the audience and it was a nice change of pace for such a big hit

Death will never conquer (Will singing) - Will did a great job and I very much like his accent, he got a warm reception

Viva la vida remix interlude - great remix...and transition into one of the last sets

Main stage

--------------

Politik - I love this - those drums just came out of nowhere

LOVERS IN JAPAN - not sure if it was in THIS spot of the set list, but I'm so glad they did this instead of "Yes" which would have slowed the show down a bit, it was an energetic performance

Death and all his friends

Encore

--------------

Yellow - it was a nice performance, but I would've preferred them to do a different song as an encore.

The Escapist

OVERALL it was a really great show and Chris is certainly an amazing performer and I didn't really ever lose interest so it definitely kept the excitement going in for the most part. Chris also said he was glad to say it was the "last day of the Bush administration" which obviously led to many cheers. And the show itself went by at WARP SPEED...

I'm a bit surprised they only did ONE song from Parachutes, but they covered most of Viva so that's what counts I guess. In conclusion, I'd see them again in a heartbeat!

thanks for the setlist.. there was already a thread for this show so I merged both threads :)

That set list was missing a couple of songs (Clocks, Lovers in Japan and if you want to get technical The Escapist), I posted the revised edition in my review.