✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bon Iver

Black Rose

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The album is nothing special but I like it and I think it is very nice.

The more I listen to it the more it is growing on me.

They improved a bit and I love how they made those cracking and pushing sounds combined with ambient elements!

It is perfect for chillaxing!!!

And I agree with Justin that "It's definitely the part where you pick up your joint and re-light it." :wacko:

It is definately an album I can always listen to without getting bored.

Ha ! thanks for saying that they announced new dates! Hopefully I'll get a ticket but I doubt it

why not? just be the first to buy one^^ just check every day if they are available already or contact the station that sells the tickets and ask when they are gonna sell the bon iver one's!.. then you will be safe.. ;)

why not? just be the first to buy one^^ just check every day if they are available already or contact the station that sells the tickets and ask when they are gonna sell the bon iver one's!.. then you will be safe.. ;)

well it's quite a small venue (about 2000 people) but a lot of people want tickets and I never get lucky. I contacted the venue and hopefully I can but a ticket at the ticketshop rather than online

£20 plus fees :)

:thumbsup: I'll have to spend 27,80 € = 24,50 £ :) 's totally going to be worth it.

well it's quite a small venue (about 2000 people) but a lot of people want tickets and I never get lucky. I contacted the venue and hopefully I can but a ticket at the ticketshop rather than online

Good luck! ;)

I've listened to the new album three times through so far, and I pretty much love it. It's more experimental, and definitely in a good way.

I agree.. definately in a good way.. :)

So I listened to it last night, and a bit more today. His choice of timbres throughout most of the album is awesome, as is the way in which he blurs the line between folk and pop (shown in his use of low vocals).

That said, I was dissapointed by the closing stretch. Wash. comes off a bit contrived, with the repeating piano and sentimental vocals, its just not particularly interesting, despite the usual tricks. While Calgary and Beth suffer (imho) from the use of outdated atmospherics and pop sensibilities. It may have worked for Peter Gabriel, but the keyboards and accompanying instruments in Beth especially reminds of poorly produced eric clapton pop songs. The cheesiness just makes both songs emotionally inaccessible to me, which is a pity because he seems to be pouring a lot into the vocals. Perth, Holocene, and Michicant are great tracks though, and its cool to see him stretch beyond the basic acoustic guitar and keyboards of for emma.

it's really weird. i absolutely loved Beth the first time i heard it. then i listened again and i really hate it. i was thinking why the hell have they written a 80s power ballad.

it's funny because you really hyped it for me. So I was getting ready for an explosion of awesomeness during the last few songs, and then it comes on and I'm like :blank:

it's funny because you really hyped it for me. So I was getting ready for an explosion of awesomeness during the last few songs, and then it comes on and I'm like :blank:

haha sorry. even i surprised myself. i was away from the computer when it was playing and i was listening thinking man this sounds terrible can't wait til it gets to Beth. then i get back to my computer and i see......it was Beth :laugh3: maybe i was in a lame ballad mood on wednesday morning when i first heard it.