✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bon Iver

Black Rose

nice! good to hear that after you haven't been this optimistic to get some.. :)

It's also thanks to you. If you hadn't mentioned the new tour dates, I probably wouldn't have known until way after the ticket sale

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new album seems to be more like a full body of work, as opposed to an album with very different songs which could be singles.

but but remember viva la vida or death and all his friends! it is also more like a full body of work and they released 6 singles!!!:) okay okay i didn't mean to compare bon iver, bon iver to coldplay.. :rolleyes:

It's also thanks to you. If you hadn't mentioned the new tour dates, I probably wouldn't have known until way after the ticket sale

I didn't know that Bon Iver is well known in public and that so many people would queue to get tickets for them! Thats even more nice then! =)

disappointed at the lack of reaction. so i'll just talk to myself.

a lot of the emotion that defined For Emma seems to have been replaced with a heavier focus on experimentation. it is clearly much more of a full band effort than the debut so it doesn't feel as personal but it does give a fuller sound. the closing track Beth/Rest is probably one of the best songs i have heard this year. a cracking end to the album.

haha sorry. even i surprised myself. i was away from the computer when it was playing and i was listening thinking man this sounds terrible can't wait til it gets to Beth. then i get back to my computer and i see......it was Beth :laugh3: maybe i was in a lame ballad mood on wednesday morning when i first heard it.

I do more like your first impression :thumbsup:

I didn't know that Bon Iver is well known in public and that so many people would queue to get tickets for them! Thats even more nice then! =)

They are here in Belgium. It sold out in 20mins ! When the doors of the ticketshop opened, there wer 50 people queing. I was first in line :cool: So cool to walk past them with my tickets in hand

• 2 weeks later...

i actually sat and down listened to the album with my undivided attention (something i very very rarely do) and it was a really nice experience. it may not have the same emotion as For Emma but it has this wonderful warmth to it that really wasn't there on the debut. the songs are well structured and very well produced. aside from that unfortunate closing track there is hardly a weak moment on it.

it's hard not to compare this to their debut but when you do, it's much easier to appreciate.

• 2 weeks later...