✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Small Reminders/Updates & The Coldplay Messenger (feat. Roadie #42!)

eFlat

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Exhibition Room moves to 7 days

November 27, 2009 1:54 pm

A new Exhibit will now be displayed every day

news_line.png

Good afternoon. We're pleased to announce that the Exhibition Room will now be posting a new Exhibit seven days a week (rather than just Monday to Friday). We've decided to increase the number because we've been so blown away by the number and quality of the Exhibits that you folks have been uploading - and we want you to see more of them.

Quite a few of you have been in touch asking how each day's Exhibit is selected. Well, the Curator looks at every single creation which is submitted (more than 3,000 so far) and then decides which ones to display in the Exhibition Room. Impress the Curator and you stand a good chance of seeing your work on the site.

So, what will impress the Curator? Not, we're told, pictures of the band or footage from their shows (including the butterflies). Nor is the Curator looking for videos of you folks covering a Coldplay song - though they don't mind if you use a Coldplay tune to soundtrack your own original short film.

Essentially, as today's Exhibit proves, your best bet is to just let your imagination, ideas and creativity flow. Which is exactly what so many of you have done already. Keep up the good work - and thanks to all of you for making the Exhibition Room such a success.

Anchorman

mencaplogo.jpgChristmas show in Exeter for Mencap announced

December 2, 2009 10:00 am

Coldplay to appear with Lily Allen and La Roux

We're very pleased to report that Coldplay will play an extremely special show in Exeter on Saturday, 19th December, as part of Mencap's new Big Noise Session. Also playing are Lily Allen and La Roux. The show will mark a homecoming for Chris, who was born-and-bred in Exeter.

The stunning Exeter Castle will serve as a backdrop for this unique event, which will be staged inside a marquee transformed into a Christmas winter wonderland. It will be in this festive, intimate setting that La Roux, Lily Allen and Coldplay will perform unique, stripped-back sets.

Tickets for the show will cost £50, with all proceeds going to Mencap's amazing work with those with learning difficulties in the UK. Just 500 tickets will be available.

The first batch of pre-sale tickets will be made available on Tuesday, 8th December to paying subscribers on the Little Noise Sessions website at http://www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk (subscription costs £6 and also gains you access to Little Noise Sessions videos, Jo Whiley blog, gallery etc).

The next batch of tickets will be sold in person at HMV Exeter on Thursday, 10th December at 8am.

The final batch of tickets will be put on general sale on Friday, 11th December via http://www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk and http://www.hmv.com.

Says Chris Martin: "I don't think there could be a better way to end the decade... La Roux, Lily Allen, Jo Whiley - what more can you ask for? We're proud to support Mencap and, for me, it's exciting to play my hometown. We haven't played there since 2000. It's going to be really, really special."

Says Radio 1 DJ Jo Whiley (who is behind the Little Noise Sessions): "This gig has all the right ingredients... a beautiful location, Christmas spirit, one of the best bands in the world and special friends all in an intimate setting. Add mulled wine, mistletoe, candles and carols and this will be the ultimate winter warmer. I couldn't be more thrilled that Coldplay, Lily and La Roux want to make a big festive Noise for Mencap."

Anchorman

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Christmas show in Exeter for Mencap announced[/color][/b]

December 2, 2009 10:00 am

Coldplay to appear with Lily Allen and La Roux

We're very pleased to report that Coldplay will play an extremely special show in Exeter on Saturday, 19th December, as part of Mencap's new Big Noise Session. Also playing are Lily Allen and La Roux. The show will mark a homecoming for Chris, who was born-and-bred in Exeter.

The stunning Exeter Castle will serve as a backdrop for this unique event, which will be staged inside a marquee transformed into a Christmas winter wonderland. It will be in this festive, intimate setting that La Roux, Lily Allen and Coldplay will perform unique, stripped-back sets.

Tickets for the show will cost £50, with all proceeds going to Mencap's amazing work with those with learning difficulties in the UK. Just 500 tickets will be available.

The first batch of pre-sale tickets will be made available on Tuesday, 8th December to paying subscribers on the Little Noise Sessions website at http://www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk (subscription costs £6 and also gains you access to Little Noise Sessions videos, Jo Whiley blog, gallery etc).

The next batch of tickets will be sold in person at HMV Exeter on Thursday, 10th December at 8am.

The final batch of tickets will be put on general sale on Friday, 11th December via http://www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk and http://www.hmv.com.

Says Chris Martin: "I don't think there could be a better way to end the decade... La Roux, Lily Allen, Jo Whiley - what more can you ask for? We're proud to support Mencap and, for me, it's exciting to play my hometown. We haven't played there since 2000. It's going to be really, really special."

Says Radio 1 DJ Jo Whiley (who is behind the Little Noise Sessions): "This gig has all the right ingredients... a beautiful location, Christmas spirit, one of the best bands in the world and special friends all in an intimate setting. Add mulled wine, mistletoe, candles and carols and this will be the ultimate winter warmer. I couldn't be more thrilled that Coldplay, Lily and La Roux want to make a big festive Noise for Mencap."

Anchorman

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

OMG....... any of your are going? I would like to go!

Thanks Ana for the news!

Brilliant!!!

YAY.We're gonna see Will :D

I'm gonna try and get tickets. :wacko:

Even though Exeter is 3 hours away :bigcry:

:D I love hearing Europeans (I am one as well) complain about a 3 hour drive.Once you've lived in Canada or the US 3 hours is nothing!