✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bon Iver

Black Rose

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^It really was. I was blown away. :heart:

It was especially nice for me because they're playing where I live tonight (Philly), and I'm in New York City. :sad: I was so unbelievably sad when I heard I couldn't go, but it was great to be able to hear the show.

That crowd was fantastic, too. :heart:.

EDIT: By the way, if you missed it, you can still hear it on NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/03/138890247/live-tuesday-bon-iver-in-concert?ps=mh_frimg1

^:blush: Thanks for the well wishes!

Oh my god, I was blown away. BLOWN. What can I say about the most beautiful and heartwarming performance I have ever seen.

It was unbelievable. Our seats were unbelievable. The crowd was good in some parts, a pain in my ass at others. But I really couldn't care less about them.

I felt like I was sitting on the stage with him. Gah, the sound was just... so beautiful. Much louder than I expected to be honest, but in a good way.

And I love how they really change quite a few of the songs around live, so you don't feel like you're just listening to the CD.

OH,

and try to find a video of this because I didn't tape it.

During "Skinny Love", around maybe the second verse or so, Justin THROWS his guitar down and they do it a cappella basically, with just the two guys on drums and our clapping hands keeping the beat. He was really fucking feeling it, man.

Oh, and I have a couple of fangirl moments to share with you. So stop reading if this stuff grosses you out. :P

During "Beach Baby", Justin asked the audience what the nearest beach to us was, and everyone started yelling out including me.

I was yelling "Jersey, Jersey!"

He looks at me, smiles, says "Wait, what is it?" and leans over to try to hear me. I say "Jersey!" as loud as I can but people are still screaming over me.

"Darby?" He says back.

I yell "No!" and laugh, and he smiles, and says "I think it's Darby." Then he tells the story of Darby Beach, which doesn't exist. :P

AND.

Later in the night when they were trying to start a song, Justin goes "1, 2, 3, 4" and right on four people start screaming out. Told you the audience was a pain in the ass at some parts.

Justin goes "Try not to cut off the song, dude."

I laughed, and he looked straight at me and smiled. :wacky:

And another quick fangirl thing.

From where I was sitting, I could see a bit offstage. As soon as he got off stage he took his shirt off.

I saw Justin Vernon shirtless, ladies. :wink3:

Anyway. :wacko: Enough with my fangirlness.

Pictures and videos!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twxL4LQKdlU]‪"Beach Baby", Bon Iver, 8/3/2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDEoSzF2lFY]‪"Flume", Bon Iver, 8/3/2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUxUTf9mBeQ]‪"Stacks", Bon Iver, 8/3/2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnCwYq_VCdw]‪"For Emma", Bon Iver, 8/3/2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Photos!

DSCF3025.jpg?t=1312464827

DSCF3027.jpg

DSCF3028.jpg

DSCF3029.jpg

DSCF3030.jpg

DSCF3031.jpg

DSCF3032.jpg

DSCF3033.jpg

DSCF3034.jpg

DSCF3044.jpg

DSCF3045.jpg

DSCF3046.jpg

DSCF3048.jpg

DSCF3050.jpg

DSCF3051.jpg

DSCF3052.jpg

DSCF3054.jpg

DSCF3055.jpg

DSCF3056.jpg

DSCF3057.jpg

DSCF3060.jpg

DSCF3061.jpg

DSCF3062.jpg

Enjoy! :nice:

Another great part of the night that I completely forgot.

Around the end of the show this dumbass chick is waving at Justin right in front of the stage even though her seats were super far back (I watched her go back to her seat all angry).

She's yelling Justin's name and he looks at her to see what she wants.

Now I didn't hear everything she said but I heard her ask him to sing something for someone or for her or something.

Justin just goes "No." and shakes his head, and the entire theatre laughs as she goes back to her seat all angry and embarrassed as she should be.

I'm sorry but I hate when people do that kind've thing, trying to make it their own private concert and all. And I think too many singers give into their ignorance. Was good to see Justin wasn't one of them. :D

Yeah it's a great venue. He made some comment about it being in the woods and all and everyone started cheering cause they thought he was gonna do Woods. Instead they closed with The Wolves, which was a bit surprising.

Good setlist, they played pretty much all of the new album, except for one song + Blood Bank which sounded amazing with a full band, Flume, For Emma, Brackett WI (from Dark Was The Night), Skinny Love, re: Stacks, and Beach Baby, before closing with everyone singing along to The Wolves. It rained a bit, but it didn't really affect anything.

Oh, and I think he was high :blank: