✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

04-Aug-08: Boston - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 03-Nov]

coldplay boston lyrics mystery

^^^ Yeah, I agree about the 2nd part. But the 1st part ???? ARGH! :confused:

"God gave me style and ____ ____ _____ (3 syllables) ,

God bring me down to Massachuuuuusetts."

Possible words: bliss, rest,

Possible two words: number wits (that's what i hear, but how does that make sense??),

I listened to your vid Mike too, but still cannot tell what Chris' saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsF8qDJbJhE

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coldplay boston GPASUYF mystery

^ hehe, no your singing doesn't make it difficult to hear,

it's you and the 14,999 other people singing that makes it difficult. :cool:

Gah! I must figure this out!! (guess i obsess WAY TOO MUCH about all things Coldplay :P)

Oooh, I listened again and still hear "WITS" or something like that... :confused:

Surely someone can tell what he's saying???

^ hehe, no your singing doesn't make it difficult to hear,

it's you and the 14,999 other people singing that makes it difficult. :cool:

Gah! I must figure this out!! (guess i obsess WAY TOO MUCH about all things Coldplay :P)

Oooh, I listened again and still hear "WITS" or something like that... :confused:

Surely someone can tell what he's saying???

Maybe you're on to something.

"God give me style and give me wits.

God bring me down to Massachuuuuuusetts."

I seriously think you might be right. :)

In my experience at the Garden, as long as you don't have a camera that has a detachable zoom lens, you're ok. Just don't bring an obnoxiously huge camera, and you'll have no trouble.

I don't see why not. I was planning on bringing one too. :cool:

Does anybody know if this thing "No bags/cameras" is really legitimate for Banknorth?

Cuz i'll be extremely upset if I can't take a few pics of the boys...:\

COLDPLAY

VIVA LA VIDA TOUR

TD BANKNORTH GARDEN

NO BAGS/CAMERAS/AUDIO <<<

MON AUG 4, 2008 7:30PM

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/010040C308EC5C33?artistid=806431&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Boston August 4th 2008

I cannot believe it's already been 22 days since the concert!!!!

I wanna go back soooo bad! :bigcry: Back to the start :dozey:

Anyway, just thought I'd finally get to writing about some of the highlights/quotes! Reminiscing material :daisy:

Chris was sooooo quirky that night :laugh3: It was AWESOME!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

* During "Clocks" Chris still did the hand over head motion during the "shoot an apple off my head" part.

*"In My Place" Chris says: "Oh it doesn't feel like a Monday to us. Thanks for coming out to see us everybody. Just for tonight we'll pretend we're from Boston and it's Saturday. U2 are playing." Then during Jonny's solo, he says: "Go J, go J, go! Ladies and gentlemen, our best friend Jonny Buckland!" :heart:

*"Viva La Vida" Chris comments: "I think you people are gonna be louder than all of the other places we've played combined. Wow you're an incredible forum."

*"42" Chris played the tune from JAWS since Steven Spielberg was supposed to be in the audience. During Jonny's 2nd riff, he kind of messed up the ending. He forgot the cool part at the end :wacko:

* During "Yes" something happened with Chris' acoustic guitar and so Hoppy ran out to switch it.

*"Fix You" Chris let us sing the chorus and then remarked: "Oh man, I can hear the Irish blood in the water!"

*"God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" Chris sings: "God gave me style and wits, god bring me down to Massachuuuuuuusetts."

*Before beginning "Yellow" Chris says: “It’s about time we said hello to everybody. We want to say hello to everybody, you know? There’s a lot of people for a Monday and we’re incredibly grateful for that. How you doing so far? [cheers] I dunno, I dunno what you’re missing on TV, maybe Home Improvement or a re-run of Seinfeld. Whatever you’re missing on TIVO or whatever, we really do appreciate it. Especially as we’re not even Irish or American and you’re still being nice to us. We appreciate it. Although we do have all the members of U2 on speed-dial, that I can assure you. It’s a close-knit community in the soft rock world. This is ah, this is a great big Monday sing-a-long. I don’t care what you’re missing on TV, you can sing to this.”

*"The Scientist" Guy took pics of the crowd. Chris says: "So this is what it’s like in the back! See uh, we not so pretty up close, we’re not so good when you’re close to us. What can you do? We’re the ultimate radio band, we’re not going on TV. Haha. But anyway, seeing as we’ve come close we might as well sing something in the back. So uh, this is a song uh, this is a song I wrote after a steamy night with Condeleza Rice. Not really, but it sounds good! [laughs in audience, Chris laughs] We had great physical chemistry but the political just wasn’t there. So you have to make these things up. Anyways, this is called 'The Scientist'"

*"Death Will Never Conquer" Chris says: "Now you may ask the question 'why does every singer from England think they can play the harmonica?' Well the answer is, we can't! And really, it's an affetation. It's an attempt to be like Mick Jagger, an attempt to be like Bob Dylan, and it really doesn't work. So I apologize for that. The one benefit it does have is uh, well it doesn't really have a benefit, shit, fuck that! I didn't really think that through. There's no benefit, it doesn't look good, doesn't sound good, doesn't feel good, it's just a waste of everyone's time and money. However, we do have more cards up our sleeve than just a singer who plays harmonica. We have one of the most talented drummers in the history of the world. [crowd cheers] His name is Will. He's like a Swiss army knife. He can do anything, anything you ask. He can fix cars, he can drink, he can taste wine, he can seduce [laughs]. Forget that. Don't put that on the Internet for goodness sake! And the main thing he can do is sing beautiful songs before we go off and do the whole Encore shebang. You know how the encore thing works, we're gonna leave, we're gonna go come back, we're gonna come back, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be magical. This is Will, he's gonna sing to you. I'll shut the fuck up! We'll see you in a minute!"

*Beginning of "Death and All His Friends" Chris says: "I didn't want to do this because it's cheesy, but we're great fans of his so he's probably left the building by now anyway to get into his helicopter. We'd like to dedicate this to Tom Brady your quarterback and we're big fans of his and we're very honoured he came to the show. As it is, all of you came to the show and I hope to goodness it was worth it and uh, what more could you have done on a Monday? Anyway, we appreciate it. We're going to Japan tomorrow morning and we're going to miss you. And thank you so much for coming in. OK, that's it. This is the last song, what can we do man? [laughs]

All winter, we got married, OH fuck it! [laughs]"

"Thank you so much everybody, thanks to our crew, thanks to...(couldn't hear what he said there), and the people of Boston for coming out to see us. Thanks a lot and have a good night!" :nice:

When the boys were bowing, Jonny kept staring at my sign!

Guy stayed while the others left and took a pic of the crowd.

Great Big Monday!

it's been almost a month since i saw the concert and i'm still amazed!

it was by far the best concert in my life, i'm from a little town in spain and the fact of beeing in boston on holydays is awesome itself, but having the chance of see coldplay was more than i could ever imagine.

i was with my BF and my "mother-in-law", and we were so close to them...and now i'm here watching your videos and pics (thank you all, BTW) in the other side of the world!

how can i post my pics? Thank you!!

cool review :D tyvm

Anyway, just thought I'd finally get to writing about some of the highlights/quotes! Reminiscing material :daisy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

* During "Clocks" Chris still did the hand over head motion during the "shoot an apple off my head" part.

*"In My Place" Chris says: "Oh it doesn't feel like a Monday to us. Thanks for coming out to see us everybody. Just for tonight we'll pretend we're from Boston and it's Saturday. U2 are playing." Then during Jonny's solo, he says: "Go J, go J, go! Ladies and gentlemen, our best friend Jonny Buckland!" :heart:

*"Viva La Vida" Chris comments: "I think you people are gonna be louder than all of the other places we've played combined. Wow you're an incredible forum."

*"42" Chris played the tune from JAWS since Steven Spielberg was supposed to be in the audience. During Jonny's 2nd riff, he kind of messed up the ending. He forgot the cool part at the end :wacko:

* During "Yes" something happened with Chris' acoustic guitar and so Hoppy ran out to switch it.

*"Fix You" Chris let us sing the chorus and then remarked: "Oh man, I can hear the Irish blood in the water!"

*"God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" Chris sings: "God gave me style and wits, god bring me down to Massachuuuuuuusetts."

*Before beginning "Yellow" Chris says: “It’s about time we said hello to everybody. We want to say hello to everybody, you know? There’s a lot of people for a Monday and we’re incredibly grateful for that. How you doing so far? [cheers] I dunno, I dunno what you’re missing on TV, maybe Home Improvement or a re-run of Seinfeld. Whatever you’re missing on TIVO or whatever, we really do appreciate it. Especially as we’re not even Irish or American and you’re still being nice to us. We appreciate it. Although we do have all the members of U2 on speed-dial, that I can assure you. It’s a close-knit community in the soft rock world. This is ah, this is a great big Monday sing-a-long. I don’t care what you’re missing on TV, you can sing to this.”

*"The Scientist" Guy took pics of the crowd. Chris says: "So this is what it’s like in the back! See uh, we not so pretty up close, we’re not so good when you’re close to us. What can you do? We’re the ultimate radio band, we’re not going on TV. Haha. But anyway, seeing as we’ve come close we might as well sing something in the back. So uh, this is a song uh, this is a song I wrote after a steamy night with Condeleza Rice. Not really, but it sounds good! [laughs in audience, Chris laughs] We had great physical chemistry but the political just wasn’t there. So you have to make these things up. Anyways, this is called 'The Scientist'"

*"Death Will Never Conquer" Chris says: "Now you may ask the question 'why does every singer from England think they can play the harmonica?' Well the answer is, we can't! And really, it's an affetation. It's an attempt to be like Mick Jagger, an attempt to be like Bob Dylan, and it really doesn't work. So I apologize for that. The one benefit it does have is uh, well it doesn't really have a benefit, shit, fuck that! I didn't really think that through. There's no benefit, it doesn't look good, doesn't sound good, doesn't feel good, it's just a waste of everyone's time and money. However, we do have more cards up our sleeve than just a singer who plays harmonica. We have one of the most talented drummers in the history of the world. [crowd cheers] His name is Will. He's like a Swiss army knife. He can do anything, anything you ask. He can fix cars, he can drink, he can taste wine, he can seduce [laughs]. Forget that. Don't put that on the Internet for goodness sake! And the main thing he can do is sing beautiful songs before we go off and do the whole Encore shebang. You know how the encore thing works, we're gonna leave, we're gonna go come back, we're gonna come back, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be magical. This is Will, he's gonna sing to you. I'll shut the fuck up! We'll see you in a minute!"

*Beginning of "Death and All His Friends" Chris says: "I didn't want to do this because it's cheesy, but we're great fans of his so he's probably left the building by now anyway to get into his helicopter. We'd like to dedicate this to Tom Brady your quarterback and we're big fans of his and we're very honoured he came to the show. As it is, all of you came to the show and I hope to goodness it was worth it and uh, what more could you have done on a Monday? Anyway, we appreciate it. We're going to Japan tomorrow morning and we're going to miss you. And thank you so much for coming in. OK, that's it. This is the last song, what can we do man? [laughs]

"Thank you so much everybody, thanks to our crew, thanks to...(couldn't hear what he said there), and the people of Boston for coming out to see us. Thanks a lot and have a good night!" :nice:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That's b/c he was looking for me!:laugh3: I wish!

Great review! Thanks for putting so much thought into it! :)

coldplay boston

^^ Hahaha, thanks Lori! :cool:

Hey, he could have been looking for you....since you actually met him and he's seen you!!!! :dozey:

Just realized that I forgot to mention "Life in Technicolor" :stunned:

well, I couldn't really see the boys exactly, since that black partially see-through curtain was in front of them.

But when Will's drums kicked in, it was really intense! I think Chris must have been shocked by the response they got on a Monday night. Crowd was loud!!!!

that was the 2nd time I've seen them on a Monday night. Both times were utterly amazing.... maybe Monday's are a really good thing.

(Coldplay make Monday awesome! :smug:)

• 1 month later...

Hi from The Luxury

Hey folks, it's Jason from The Luxury (the singer) - one of our fans pointed out the forum to me yesterday. Very cool!

I just wanted to say thank you to JDFSX1, busybeeburns, condor, and everyone in the thread for coming out to the show :) Thanks for the kind words - we had a great night. And a special thanks to those of you who came out early for the little local band.

Cheers,

Jason

theluxuryband.com

The Luxury!!!!!!

^^^ OH WOW! Hi the Luxury! :nice:

(Don't know if you remember, but I was the girl with the VIVA shirt waiting outside.

I believe your guitarist Daanen Krouth shouted out the car window, "I see you have a VIVA shirt.

We're on before Coldplay so look for us, the Luxury band!")

So I made sure to go and listen to both opening bands and you guys really sounded amazing!!!

It's a shame you aren't touring with Coldplay for their return to Boston.

I would love to hear you again @ the Garden :cool:

(P.S. so Coldplay gave you guys a bucket of ice with champagne and a note??? So Sweet!)

Wising you good luck for your future shows! :heart:

~ Emily

• 3 months later...

My AMAZING Experience from Boston August 4, 2008 [i know it's late]

I was searching for Coldplay forums, and I just found this site. I was looking at the older threads and saw the one for the August 4 show back in 2008 in Boston. I was there! I wish I knew about this site then, but I hope it's ok if I post now.

Sorry it's late, but I feel like I need to share. I don't know if this needs to be moved to a different forum.

First of all, I have always loved Coldplay, so being able to go to their concert was a dream come true for me. I went with some friends, and we had tickets for the balcony. So we got to the venue kind of early and we walked around and went to our seats, which were in the balcony but they weren't that bad. Then we were walking around and this guy who looks like he works for Coldplay comes up to us and asks to see our tickets. We were a little suspicious because I didn't know what he wanted. He was looking at our tickets and saying how it's too bad some young girls can't afford better tickets, and he was going on and on, then he says something like "i'm going to move you to the front." So he hands us NEW tickets for the 3RD ROW!

I'm freaking out at this point. We get to our new seats and we sit down and we're are sooo close to the stage, seriously. 3rd row, center. :D It was crazy. I had no idea that Coldplay does this at concerts!!!

Do they always do this?

I can't believe that we were actually lucky enough to be upgraded! We had baclony seats, and then we were sitting in the 3rd row! Ahh. And I couldn't believe all the celebs that were there. The whole concert was amazing, as the other thread said. This was my first Coldplay concert, and it was unbelievable. I wanted to share some pictures.

Coming out-

n1353390083_30080072_12201.jpg

n1353390083_30080075_24771.jpg

We were this close...

n1353390083_30080077_3011.jpg

n1353390083_30080078_7091.jpg

n1353390083_30080079_11101.jpg

n1353390083_30080080_15221.jpg

n1353390083_30080085_35741.jpg

n1353390083_30080087_43951.jpg

n1353390083_30080108_70141.jpg

n1353390083_30080098_24481.jpg

Saying bye-

n1353390083_30080144_6111.jpg

Celebs! (Gwyneth in the white halter, Jerry Seinfeld in the pink collared shirt/blazer)

n1353390083_30080188_96181.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, they do that at concerts. I found out when I joined this forum, which was after I saw them in concert in Orlando on November.

It was my first concert too. I waited years to see them in concert because the first time they came to my town I didn't have money :cry:

I didn't care about driving an hour to Orlando, nor paying $350 for three tickets on the middle-tier of the arena, which sounds like a lot for those types of seats. It wasn't that bad since they were almost at the center, so the view of the stage, lights, and effects were good.

BUT what I didn't expect was Coldplay coming at the end of my row to sing The Scientist

(there's a video of me freaking out for a minute :lol:). I couldn't believe my eyes!

Later on, when I joined this forum, I find out that they also do this at all gigs. I was just lucky to get seats on the right section and row.